• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

Personally, I think the Truth should be OOP for a couple reasons. It's not a true straight-to fade disc like the Emac, and it's not really a lazer hyzerflip disc like the Evidence either. For me, it's an awkward inbetween stability that I can only describe as squirrely.
Plus, there's always the confusion among new players: "oh I heard Truths were great discs so I got one. Wait, DD makes two different discs both called the Truth? What's the difference? Which should I get?" Just keep the one that 95% of players prefer and cut the original Truth. Plus, that would drive up demand of the much better straight mold, the Evidence.

Absolutely. I bagged an EMac Truth for a bit. I LOVED that disc at first throw. However, over time I found it to be horribly unreliable and flippy. I couldn't throw it accurately to save my life. I was sick of having to guess with hyzer angle to keep the Truth flat. I replaced that slot in my bag with a Champion Roc3 and never looked back. The EMac was also useless in even a whisper of a headwind.

The EMac Truth was really long for a mid too. I'd throw that thing and it would end up well past where I wanted it. Its faster than most other mids.

Even the Buzzz is a better option for me than the Truth.

I'm just anxious to hear all the butthurt when they OOP somebody's favorite mold

giphy.gif

I'll likely be one of those whiny guys. You've been forewarned.

Absolutely. I bagged an EMac Truth for a bit. I LOVED that disc at first throw. However, over time I found it to be horribly unreliable and flippy. I couldn't throw it accurately to save my life. I was sick of having to guess with hyzer angle to keep the Truth flat. I replaced that slot in my bag with a Champion Roc3 and never looked back. The EMac was also useless in even a whisper of a headwind.

The EMac Truth was really long for a mid too. I'd throw that thing and it would end up well past where I wanted it. Its faster than most other mids.

Even the Buzzz is a better option for me than the Truth.

I think you misunderstood me. I love the Emac Truth. But I just don't find any consistency with a regular (non-Emac) Truth.

I like the preMac Truth but I wouldn't bag one if I played open courses often. In the woods though it's a lot like the Core, another kinda touchy Buzzz-esque type mid that fell in popularity. You can do nice hyzer flip lines with it and the rim feels nice. It is hella confusing having a Truth and an EMac Truth though.

The regular Truth I bought once by accident and it's not very good. Emac Truth is a nice straight mid.

Losing the evidence would make me sad. But my thought in general was they would/should be doing away with many of the flippy molds. For a while they seemed to just be churning out discs that started out X/X/-1/2 ish and quickly turn into X/X/-3/1 or something similar. A few have a place but too many is too many. The evidence replaced the regular truth for me. And that is basically a turnover or disc I can throw flat-ish or hyzerflip and have it finish to the right. The evidence did this easier with less power.

There are molds I wonder about and the ones I kinda fear because they have become a little bit harder to find despite their popularity. The River and Compass for me.

The river less worried about I grabbed several a while ago and its more of a utility disc for me so don't see me needing replacements. But the compass? That is one of my favorite discs... period. I don't see a lot of what looks like fresh re-stocking. Most of Infinite's stock are the signed Ricky ones I don't want. The Opto-X seems good to me but not $25 Grady Shue disc from their site good. After having lost a few if this disc went OOP i would be seriously butt hurt. I almost started a thread today wondering what is out there closest to a Compass from other companies, because i'm nervous about the inventory seemingly going away.

There are molds I wonder about and the ones I kinda fear because they have become a little bit harder to find despite their popularity.

Yep. This whole pre-announcement announcement is incredibly frustrating. Seems like a ploy to drive up business while people are scared their molds might go OOP. Then there will be the second bump in sales once the OOP mold list is officially announced. I find this disappointing, especially since DD usually does a lot to take care of their customers and grow the sport. Seems out of character for them.

Yep. This whole pre-announcement announcement is incredibly frustrating. Seems like a ploy to drive up business while people are scared their molds might go OOP. Then there will be the second bump in sales once the OOP mold list is officially announced. I find this disappointing, especially since DD usually does a lot to take care of their customers and grow the sport. Seems out of character for them.

Agree. I don't like the way they're going about this. I can understand them trimming the herd, but the integrity thing to do is to just announce the molds going OOP instead of this charade. But I'm sure they think there's a 'disc golf is love, disc golf is life' aspect to it...

Well, i've been looking for Compasses but the passive aggressive part of me is fully triggered by this type of action and I would simply switch manufacturers than have to go through the panic and start buying up the discs I'm afraid might be going out of production.

Thinking of taking a look at the infinite mids or maybe an MD3.

I have a hard time picking 12 DD molds:
Freedom
Captain?
Criminal
Convict?
Thief?
Breakout?
Witness
Truth
Fugitive
Warrant?
Proof?
Gavel?

