• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

The newest Gold/TP feels a lot like old star. Haven't tried to thrash one yet but it feels promising.

Gold Line always felt better than Star and Champ for me. But it wasn't durable at all. Give me the feel/grip of Gold Line with the durability of Champion plastic, and I'd be in DG heaven. Alas, we can't ever seem to get that perfect combination in one plastic.... :( :popcorn:

If anyone wants to part ways with their Rivers, I'm willing to take em. I prefer GL and 170 or less.

The Missilen and Rakaten(sp?) are failed experiments that have no need to continue. I thought the Havoc was fairly popular. I like the Bolt, but would understand if it was taken out. I'm concerned that they'll OOP the Falchion; it's a really great mold. And yes, the River Pro and maybe the Saint Pro could find themselves headed for the exits.

I've thrown all these molds..... the Missilen is actually a really good overstable, fast driver.... that absolutely no one throws. I like the way it flies, and it will stand up to almost any headwind. It lacks glide, but penetrates and gets good distance because its so fast.

The Raketen is also a great driver that no one throws. Domier than a Missilen, and less overstable. Good glider. I was able to bomb this thing.

Bolt is too flippy for me. Still more manageable than a Freedom, but I wasn't able to have any on-course success with a Bolt. Best one I threw was frost line, which is discontinued. I wouldn't be sad to see the Bolt go.

I dislike the Havoc. That disc is way more understable than advertised. I couldn't keep it flat to save my life. I know that disc had some popularity, but I could never figure out why. Another mold I wouldn't miss.

Saint is a decent fairway driver, but it sits in a very crowded market.

River is way too touchy/flippy for me.

Falchion was a little flippy too. I wanted to like it, but it flew like a beaten in Valkyrie. Way too much turn.

What about the Knight? Fast and understable. I've never seen or thrown one. Is it any good?

I've thrown all these molds..... the Missilen is actually a really good overstable, fast driver.... that absolutely no one throws. I like the way it flies, and it will stand up to almost any headwind. It lacks glide, but penetrates and gets good distance because its so fast.

The Raketen is also a great driver that no one throws. Domier than a Missilen, and less overstable. Good glider. I was able to bomb this thing.

Bolt is too flippy for me. Still more manageable than a Freedom, but I wasn't able to have any on-course success with a Bolt. Best one I threw was frost line, which is discontinued. I wouldn't be sad to see the Bolt go.

I dislike the Havoc. That disc is way more understable than advertised. I couldn't keep it flat to save my life. I know that disc had some popularity, but I could never figure out why. Another mold I wouldn't miss.

Saint is a decent fairway driver, but it sits in a very crowded market.

River is way too touchy/flippy for me.

Falchion was a little flippy too. I wanted to like it, but it flew like a beaten in Valkyrie. Way too much turn.

What about the Knight? Fast and understable. I've never seen or thrown one. Is it any good?

IIRC, the Missilen and Raketen were early Speed 14 discs, and had the honeycombs to reduce drag. The experiment didn't seem to be very successful. I found a Missilen on the course and threw it a few times, but it was too much disc for my arm. Never tried the Rakaten.

The Bolt was a relatively US high speed disc. Decent disc, but still a candidate for OOP land. As to the havoc, yes some of its popularity was with those of us who think the Renegade is not too understable. :D

The River, when fresh, is in the category of the Leopard/Leopard3/FD/TL molds. The River has great glide and is popular with us casual ams.

The Falchion flies a LOT like Champion Sidewinders, so your assessment of it is pretty accurate vis-a-vis the Valk. I really like the Falchion, and occasionally sneak it into my bag for a round or two.

I haven't tried the Knight.

Time will tell on what gets taken OOP. The Westside Crown and DD Marshal are very similar, so one or the other may go OOP...

IIRC, the Missilen and Raketen were early Speed 14 discs, and had the honeycombs to reduce drag. The experiment didn't seem to be very successful. I found a Missilen on the course and threw it a few times, but it was too much disc for my arm. Never tried the Rakaten.

The Bolt was a relatively US high speed disc. Decent disc, but still a candidate for OOP land. As to the havoc, yes some of its popularity was with those of us who think the Renegade is not too understable. :D

The River, when fresh, is in the category of the Leopard/Leopard3/FD/TL molds. The River has great glide and is popular with us casual ams.

The Falchion flies a LOT like Champion Sidewinders, so your assessment of it is pretty accurate vis-a-vis the Valk. I really like the Falchion, and occasionally sneak it into my bag for a round or two.

I haven't tried the Knight.

Time will tell on what gets taken OOP. The Westside Crown and DD Marshal are very similar, so one or the other may go OOP...

Your last bit about similar discs between companies is the really interesting thing. It shouldn't be a factor on lat v DD, they are separate companies, but since they now co own Westside I wonder how that will factor. If crown and Marshal are interchangeable would DD vote to get rid of the crown to boost Marshal sales or keep the crown to keep Westside in general going overall?

Your last bit about similar discs between companies is the really interesting thing. It shouldn't be a factor on lat v DD, they are separate companies, but since they now co own Westside I wonder how that will factor. If crown and Marshal are interchangeable would DD vote to get rid of the crown to boost Marshal sales or keep the crown to keep Westside in general going overall?

Probably some of both, depending on which company's redundant mold is doing better. But I dunno... there seems to be a lot of things going on, especially with these new company agreements and the Chinese company coming into play and stuff like that. We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out, and I don't think these molds going OOP is the final word on the subject....

How many of these molds were made for Feldberg? Gladiator, Mace, Spark...? I bet those are strong candidates.

Absolutely. I bagged an EMac Truth for a bit. I LOVED that disc at first throw. However, over time I found it to be horribly unreliable and flippy. I couldn't throw it accurately to save my life. I was sick of having to guess with hyzer angle to keep the Truth flat. I replaced that slot in my bag with a Champion Roc3 and never looked back. The EMac was also useless in even a whisper of a headwind.

