• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

The PFN's I've had are flatter, almost to the point of actually being WIDER than the super-dome Stars and even the slightly-better dual-color stamp Stars. They seem to fly a faster with less stability right out of the box. The G*'s are nearly identical to them, so they're great if you like G*. I'm SOL on that one.

Have we seen Leopards in JL champ?

My PFN is like that compared to a champ 2x Barry I have, which is like a superdome. I do have a 166 G* I havent thrown much do to mold scale down for an in the car bag and my on the road. Ill get on that G* for some field work soon.

I went through a ton of Ebay listings and I don't see any with that crystal clear look to 'em.

Pro are still my favorite. I've done some very terrible point-blank smashes with 'em and never had warping. I can't say the same for PPDs in the same blend of Pro..

The only pro I have has gross dome

Is this a thing? I haven't heard about this until now...

I hope Leopard3 is a joke, there's no need to beef up that disc.

I saw one posted on FB for sale that came from the Worlds Fly Mart. A pic of the back of the disc was posted and it had the Innova sticker on it that clearly said Leopard3...
Beyond that, I quickly moved on and tried to block the image from my mind in hopes that I could pretend I never saw it.

I cannont understand the need for this. The Leopard is such an Iconic and unique mold, there is just no reason to screw with it. No one needs a faster Leo...That is called an EL, TL, JLS, or River.

I've got 425ish power and continue to bag a Pre-Barry Leo for my US fairway. Around Charlotte and other heavy wooded areas, its really all the speed you need after a putter on 80% of holes.

I dunno though...I guess if Innova can eek more speed and stability out of the same basic rim/wing configuration, then there is nothing wrong with diversity. For folks who arent comfortable with larger rimmed discs, it would represent a different flight with the same hand feel.

I just jump to a TB then PD for faster.

I saw one posted on FB for sale that came from the Worlds Fly Mart. A pic of the back of the disc was posted and it had the Innova sticker on it that clearly said Leopard3...
Beyond that, I quickly moved on and tried to block the image from my mind in hopes that I could pretend I never saw it.

I cannont understand the need for this. The Leopard is such an Iconic and unique mold, there is just no reason to screw with it. No one needs a faster Leo...That is called an EL, TL, JLS, or River.

I've got 425ish power and continue to bag a Pre-Barry Leo for my US fairway. Around Charlotte and other heavy wooded areas, its really all the speed you need after a putter on 80% of holes.

I dunno though...I guess if Innova can eek more speed and stability out of the same basic rim/wing configuration, then there is nothing wrong with diversity. For folks who arent comfortable with larger rimmed discs, it would represent a different flight with the same hand feel.

I just jump to a TB then PD for faster.

Agreed.

I feel like the Leopard3 would basically be a flat Pinnacle Patriot, which I love for hyzer flip and long turning shots

Patriot is noticeably faster than a Leo, even giving the "3" treatment wouldn't quite bring it to Patriot speed.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I would love to check out a Leo3...

I used to have a Glow Champ Leo that was Pre-Barry era and flat as can be. It had surprisingly great HSS and a reliable LSS. Great disc. Threw alot like a new TL but of course a tick slower. I'd love to have that disc easily accessible again.

I will definitely give this new leo 3 a shot, but I doubt it could replace the regular leo's. They are like a long mid range for me, so workable at lower power levels, and reliable turnovers at full power. But I do have a gap in understable discs from the leo to the beat valk.

The Patriot (Excel for flippy, Icon for just dead stinkin' straight) kicked out both the Leopard and TL in my bag so I would say that Innova speed 7 has a gap that could be filled with this disc.

The Patriot (Excel for flippy, Icon for just dead stinkin' straight) kicked out both the Leopard and TL in my bag so I would say that Innova speed 7 has a gap that could be filled with this disc.

Me too, I was carrying a combination of Leopard/Eagle/Teebird for years and I've replaced everything with the Patriot/PD combo. Patriot covers everything straight to flippy. Icon for straight, Pinnacle for turnover, Excel for the flippy/roller spot.

I think something a tick less stable than a TL out of the box would be a good disc for Innova. The easy solution is "beat up a TL" or "cycle DX Eagles/Teebirds" but not everyone is up for that.

Yeah, I run a Brinster Teebird, Champ Teebird, Icon Patriot, Excel Patriot fairway lineup at the moment. Covers everything I need, and I like that the Patriot is slightly faster than the Leopard.

Latest posts