If they keep the the 3 easy to throw discs it's even harder. I think Lat64 is gonna drop a ton. Most of their drivers are never talked about and I don't see most in stores. The overmolds and a few putters will go too. I could see lat really scale back and slowly release new disc to refill the lineup.

Last edited:
I think Lat64 is gonna drop a ton. Most of their drivers are never talked about and I don't see most in stores. The overmolds and a few putters will go too. I could see lat really scale back and slowly release new disc to refill the lineup.

I'd forgotten about the overmolds, which is probably all the more reason they should go OOP. :\

Lat64 has some really good molds. The River and the Saint are popular, as a couple of examples. But yes, they could drop some of those really high-speed drivers...

Latitude 64's Maul has been a criminally underrated disc it's whole life but that just pretty well guarantees it gets cut. Shame.

It sits between the Hatchet and Underworld so I will need to force those two to hit the Maul lines assuming they don't get cut.

I'm also bagging a Stag that many are suggesting might get cut. One good thing there, from reviews it sounds like the new DD Vandal will fly a lot like the Stag.

Latitude 64's Maul has been a criminally underrated disc it's whole life but that just pretty well guarantees it gets cut. Shame.

It sits between the Hatchet and Underworld so I will need to force those two to hit the Maul lines assuming they don't get cut.

I'm also bagging a Stag that many are suggesting might get cut. One good thing there, from reviews it sounds like the new DD Vandal will fly a lot like the Stag.

I'm hanging onto my Vandal just in case the Stag gets axed, but if it does I'll probably buy 3-4 first then transition out when they are either lost or too beat.

I'm hanging onto my Vandal just in case the Stag gets axed, but if it does I'll probably buy 3-4 first then transition out when they are either lost or too beat.

Yeah I'm keeping my eye on Stags too. There appears to be a healthy supply in most web stores, plus my local shop has at least 10 in stock. I feel pretty confident that I could snag another 4-5 to add to the 2 I already have, even if I wait for the official OOP announcement. I do have a birthday coming up in a few weeks, so if I get gift cards prior to the announcement then I'll probably stock up then. But I'm not going to scare myself into spending my own cash on what at this point is only idle speculation. Especially since I have multiple molds potentially on the chopping block, and I could easily guess wrong and spend $100 on the wrong mold.

I'd forgotten about the overmolds, which is probably all the more reason they should go OOP. :\

Lat64 has some really good molds. The River and the Saint are popular, as a couple of examples. But yes, they could drop some of those really high-speed drivers...

Yeah they definitely have some good fairways but for distance drivers I'm not sure what stays besides recoil and ballista pro. Missilen, raketen, knight, Cutlass, Halo, havoc, bolt, and scythe could probably all be gone. Fairways they have a bunch of really similar groups (falchion/saint pro/striker) and (explorer/spark/River pro)

LOVE the maul! My opto sits between my Elasto Hatchet (stable side of Hatchets) and my Tournament Hatchet (Flips easily).

Yeah they definitely have some good fairways but for distance drivers I'm not sure what stays besides recoil and ballista pro. Missilen, raketen, knight, Cutlass, Halo, havoc, bolt, and scythe could probably all be gone. Fairways they have a bunch of really similar groups (falchion/saint pro/striker) and (explorer/spark/River pro)

The Missilen and Rakaten(sp?) are failed experiments that have no need to continue. I thought the Havoc was fairly popular. I like the Bolt, but would understand if it was taken out. I'm concerned that they'll OOP the Falchion; it's a really great mold. And yes, the River Pro and maybe the Saint Pro could find themselves headed for the exits.

The Missilen and Rakaten(sp?) are failed experiments that have no need to continue. I thought the Havoc was fairly popular. I like the Bolt, but would understand if it was taken out. I'm concerned that they'll OOP the Falchion; it's a really great mold. And yes, the River Pro and maybe the Saint Pro could find themselves headed for the exits.

I tried a River Pro and it didn't do much for me. Similar to a Leo3 or the new Fox Spirit in many ways but that deep rim feels very odd.

St.Pro is a JohnE disc right? He might be able to save it.

I tried a River Pro and it didn't do much for me. Similar to a Leo3 or the new Fox Spirit in many ways but that deep rim feels very odd.

St.Pro is a JohnE disc right? He might be able to save it.

I don't remember, but I won't bet against you on the McCray Saint Pro.

I always thought the Leo3 was closer to the River than the River Pro. I never tried the River Pro, because what I heard about it wasn't all that good. The River itself is an awesome mold; I just wish it could've been made in something truly durable like Champion or Star plastic...

I don't remember, but I won't bet against you on the McCray Saint Pro.

I always thought the Leo3 was closer to the River than the River Pro. I never tried the River Pro, because what I heard about it wasn't all that good. The River itself is an awesome mold; I just wish it could've been made in something truly durable like Champion or Star plastic...

The newest Gold/TP feels a lot like old star. Haven't tried to thrash one yet but it feels promising.