• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the only one whining. You're also the one that got this thread derailed with you're discussion on the image of the sport. We get that you're self-centered, selfish, only care about you, and don't give a **** about what people think of you. Good luck in life with that attitude. I'm sure you'll get far and garner a ton of respect for it.

My self centered ass has spent many hours working on my course to improve the play for everyone involved in the sport. I spend time every round to pick up the trash that others leave behind,(sometimes 10 feet from a trash can),so the course looks respectable. I don't drink, and don't care if others do,but I don't like picking up beer cans and bottles littered on the course either,but I do it so others don't have to look at it.

Don't try to belittle me with petty insults,maybe instead of looking down on others you could be more accepting of others.

When's the last time you volunteered at your local course? do you do anything other than show up and play.

I would not call names either in the sport of debate you loose if name calling is what you stoop to.

BP so all this extra work does not grind your gears as you pick up other golfers crap? I think you are arguing the same point but you got off track and now you are trying to stick to your guns. If you do the things you claim great job!!!! But you would not have to do it if the sport had more players that had the same pride as you.

I help to clean up my home courses and like you i often clean while playing a round. But i do so out of respect to all the people that put the hard work in the first place. Just admit that you have contradicted yourself not in words but in actions. Would you have to clean up the park if people were not trashing it.

I think I'd rather deal with the OP's experience than read any more of this thread.

Most league behavior I've seen has been excellent. I have seen a couple of guys at minis get into loud arguments about money owed and sort of pull hair and clothing.

But the incident that still sticks out in my mind is at a pdga tournament with a player loudly cursing at casuals and threatening violence if they don't run off the fairway. I'm talking about screaming at kids in front of their parents, threatening to assault the kids, and cursing in the most vile manor. I couldn't believe no one called the cops. But, last I heard, he's in jail, so I guess the wheels of justice do eventually turn in the right direction.

My self centered ass has spent many hours working on my course to improve the play for everyone involved in the sport. I spend time every round to pick up the trash that others leave behind,(sometimes 10 feet from a trash can),so the course looks respectable. I don't drink, and don't care if others do,but I don't like picking up beer cans and bottles littered on the course either,but I do it so others don't have to look at it.

Don't try to belittle me with petty insults,maybe instead of looking down on others you could be more accepting of others.

When's the last time you volunteered at your local course? do you do anything other than show up and play.

That's good to know. My guess is that someone had to work their ass off to get that course installed. Whoever did it probably fielded at least one question/complaint/critisism that the coupe would attract undesirable/illegal behavior. If that happens even one time, or keeps one course from getting installed, it is too many. There shouldn't be any courses getting pulled for people acting like fools. Even one is too many. If you don't care about that, then you don't care about your fellow disc golfers that are losing their home course that they worked their ass off for. That apathy is selfish.

When was the last time I helped? Saturday w/ a charity doubles event. I also help coach beginners on the course with their technique.

How would you feel if you lost the course you help to maintain due to behavior described in the OP? It has happened before, and will inevitably happen again if people don't actively work to curb that kind of behavior.

Last edited:
I think Prerubes mini mullet is the worst offender of all for the image of disc golf.

Is this how you troll?

I would not call names either in the sport of debate you loose if name calling is what you stoop to.

BP so all this extra work does not grind your gears as you pick up other golfers crap? I think you are arguing the same point but you got off track and now you are trying to stick to your guns. If you do the things you claim great job!!!! But you would not have to do it if the sport had more players that had the same pride as you.

It absolutely bothers me,but I understand it's not every discer doing it,it's a select few. I would never turn around and call the parks dept. about it,I take care of it myself. It's not an image problem,it's a bad seed problem,they are everywhere,in every sport.

I think Prerubes mini mullet is the worst offender of all for the image of disc golf.

Is this how you troll?

Attacking personal image just means you have seen my pictures and know who I am...Who the hell are you? That is a desperate move that shows you have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation....I expect nothing less from an Ohio player
what the hell is a mini mullet that makes no sense.

It absolutely bothers me,but I understand it's not every discer doing it,it's a select few. I would never turn around and call the parks dept. about it,I take care of it myself. It's not an image problem,it's a bad seed problem,they are everywhere,in every sport.

And you think outsiders don't see those bad seeds and form opinions based on them? It may not be right, but you can't deny that it happens.

Fair enough! Honestly great job keeping your course in shape. Many of us who put our sweat and blood into the courses we play never will get the thanks we deserve. But i digress if you feel that there is not an image problem why are you cleaning up after it??

One night at league (years ago) my group was on #2 tee which is between #1 and #3's baskets. Some kid was standing on #3s basket, jumping up and down on it. I asked him to get down, him and his 3 bigger friends ignored me. I asked a little louder, they looked at me and he kept jumping on the basket. So I started walking towards them, he got off the basket and all four took off walking away real fast.

I thought I must be a very intimidating type of dude....until I turned around and saw 7 others from the league right behind me to help. ;)

There are more good than bad golfers out there, work together to keep it clean.

I know there are a ton of great golfers out there. Many of them I am lucky enough to know and call friends. The problem is that the bad apples are the ones that get noticed. When they get noticed, the unknowing observer usually will form an ill opinion of the community based on the jackassery they witness. The OP even asked if this kind of behavior was the norm. The fact that she had to ask should tell you it's a problem.

Attacking personal image just means you have seen my pictures and know who I am...Who the hell are you? That is a desperate move that shows you have nothing intelligent to add to this conversation....I expect nothing less from an Ohio player
what the hell is a mini mullet that makes no sense.

I'm in the Hell's Angels, I smoke a ton of pot, I drink a case a day, I love to beat up fellow discers when I'm trashed on the course, and I cut my mullet off in 1984.

Bustin balls Prerube, that's all. I can tell that one ruffled some feathers though!

Every day on here things seem to go downhill a little farther. I just need to troll a bit for my own personal enjoyment to keep it fresh.

I'm in the Hell's Angels, I smoke a ton of pot, I drink a case a day, I love to beat up fellow discers when I'm trashed on the course, and I cut my mullet off in 1984.

Bustin balls Prerube, that's all. I can tell that one ruffled some feathers though!

Every day on here things seem to go downhill a little farther. I just need to troll a bit for my own personal enjoyment to keep it fresh.

gotcha, been there. you got me.

diferent regions have different views.

This thread is about rude disc golfers in your state, yet you do not think disc golfers have a bad image. I think Ohio has it's own image that is worse than the recreational stoner thanks to you, TheStray, PodunkPete, Mattabe, JohhnyDepth, Hoover Larry, Wareagle, and This guy.

And who the hell are you to attack Johnny Depth? He is a DGCR icon! Not very church like Mr. Rube (shaking finger)

Sorry, still bored.

And you think outsiders don't see those bad seeds and form opinions based on them? It may not be right, but you can't deny that it happens.

Yeah, they might,but they see it w/ every sport,not just disc golf. There is quite a few people that see the bad seeds, but they don't let it bother them.They don't feel the need to try and change something they can't.

And who the hell are you to attack Johnny Depth? He is a DGCR icon! Not very church like Mr. Rube (shaking finger)

Sorry, still bored.

I don't go to church. I started playing with a church group I was unaffiliated with. I am the DGCR Narcissist, so I prefer to think the Johnny Depth was not an icon until I attacked him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.