• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Longer Zone?

XXX....search no more

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Get a flat gold line and beat it in just a bit. My opto is much more fade straight out of the hand like you said you didn't like. Gold line is what you want.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My bad. I have a flat flx that is pure beef. I thought I read on here that others had similar experiences.

Don't apologize. There are so many things that can affect disc stability (dome, plh, color, batch, etc) that it seems there is no definitive answer to how a disc flies. Ballpark expectations, sure. I had a flx that was so flippy I lost it because it went the other way. Hence the YMMV. It's all good.

Really appreciate all the feedback and spit balling. This forum is tight.

Hopefully it was obvious from the beginning that I'm not pining for some sort of miracle disc. I'm getting by just fine with my current setup, but its always cool to find a disc that helps up your game if there's one out there.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are looking for a trident... in the 7ish speed range reliably overstable. (they are still available even though they are OOP)

That's good to know. A beadless Gator was the predecessor to my Zone and I knew about the Mortar, but had always heard they were domey. Where have you bought flat ones?
I was told all the Jared Roan signature Mortars are flat. The first runs don't have any signature on them. I called the number listed on the Hyzer Bomb website. The guy I talked to said told me the colors they had in stock at the time for Recon plastic (clear, red & yellow). I ordered right off there website. In the comments I asked for a max weight yellow Mortar. I got just what I asked for.

Have you tried the Verdict in prime plastic? Those are totally flat, a bit lower in profile than other Verdicts and, to my experience, a little more stable. I was looking for a midrange for a similar longer zone kinda role and the prime Verdicts were the answer for me. The only downside is they obviously wear down more quickly, but will always maintain that dumply fade. Perfect for non-rocky courses, pretty much entirely different from the regular premium plastic Verdicts.

Other than that I'd have to say Buzzz OS or Resistor in the 160-165 g range as some suggested. Even if it feels strange in the hand at first, it's a killer FH driver thanks to its extremely low profile.

I thought HSS was turn, which is zero but it actually means fade I guess,

Ha, oops.... I meant a "LSS" of 1. My Thief finished pretty straight and had a decent amount of turn as well.

I probably had an oddball, because most of my Dynamic plastic has been fairly consistent.

For anyone who's interested, the DGA ProLine Quake has turned out to be EXACTLY the disc I was looking for. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes the Zone for flicks.

i was just going to suggest the quake or buzzz os ,the quake seems to be a slightly beefier buzzz os

I picked up some flag dyed glo Z Buzzz OS and they are way more OS than the original release glo buzzzOS.

Definitely a sweet find :thmbup:

I am surprised how well the buzzz os has worked its way into my bag. Flat top, fair speed and workable on a flex. I don't really like a bead or a dome on a very overstable disc because I feel like its just more to catch the wind if it gets underneath it.
My very OS mid progression starting whenever the flx drone came out (2010?), being the first regular run premium plastic Drone, went like this: FLX Drone, ESP Zone, (NONE), Harp, (NONE when I added the berg and it did most harp shots), Mortar (never liked it much, but it tecnically fit better than a slower mid), now Buzzz OS. The harp or zone are the best, but buzzz OS fits great and fills the gap between the berg and the pred better. I don't need more overstable (or I would try a Justice or Quake), especially at 5000'+ elevation.

I snagged 2 of these, way beefier than other os's I've thrown. I'd liken them to a regular firebird compared to a faf, just different animals compared to their brothers.

I picked up some flag dyed glo Z Buzzz OS and they are way more OS than the original release glo buzzzOS.

Definitely a sweet find :thmbup: