• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wareagle was from Ohio :eek: ???

I personally apologize for the entire Buckeye State!

Hey guys, I'm a middle aged, square, father of three girls, a school psychologist, with a fairly straight-laced reputation, but I'm not a prude. I believe in individual liberties within the confines of attempting to live up to the Golden Rule. Do what you want, if you can control yourself and treat others with respect.

That respect extends very strongly to being a role model whenever you're out on a DG course.

I had a great chat with a family of four about the game just a couple days ago, I think because I was showing good sportsmanship, enjoyment of the game, and they wondered how it was done/ scored, etc. I let them each throw a few, and talked about how affordable and fun this great exercise is. I suspect they'll get a starter set and try it out.

I hope they don't bump into anything that sours them on it!

Google Image Search for Verbal Tyrant:

AdamsAbigail.jpg

They're out there.

Attention image police,there is no image problem,if the image was as bad as you claim,it's obvious you wouldn't be playing.If all you heard was disc golfers are stoners you wouldn't of thrown that first disc,because you would have been afraid of soiling your precious image.

Attention image police,there is no image problem,if the image was as bad as you claim,it's obvious you wouldn't be playing.If all you heard was disc golfers are stoners you wouldn't of thrown that first disc,because you would have been afraid of soiling your precious image.

70% of DGCR disagrees with you.
I started by playing with a fellow teacher's church group, so your hypothesis is inncorrect.

never worried about my image i carry myself well. worried about the image that is associated with the sport why can't you understand that. I will play no matter what is thought of me, but i would love to not get the stink eye when i say i play a ton! Is this hard to understand??? I drink I smoke but i do neither of these in public courses. What is the point you are trying to make BP? because it is lost on me.

70% of DGCR disagrees with you.
I started by playing with a fellow teacher's church group, so your hypothesis is inncorrect.

I'm sure the church group wouldn't be throwing plastic if all they heard about the sport was the negatives. How can you argue this? What church group wants to participate in stoner games?

They found a course while they were at a wedding and thought, I want to try that.
You seem to know everything about everyone, then blame them instead of thinking people should take responsibility for their bad behavior.

I'm sure the church group wouldn't be throwing plastic if all they heard about the sport was the negatives. How can you argue this? What church group wants to participate in stoner games?

Some people, like myself, have no problem with people that smoke and drink. Some people also like to try new things, and like competition. Some of those same people don't like others to assume that we are stoners because we play. Really tough concept to grasp, isn't it?

Some people, like myself, have no problem with people that smoke and drink. Some people also like to try new things, and like competition. Some of those same people don't like others to assume that we are stoners because we play. Really tough concept to grasp, isn't it?
:clap::clap::clap: that deserved three claps!!! summed up the better points in this thread very nicely. good work!!

what? please expand on your thought here and add something.

It should hurt everytime someone says, or does stupid things. That way the offender knows what they did/said was stupid and hopefully learns from it.

It wasn't directed at you.

Why? So you could have more to cry about.

You're the only one whining. You're also the one that got this thread derailed with you're discussion on the image of the sport. We get that you're self-centered, selfish, only care about you, and don't give a **** about what people think of you. Good luck in life with that attitude. I'm sure you'll get far and garner a ton of respect for it.

I think the idea here that is getting lost in the written post is that some people are willing to stand up for something they believe in. Its unfortunate that people do not do something because they are afraid of image. So to suggest someone not play disc golf because that person thinks disc golf has a bad image is a shallow argument. Challenge that person to fix the problem, even if you don't agree there is a problem.

From what I have seen, disc golf does have a image problem. I know there are great people out there working on it. And I am glad to read that people don't think there is a problem. But let's face it, most of the time in our society the loud minority causes more problems than he silent majority fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.