• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to be a pretty large and busy league, at least judging by their Facebook page. Use their Facebook page or other means to contact the group leadership privately. Give them the chance to self-police before involving the parks department (which would be the next step) or the police. Maybe you caught a couple of bad groups out of a pretty good club.

Don't like weed, don't smoke it. Don't like drinking, don't drink. Don't like the league, don't play in it.

The only thing that I see wrong is that they are yelling at groups because of their league!! That's messed up.

Did you read the OP. They were not playing in league, these league players are harassing locals. Also weed and probably alcohol are prohibited at the park. When loud idiots are doing it, it does not matter if I am not smoking or I am not drinking, I will still feel the affects when the course is shut down.
They are giving their club a bad image by harassing the locals and not being able to keep their gambling to themselves.

Last edited:
As for people acting like they own the course, probably people that have been there since the course was installed, and are annoyed by all of the new disc golfers playing this sport. Yet they have no right to act like douches. They should instead inform newer players of the history of the course and spread the local knowledge to the new players. That way the newer players may ave more respect and an understanding of what disc golf means in that area.

As for smoking weed, if the govt would ever get their ass out of their heads, they would realize it's no big deal!!

Where's Cypress Hill when we need them?
last I saw they were opening for Sublime with Rome. Just because the government needs to get their heads out of their asses does not make it legal. And the course that got pulled was private, even if it was legal, and it might as well be here, does not mean that they have to allow it. They had every right to close their course because some pothead couldn't follow the rules. Unless you own the course literally, you "own" nothing. Some of these old guys need to pull their heads out of their asses and quit trying to hold on to something they are too stupid to see disappearing. You can't reverse progress, I know I'd like to sometimes, so you either got to shape it how you can or stand aside. I used to bitch about the local club, then I decided it only made me a douchebag for not trying to get involved and trying to change it, now if that doesn't work I am allowed to bitch.

It appears to be a pretty large and busy league, at least judging by their Facebook page. Use their Facebook page or other means to contact the group leadership privately. Give them the chance to self-police before involving the parks department (which would be the next step) or the police. Maybe you caught a couple of bad groups out of a pretty good club.

^ this sounds good. :thmbup:

Screaming between groups to get off the course and acting like ****tards is unacceptable. Having to look the other way and try to ignore this douchebaggery is stupid. These immature manboys should be barred from the course for an appropriate length of time.

Screaming between groups to get off the course and acting like ****tards is unacceptable. Having to look the other way and try to ignore this douchebaggery is stupid. These immature manboys should be barred from the course for an appropriate length of time.

How about as long as it takes for broken fingers to heal? I know I threatened some teenage drunk that was being an ass on the course with something along those lines. It was a while ago, but it did get his attention and it did shut him up.:thmbup:

Talk with the league director. Plain and simple. We've had a few bad eggs be asked very politely to not return to league for two weeks. Some followed that and came back after their hiatus with much better behavior. Some freaked out and were banned from the remaining league play for the year. They have the right to play disc golf at the park of course. Their actions will not be tolerated by the club and hence forth, their behavior will not reflect on those who are members of the club. The ones that were the real problem never show their faces at the courses in question anymore anyways. Most of the club members were very unhappy with their behavior and that clear to them. Good luck and keep playing, ignore the idiots. We all have to do that at some point.

^ this looks like good plan. :thmbup:

oops. :wall: computer at work glitch

Last edited:
No most of the people I have encountered during weeklies or casual local events don't act this way. There is one guy down here that goes postal for some odd reason once a year but it usually wanes off. Often times we let faster playing people play through just so we don't feel rushed. The one course we do a weekly at is a short rec course and occasionally deal with some over zealous college aged players who try and intimidate you by throwing on you before you are off the "green". Normally it wouldn't be too bad except for all of the holes in the woods are under 200 ft.

That sounds like Boomer. Did he have a throat tattoo of an open mouth? Columbia disc golfers are a different breed. There are some good people though.

That was the first thing that came to my mind, too.
Had the "pleasure" of playing with him for 2 rounds in a tournament last year.
He was generous enough to tell us all about all of the tournaments he's won, all of the aces he's had, all of his awesome drives, etc.
The worst thing was that even when he wasn't talking, which was rarely, there was still that stupid tattoo looking back at you.

But anyway, take it up with the club.
You're likely to get better results that way.
The idiots in question will probably respond better to having their league privileges suspended than they would any punishment they'd get from the police or park officials.
Plus, it wouldn't trickle down and affect the other (descent) players who, in the worst case scenario, would run the risk of losing the course if it were pulled to prevent this kind of garbage.
Good luck!

welcome to disc golf, i just learned to play around leagues. they are not really as bad or jerks once you get to know them. its only the "elite" pompous behavour you get in any community. keep on playing buddy

I just sent an email to the club officers alerting them to this thread.
Hopefully they'll be able to handle it.

