• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Looking to try out Gateway Discs.Suggestions?

For me being a push putter, I like harder putters. If you are only putting with them, then they should both break in at about the same rate. I had a medium Wizard for 2 years that was stiff as any CE disc but tacky to the grip. Was money till I left it in the sun for 5 days on a cement porch. Never went back to being the same shape ever again.

For me being a push putter, I like harder putters. If you are only putting with them, then they should both break in at about the same rate. I had a medium Wizard for 2 years that was stiff as any CE disc but tacky to the grip. Was money till I left it in the sun for 5 days on a cement porch. Never went back to being the same shape ever again.

I did that with some drivers once.They started to turn over after that.

Thanks for the info.I always like to have a 2nd opinion.

SuperSoft is the best all around blend in my opinion. Firm, but not too firm. Soft, but not too soft.

Thanks guys for the additional replies.

I was going to go this week to the Local Shop,but I'm going to see if I can get some more replies and do some more research before I go on Monday.

More suggetions are welcome on anything, whether it be on the Drivers,Mids or Putters.Let me know what you think is best.Thanks again.:thmbup:

Thanks guys for the additional replies.

I was going to go this week to the Local Shop,but I'm going to see if I can get some more replies and do some more research before I go on Monday.

More suggetions are welcome on anything, whether it be on the Drivers,Mids or Putters.Let me know what you think is best.Thanks again.:thmbup:

wizard and Magic combo seems to be pretty good. I liked the voodoo a while back, if you get a SSS one that is beat in super nice, it will turn over real nice. Still before going to a Local shop, I would e-mail them: [email protected] or [email protected] and you will defiantly get a lot better of a deal. You can pick out color and weight(depending on nonavailability) Sometimes they thrown in Minis, stickers and towels too.

wizard and Magic combo seems to be pretty good. I liked the voodoo a while back, if you get a SSS one that is beat in super nice, it will turn over real nice. Still before going to a Local shop, I would e-mail them: [email protected] or [email protected] and you will defiantly get a lot better of a deal. You can pick out color and weight(depending on nonavailability) Sometimes they thrown in Minis, stickers and towels too.

Sweet,thanks man.

The last time I ordered from them was back in 2004.The only thing I ordered was a Evolution Pro Line Wizard.What I got extra was 1 Hard Wizard,a Mini,and a Sticker.It was pretty nice of them to do that.

SuperSoft is the best all around blend in my opinion. Firm, but not too firm. Soft, but not too soft.

I keep a Supersoft Wizard in my bag for Drives.If it throw it flat the Disc will slowly hyzer out.If I throw it with Hyzer it will hold that hyzer the whole way.Looks pretty cool when I do it correctly.

I'm glad I put those Wizards back in my bag. :D

Chaulky is my favorite blend for putting, firm but grippy. Samurai in E plastic is not flippy.

I've heard of those Chaulky Wizards.Is it true that the only color made in them is Orange?Or does it say Chaulky on the back?

Samurai in E plastic not flippy...check.Thanks man.I've writing down all this info so when I get to the Local Shop Monday I'll have a list of stuff to go by. :thmbup:

I keep a Supersoft Wizard in my bag for Drives.If it throw it flat the Disc will slowly hyzer out.If I throw it with Hyzer it will hold that hyzer the whole way.Looks pretty cool when I do it correctly.

I'm glad I put those Wizards back in my bag. :D

I've heard of those Chaulky Wizards.Is it true that the only color made in them is Orange?Or does it say Chaulky on the back?

Samurai in E plastic not flippy...check.Thanks man.I've writing down all this info so when I get to the Local Shop Monday I'll have a list of stuff to go by. :thmbup:

I've seen the word "chalky" thrown around a little loosely on some online retailers' websites, but the orange ones do indeed have chalky written on them. Get one, they're awesome.

The Gateway Discs they had were ones That I didn't need and were in the 150 range I like mine between 160 and 170 for drivers.They had the over stable Speed Demon.A 176 gram Apache which I wanted but felt it was too heavy so I didn't get it.They Had the Element,But I've already gotten a Discraft X Buzzz and a Discraft X Comet so I felt I didn't need the Element anymore.

I did However get a 176gram Warrior and I really like this disc.I feel with my arm strength this will be my utility midrange.This thing will always finish left.

Thanks again for your guys suggestions kind of wished the shop would have had more to choose from so It looks as though I'll just be putting some Discraft and Innova Discs back in my bag.

try the 10 for 70.00 straight from Gatway!

I thought about that,but my recent bag changes I believe are now final.

I really wanted to try the Gateway Drivers,but I feel that I have the right Innova and Discraft set-up I need.

The Warrior is killer though as a Mid-Range.It's great for Get out of crap shots,forehand upshots and fast and straight Tomahawks.Glad I bought it.

I also got me another Magic and another Wizard.Was hoping they had a Warlock,but they were out.

@Everyone
Thanks again for the suggestions.

The demon is one of the best overstable mids. I like it better than a gator or a drone. It is a true get out of trouble disc, try one.