The EMac Truth was really long for a mid too. I'd throw that thing and it would end up well past where I wanted it. Its faster than most other mids.

Even the Buzzz is a better option for me than the Truth.

You're not the first person to say this, which has me scratching my head because I've always found my EMac's to be super consistent, but plenty of people have mentioned this issue....maybe it's a inconsistency between the production runs?

You're not the first person to say this, which has me scratching my head because I've always found my EMac's to be super consistent, but plenty of people have mentioned this issue....maybe it's a inconsistency between the production runs?

They have the same issue with Compass. The decodye or some older versions are the most turn resistant straight mid ranges I have thrown while opto with some dome are just meh...

I have a different experience with Emac Truth's and DD mids in general.

I started with a lucid truth that beat into a reliable mid that would hold any angle I put it on. Unfortunately, it was not the most visible color (purple) and I don't like loosing discs. So I picked up an Emac truth that quickly became my stable mid and a fuzion truth that would beat in to my more versatile all around mid. Added a lucid verdict and lucid warrant to bookend the stability range. What I wound up with was 4 discs that I can cover almost any mid shot while all 4 feel exactly identical in the hand.

Only other mid I bag (but only on occasion) is a Prime Verdict for a few ticks more stability to the Lucid Verdict.

I also bag a warship, but it is only a mid in looks and profile. That disc makes my fairway drivers cower in the corner. Wish I had a warship when I started out as a 1 disc player.

I have a different experience with Emac Truth's and DD mids in general.

I started with a lucid truth that beat into a reliable mid that would hold any angle I put it on. Unfortunately, it was not the most visible color (purple) and I don't like loosing discs. So I picked up an Emac truth that quickly became my stable mid and a fuzion truth that would beat in to my more versatile all around mid. Added a lucid verdict and lucid warrant to bookend the stability range. What I wound up with was 4 discs that I can cover almost any mid shot while all 4 feel exactly identical in the hand.

Only other mid I bag (but only on occasion) is a Prime Verdict for a few ticks more stability to the Lucid Verdict.

I also bag a warship, but it is only a mid in looks and profile. That disc makes my fairway drivers cower in the corner. Wish I had a warship when I started out as a 1 disc player.

I have almost the same setup for mids, but I have a Warrant for US, a very seasoned EMac for Control Shots, a newer Colorglow Moonshine EMac for full power throws, and a Verdict for an OS mid, because yeah, they do feel nearly identical in the hand!

IDK. I've thrown 2 Lucid Emac Truths, and both of them were fairly flippy. I like the way the disc flies, but it you get over on it even a tiny bit, the thing goes right without coming back.

I had to hyzerflip them to get them to stay flat. Not a horrible mid, but not the most consistent either.

I love Emacs. If I throw with OAT then yeah they can flip, but thrown even remotely clean I can get them out to 300' on a straight-to-fade line. I'm sure 300' is putter distance for many people, but in my book that's plenty far for a mid. And they power down well for 240'-260' too, if I'd rather throw a smooth mid at that range than a power putter shot.

Paired with an Evidence for flip-to-flat straight shots, and I've got 90% of my mid shots covered in two discs. I do bag a Verdict for when I want more fade than an Emac and a Tursas for when I want a shot to finish right, but those discs get throw once per round at the most. Emacs and Evidence are worhorses for me.

My gut feeling:

Freedom (who throws these?)
Renegade (very flippy vs. their flight numbers)
Breakout (the Maverick fills this slot)
Gavel (low sales)
Proof (low sales)
Witness (Maverick and Vandal surround this mold)
Warrant (Patrol covers this now)
Thief (Maverick covers this too)
Criminal (low sales, even tho DK and AJ toss these)
Convict (erratic disc, have had all sorts of flight paths with these; Getaways are excellent)
Marshal (EO's departure to the Guard sounded a warning bell with me; the other putters are likely selling well, especially the Judge, Warden, and Deputy - the Slammer or a Hybrid Warden or a Fuzion Judge can fill this mold)
Evidence (I can see DD going to a Verdict - EMac Truth - Truth - Patrol lineup and the Evidence just doesn't fit this matrix now; possibly low sales too)

Marshal (EO's departure to the Guard sounded a warning bell with me; the other putters are likely selling well, especially the Judge, Warden, and Deputy - the Slammer or a Hybrid Warden or a Fuzion Judge can fill this mold)

I agree with everything you posted, except the highlighted part above. I don't disagree that the Marshal may be made OOP, but I used to putt with the Judge and then the Warden, and switched to the Marshal as soon as it came out in Classic. The Judge and Warden DO NOT fill the Marshal's slot, at least not for me in any way. I will not go back to the Judge nor Warden. Fortunately I have a good stack of Marshals so I should be set for my DG career, but should a change be necessitated, it probably won't be to another DD (nor Trilogy) putter.

IDK. I've thrown 2 Lucid Emac Truths, and both of them were fairly flippy. I like the way the disc flies, but it you get over on it even a tiny bit, the thing goes right without coming back.

I had to hyzerflip them to get them to stay flat. Not a horrible mid, but not the most consistent either.

They can vary. I've thrown some that have a -0.25 type turn and handle power very firmly like a fresh stable Buzzz. Thrown one or two that had a hard 0 turn like a fresh Teebird. Also thrown some that turned more than -1 and I could definitely flip them if thrown flat and I wrongly expected some stability. They definitely range, but "good stable ones" are definitely stable.

OOP Discs per DD:

Proof
Gavel
Evidence
Patrol
Thief
Witness
Renegade
Freedom
Criminal
Suspect
Warrant