That was the first thing that came to my mind, too.
Had the "pleasure" of playing with him for 2 rounds in a tournament last year.
He was generous enough to tell us all about all of the tournaments he's won, all of the aces he's had, all of his awesome drives, etc.
The worst thing was that even when he wasn't talking, which was rarely, there was still that stupid tattoo looking back at you.

But anyway, take it up with the club.
You're likely to get better results that way.
The idiots in question will probably respond better to having their league privileges suspended than they would any punishment they'd get from the police or park officials.
Plus, it wouldn't trickle down and affect the other (descent) players who, in the worst case scenario, would run the risk of losing the course if it were pulled to prevent this kind of garbage.
Good luck!

:clap::clap:

When an activity is almost "free" for everyone to be a part of; unfortunately the riff raff tends to stick their heads in it. I'm sure if you contact the league/club/park (in that order) and let them know what you saw, things should get mopped up really quick......If that doesn't work, then contact the police.
I run a doubles league and I have made it apparent on a few occasions that "smoking" and drinking during league play is a no no. I personally don't care what people do on their own time, but I'm definitely not going to let one (or a few) people ruin it for everybody else. I would also ask what exactly happened that started the yelling? I have never been to a league where the players acted like that unless they were provoked in some way. I know I wasn't there, but through my experience in the disc golf world there are a lot more good people out there than there are bad apples........and most of the bad apples (and I use this term losely) are not the guys and gals that go to leagues. They are usually the groups of 6+ wearing flip flops, young and unhumbled, and pulling a cooler behind........typically not carrying bags also. (please don't jump on me for the stereotype, but you seasoned guys know exactly what I'm talking about)

Fishy speaks the truth...I never even tor to play the Meadows before it shut down, and I was very excited to take my daughter and my friends there. I'll admit I have on occasion dropped an extremely loud f-bomb at Widefiels when I get Godzilla'd by a tree, and I have also got extremely frustrated with slow people who don't offer me to play through, but usaually cooler heads prevail.

Point being, there are a lot of people who still treat this sport like some college stoner pasttime, and it bugs the heck out of me. You would think people in leagues and tags would be more professional and respectful.

they lost the right to participate when they decided to do something illegal. Not sure why everyone has a problem seeing that. If it is illegal to drink in your park you are breaking the law by doing so, if you don't live in a MMJ state and decide to "medicate" you are breaking the law, by breaking the law you are only being a twat to those that aren't by risking their disc golf course with being pulled. We just had another one of ours closed because some ****tard decided it was his right to "smoke" on a course that has No Smoking signs everywhere. It was probably the best course in the area. Yeah I'm pissed at people that think just because they aren't directly harming someone that it's ok. The guy was just hitting his pipe, just happened to do it in front of people he didn't know or realize would email the course owners. They shut it down. I have very little sympathy for people who can't manage to make it through a round without partaking of their addiction, whether it be cigarettes, beer, MJ, or whatever. Take it elsewhere before another course gets closed because of your stupidity and sense of entitlement
:thmbdown:

also had a problem with a guy who kept on huffin N2O on the course and would ditch the cartridges 3ft from a trash can. that was raising brows and making us all look bad

got to love smokers, always defending their addiction. :) What's the best way to justify your bad habit? Demonize someone elses! Hell it also works in politics.

Now that I have set the stage.... landfill in...?

also had a problem with a guy who kept on huffin N2O on the course and would ditch the cartridges 3ft from a trash can. that was raising brows and making us all look bad
holy crap!

Fishy speaks the truth...I never even tor to play the Meadows before it shut down, and I was very excited to take my daughter and my friends there. I'll admit I have on occasion dropped an extremely loud f-bomb at Widefiels when I get Godzilla'd by a tree, and I have also got extremely frustrated with slow people who don't offer me to play through, but usaually cooler heads prevail.

Point being, there are a lot of people who still treat this sport like some college stoner pasttime, and it bugs the heck out of me. You would think people in leagues and tags would be more professional and respectful.

It was Sakuna Pines that got shut down for smoking.. there's the story somewhere why MM is down for now

Last edited:
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their guidance; I sincerely would not have posted or asked about this if it didn't seem really out of place out at Albert-Oakland park (we've met many many good people during our time playing).

To the poster contacting club leaders, Thank you, I hope the park and club benefit from knowing how these guys were representing their fellow disc golfers.

To MOchains, we asked another group playing if they knew the group of guys and were told that the player screaming obscenities at the groups in front of them was named "Fred" - we asked for a last name and the guys got kinda nervous so we didn't push it. He was a bigger older guy playing with another bigger older guy (40's?); balding, arm tattoos, etc. - seemed to be looking for a fight (and carrying a huge cooler) Didn't see a neck tat though.

That sounds like Boomer. Did he have a throat tattoo of an open mouth? Columbia disc golfers are a different breed. There are some good people though.

Last edited:
Boomer's a smaller guy, maybe about 5'8", 160.
It wasn't him this time, but it probably will be another time.
He actually missed a state championship tournament last year because he had to serve a jail sentence, if that tells you anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.