• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I have not thrown a warrior, but to be clear... I don't want a plus mold. A curved rim. The decreased drag would be awesome to see on a lid. And yes, shallow please! And flat. None of this inverted sonic business. Streets im looking at you.

Please make a Condor-esque disc and call it the Tortoise.

Edit: Pretty please.

I like Tortoise much better then Snapper. I don't even throw lids, but I pretty much sold my soul to RDG so I'll pick some up anyway.

I like Tortoise much better then Snapper. I don't even throw lids, but I pretty much sold my soul to RDG so I'll pick some up anyway.

Anythings better than snapper... Even salamander, and salamanders are slow (lid like).

But yes. RDG lid, now please. Can I pay now and you just ship them to me later? Thanks.

Snapper is apropos, I like it. I wouldn't hate a curved inner rim because I like Ions and fan grip my lids 90% of the time anyway. But seems like it would be weird having a blunt wing and a curved rim. Any polecat competition has to be blunt, no beveled edges here. :hfive:

all i know about lids
i love the zephyr, its a big bummer it wont fit into either of my grip bags

Snapper is apropos, I like it. I wouldn't hate a curved inner rim because I like Ions and fan grip my lids 90% of the time anyway. But seems like it would be weird having a blunt wing and a curved rim. Any polecat competition has to be blunt, no beveled edges here. :hfive:

The bevel would be on the inside...the Lock Jaw does it, and I believe that chunk of weight is what gives it its insane stability. It's a driving lid, no foolin'.

I think whitefedora's got a good point.

Lock Jaw vs Polecat
KarbonLockJawvsDXPolecatProfile_zpse65330ed.jpg

Dome comparison
KarbonLockJawvsDXPolecatDome_zps89727636.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, fine with me. As long as it isn't too hss I'm interested. Lids are supposed to be touch discs after all.

Don't make the outer rim slanted like the Lockjaw....just make it more vertical like the polecat. Lockjaw isn't comfy like the polecat.

Personally I never cared for it. I thought I did at first. Then I realized I was wrong.

A polecat with a slight thumbtrac like a Breaker would be very interesting. :popcorn:

Don't make the outer rim slanted like the Lockjaw....just make it more vertical like the polecat. Lockjaw isn't comfy like the polecat.

Personally I never cared for it. I thought I did at first. Then I realized I was wrong.

I find it quite comfortable for a power grip. It does feel a little odd in a fan grip but I still prefer it to the Polecat.

Different strokes, and all that.

Jaime please use Gateway for making the Snapper. Lockjaw's alright but that plastic sucks.

Okay, fine with me. As long as it isn't too hss I'm interested. Lids are supposed to be touch discs after all.

I'm going to make this one plea because I really want to see a resurgence in lidlike molds. If they make another lid that's like every other lid out there, people won't buy it because very few buy the existing molds out there.

I know that I had a ton of people asking me about the Lock Jaw before they even saw me throw it (and more after I threw it). I've never once had that from a Polecat, Rattler, or Sonic, even on the days when I threw them well. Despite its extra beef, the Lock Jaw still flies lidlike. It's slower and floaty, but it just fades more but does it reliably. I think that a unique mold like that is going to be the best bet from a financial standpoint because people will talk about it.

Ok. It is settled then.
You're going to have to make two Jamie.

Hahahaha. I appreciate it.

Having the ability to make discs is one of the most thought consuming things I've ever come across. I almost always have a disc in my hand (even while talking to customers about their insurance...) all while trying to think of mold components that I could build to alter the flights.

I already have two molds that are slated to be built that I think will go over pretty well if they mold up according to design.

Latest posts