• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lawd have MERCY ...

Warm water and dish soap when you first buy them has been the magic trick. Then its all about playing time and hitting chains, it'll be chalky goodness soon enough. Loving my Mercy's.

Has anyone been using their Mercy's to drive with and hit upshots?

I'm have a great experience with this disc. The glide on it is insane, and its nice and stable off the pad. It's also nice and grabby in the grass.

I've used a Mercy for the past couple rounds as a putting putter. I'm getting really clean releases, which is always an issue with me. Right now I putt KC Aviars, I love the plastic, but the bead can hang up on my fingers.

The clean releases and extra bit of glide with the Mercy has caused some nice chain bangs--meaning that I hit chains consistently, but the disc doesn't always stay in the hole. Eze is the bounciest, springiest plastic I've ever used. I've never had so many physics defying bounce outs.

I'm going to continue to test run the disc; however, it has inspired me to give the P2 Psycho a real test. The molds seem very similar, and with the (hopeful) imminent release of the P P2, it will be in a plastic I really like and trust.

I'm still rooting for the Mercy though. I use GL and Opto Pures as my approach, drive, roll, etc., putters, so it'd fun to have a Lat 64 putter set up.

I looked at a Mercy the other day and thought of getting it to try against my Pures
similar looking but maybe beefier nose/profile

is one more US than the other?

I looked at a Mercy the other day and thought of getting it to try against my Pures
similar looking but maybe beefier nose/profile

is one more US than the other?

My Mercies are more understable than my Pure.

I just switched from Aviars to the Mercy about a month ago. My confidence in my putting and more importantly the results have been worth making the change. Just really like the feel and the accompanying release of the EZE plastic, though I am very anxious to feel and throw Soft EZE. I haven't had any problems with bounce-outs, but as it gets colder the current blend of EZE might be too stiff for my liking.

So what colors are you Mercy throwers throwing? I was really ripping these very cleanly off the tee last night (for my distances anyway :) ). I really like firmer plastic and have a pink that I feel is just about perfect. My buddy has a yellow Pure that is a little too soft for my liking. Any other colors more along the line of pink (wanting to stock up and pink is down to very few at MSt)? White? Orange? Red?

I hear that all their putters are going back to Zero plastic. Which means I'm a very happy person. Just played a game of Putter with my buddies Mercy. Felt it was a good disc, not very fast at all. Still don't think it'd replace my love of the Spike though.

so i hear that the mercy will be made in zero plastic soon

I imagined that's where they'd transition it. I just don't have any experience with Zero and figured I'd try to stock up on EZE a little before it goes on time out since I love the plastic.

GGGT has Zero Mercys for pre-order. Strawberry Edition. All red and supposedly smell like strawberries. Or I just got trolled.
Website says its a special run - not sure if they're talking about the "strawberry" or Zero line being the special part.

FWIW they have the pre-order Air Bolts as well...

I imagine they mean the strawberry. I'll admit I couldn't resist ordering a couple.

If only someone would make a waffle scented plastic to go along with my maple syrup OG Wizards and the strawberry Mercies...

I hear these are a fire hazard though. If you try to burn 2g off they just go up in flames.:D

WTF?? Why make them smell like strawberries?! I mean, yeah strawberries are delicious, but the last thing I consider when buying a disc is what it smells like... (Checks calendar to see if it's April 1st... It isn't :|)

Has anyone noticed there are some really soft EZE Mercies floating around? I ordered some backup EZE Mercies and got two very different firmnesses. My firmer TM2-styles had stickers, but the softies (light pink and white) had Mercy and the weight printed (dot matrix printer style) on the back. I'm pretty new to Lat in general (save for early Strikers and a couple Rivers). Are they moving towards the printer over the sticker?

I know EZE hasn't been very well received overall, but these feel pretty nice. Almost like a decently soft SS from Gateway but a little slicker. I'm wondering if they aren't some trial runs of Soft EZE. I haven't really putted them, but they fly the same off the tee for me. Anyone else have any of these?

Latest posts