• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

Funny that this thread was revived today, since I just got a 166g glo champ leo in a prize pack yesterday. I used to love my Schultz leopard until I noodle armed it across a lake at Idlewild. The inspire came out right around the same time so I gave it a chance instead of getting another leo.

Just for fun I dug this pro Leo out the the closet and played the local course with nothing but it. Putting and all. I have played the course over a hundred times. I haven't touched this disc for over a year. No putting or driving warm up. So of course I shot a -3, beating my PB. My life is a lie..

The worst part is that I'm afraid to actually bag it because I can't find any others like it. Somewhat seasoned and only 161 g, yet more HSS than any pro Leo I've thrown. Flatter and gummier too. Great disc.

I myself was surprised at the hss of the pro Leo I bought. It made me look like a dummy a couple times until I figured out that it wasn't going to be flippy out of the box. There is definitely something different about how it flies and turns though. Much different than a patriot or anything like that.

I took a Patriot to Cincinnati this weekend. Then Harkeypuck stuck a lustworthy little leopard in my bag. I didn't need or want the patriot even once. Glad I carried it around for 45 miles. I won't be carrying it anymore.

picked up a new thrower this weekend
6e2iOYC.jpg

I have a PFN star 166 Leopard that I have been using alot recently. Ive become attached and hope it wont be too hard to replace should I lose it.

I have a PFN star 166 Leopard that I have been using alot recently. Ive become attached and hope it wont be too hard to replace should I lose it.

Since it's Innova's premier beginner's driver, they still make them in that weight... even lighter. I don't think you'll have any trouble at all.

I gotta give a shout out to the prerelease gstar Leo though. I took my pre Barry out of the bag to test it when gstar first came out and haven't put the pre Barry back in yet. Still waiting for the gstar to get too understable but to my best knowledge, I don't think it's lost a tick yet. Can't say the same for some other gstar though.

Last edited:
Picked up a new multi-colored Pro Leopard 175g from Walmart last week, and love it. Nailed a tree dead center with it yesterday:doh:, and barely left a ding in it. Think I'm going to use this one often.:thmbup:

Since it's Innova's premier beginner's driver, they still make them in that weight... even lighter. I don't think you'll have any trouble at all.

I gotta give a shout out to the prerelease gstar Leo though. I took my pre Barry out of the bag to test it when gstar first came out and haven't put the pre Barry back in yet. Still waiting for the gstar to get too understable but to my best knowledge, I don't think it's lost a tick yet. Can't say the same for some other gstar though.

The PFN's I've had are flatter, almost to the point of actually being WIDER than the super-dome Stars and even the slightly-better dual-color stamp Stars. They seem to fly a faster with less stability right out of the box. The G*'s are nearly identical to them, so they're great if you like G*. I'm SOL on that one.

Have we seen Leopards in JL champ?

Not sure, I haven't felt up any Leos in a retail store since JL came out.

My gstar Leo is the non-pearly w/light specks version which seems to hold up way better than the pearlies. I'm on my 3rd gstar Pegasus (pearly) in the same time frame that I've been throwing that original Leo.

Picked up a new multi-colored Pro Leopard 175g from Walmart last week, and love it. Nailed a tree dead center with it yesterday:doh:, and barely left a ding in it. Think I'm going to use this one often.:thmbup:

Pro plastic is hit and miss when it comes to dings. Sometimes it won't leave a scratch and others it will take its lumps. A beat in disc isn't always a bad thing though..

The PFN's I've had are flatter, almost to the point of actually being WIDER than the super-dome Stars and even the slightly-better dual-color stamp Stars. They seem to fly a faster with less stability right out of the box. The G*'s are nearly identical to them, so they're great if you like G*. I'm SOL on that one.

Have we seen Leopards in JL champ?

I picked up a couple of 150g champs about a year or so ago that were pretty JLish. For Leopards they are very HSS. I think I've given both away since.

I went through a ton of Ebay listings and I don't see any with that crystal clear look to 'em.

Pro are still my favorite. I've done some very terrible point-blank smashes with 'em and never had warping. I can't say the same for PPDs in the same blend of Pro..

Yeah, those were just a random order from Disc Golf Center. They listed them as "Stock Stamp" as opposed to the 2x Barry stamp so I thought they had a random stock of 150 class pre barrys. Turned out they lied but they were nice leos none the less.

Echo Star are my favorite. The 2 I've had/have are domey and pretty stable for a Leopard. They can/could be thrown hard.