• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
prerube has definitely helped to elevate Johnnys status on here!!! I wish i had a dgcr personality like Johnny!!!

no i don't really i don't

I used to say I was a troll killer and I attacked the trolls of DGCR, then I noticed I was a troll. That was when I started creating an army. I raised Apothecary, made Katana a well known name, Gave Bergdawg a boost. Now I am training Johnny. However, I am not the Mastermind. I am just a soldier in the army of Vegan Ray and one day we will rule the internet!

The course is not closed for league, and after calling the city I've found out that gambling at the course should not be taking place.

Thanks for any advice everyone.

That's the end of THAT course..... ;) Bummer that there is always an individual or 4 that have to ruin everything for everyone else....

I pretty much HATE the d-bags who ruined glow rounds at flip city :wall:

Fair enough! Honestly great job keeping your course in shape. Many of us who put our sweat and blood into the courses we play never will get the thanks we deserve. But i digress if you feel that there is not an image problem why are you cleaning up after it??

Glass,I'm not cleaning up an image problem, I'm cleaning up a littering problem.I get where your going w/ this,but it's not everyone, it's a select few,now if I was cleaning up after everyone or at least the majority of discers, then maybe I would agree,but this is not the case.

That's the end of THAT course..... ;) Bummer that there is always an individual or 4 that have to ruin everything for everyone else....

I pretty much HATE the d-bags who ruined glow rounds at flip city :wall:

What you mean bad behavior closed an event? BlindPilot's mind may explode!
Kelly at Flyboy is always in fear that some douchebag will get his course closed down, that is one reason it is no longer listed.

I'm very VERY sorry for the individuals who claimed Johnny Depth as a "DGCR Icon"

Not what I would have worded it as.... :D

I started playing more once I got burned out on fishing.
Am I a burnout?

I like Johnny's threads more than this one.

I used to say I was a troll killer and I attacked the trolls of DGCR, then I noticed I was a troll. That was when I started creating an army. I raised Apothecary, made Katana a well known name, Gave Bergdawg a boost. Now I am training Johnny. However, I am not the Mastermind. I am just a soldier in the army of Vegan Ray and one day we will rule the internet!
i wanna be in your army am i worthy?

I play Oakland on a daily basis, and contest that these guys really act completely classless on the course. No matter what "leadership" of the club says, nothing is going to change until these guys go away, or are forced to. I see the same group treat all casual players like trash on a day to day basis. Most of these guys are nice guys to me, I've played with most of them more than once, and I'm guilty of having a beer or two on the course, but I refuse to play league. I would never want to associate myself with the club, though I wish I could have some fun competition.

There are been several occasions when these guys have given me all kinds of ****, playing in a group of 3 experienced golfers, for continuing our regular pace of play while league groups are on their starting hole, and yell out their 5 min. warning while we are standing next to them. So they expect a group of three to sit behind them on a tee pad for 5 min. before they even intend to start, or have to get into an altercation, in a public park. I literally saw them this past week have the balls to send the Mizzou wrestling team off of the back course because they were getting ready to start league. Simply asinine. Not to say everyone in the league is bad, because there are some awesome people in Columbia, but there are more than a few that act this way.

I don't go to church. I started playing with a church group I was unaffiliated with. I am the DGCR Narcissist, so I prefer to think the Johnny Depth was not an icon until I attacked him.

That's an angle I haven't thought about before....possible, very possible.

I have, for a year posted well thought out posts only to get nowhere. Even when I give an honest review of a disc someone is there to call me an idiot. For every one good post it seems there are 10 crappy ones so I am seriously considering just being a lifetime troll with a huge post count. I got called a troll earlier today and have never done it till 20 min ago. Got me thinking. I'll at least try to make them funny. I will choose someone else to pick on for a while. Where's Brotherdave? He's had it too easy for too long!

cooter keep it real man.

who ever these oakland guys are why has no one taught them a lesson yet? safety in numbers if there is 4 of them bring 8. if 8 bring 20 etc.

the oakland situation may have to be handled by the cops just saying. Get a cop out to the course on league night in civis and maybe that will help. man i feel for you guys that have to deal with this on a regular basis. madison scene is okay for the most part. don't play leagues though so i cannot comment on those characters playing.

Last edited:
I play Oakland on a daily basis, and contest that these guys really act completely classless on the course. No matter what "leadership" of the club says, nothing is going to change until these guys go away, or are forced to. I see the same group treat all casual players like trash on a day to day basis. Most of these guys are nice guys to me, I've played with most of them more than once, and I'm guilty of having a beer or two on the course, but I refuse to play league. I would never want to associate myself with the club, though I wish I could have some fun competition.

There are been several occasions when these guys have given me all kinds of ****, playing in a group of 3 experienced golfers, for continuing our regular pace of play while league groups are on their starting hole, and yell out their 5 min. warning while we are standing next to them. So they expect a group of three to sit behind them on a tee pad for 5 min. before they even intend to start, or have to get into an altercation, in a public park. I literally saw them this past week have the balls to send the Mizzou wrestling team off of the back course because they were getting ready to start league. Simply asinine. Not to say everyone in the league is bad, because there are some awesome people in Columbia, but there are more than a few that act this way.

Well at least we know it wasn't just one unfortunate day.. remind me not to play here if I ever get out that way. Nice of you to try and bring the thread back tho. :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.