• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

So do you think this will add or decrease value to the old pearly champ sharks?

Dang Innova, they must be working the presses overtime over there. I kinda, but not really, understood the king cobra and super stingray. More stable, better plastic versions of existing molds. Is it just me, or am I not getting the point of these "3" versions.

I don't see a gap in the Innova mid lineup that these will fill, or that needed to be filled, really. Most players, including myself, will not see any difference in a 5, 4, -1, 1 and a 5, 4, -1.5, 1.5 disc or whatever the slight tweak is that makes these a tad different from their already established counterpart.

Instead of tweaking molds a tiny bit and coming up with a new name, Innova Y U NO just mold up the tried and true discs people like in the new glass champ and spend a little more on quality control instead of tooling for new molds? I'm just sayin'.

there is a gap there, a small one but it exists. the mako is 4500 and the 3 models are faster so i'm guessing the mako3 will be 5500. there is no current 5500 innova disc and their chart has a blank spot above the mako.

the shark3 i don't know about, my guess is it might be Cro stability but should have more glide than a Cro because it's a larger disc while the Cro is smaller.

there is a gap there, a small one but it exists. the mako is 4500 and the 3 models are faster so i'm guessing the mako3 will be 5500. there is no current 5500 innova disc and their chart has a blank spot above the mako.

the shark3 i don't know about, my guess is it might be Cro stability but should have more glide than a Cro because it's a larger disc while the Cro is smaller.

A champion plastic disc with 5/5/0/0?? Sign me up!

So a Roc?

welcome to dgcr. where every driver is a tbird and 30 discs go straight but none go straighter than a buzzz.

Nothing's straighter than a Buzzz? We're disc hipsters here. We prefer the Core now because it's Latitude, or else whatever disc MVP makes for that slot... And you forgot distance. Everyone here can park a Wizard on any hole that's 450' or less.

Nothing's straighter than a Buzzz? We're disc hipsters here. We prefer the Core now because it's Latitude, or else whatever disc MVP makes for that slot... And you forgot distance. Everyone here can park a Wizard on any hole that's 450' or less.
:clap:

despite what innova tells you a cro is more stable than a roc, and the shark3 has already been reported to being more overstable than a roc

Soooo, a shark that's more overstable than a roc to pair with a shark that's more understable than a roc. It still seems like Innova is trying to answer the question that nobody asked.

People who like sharks the way they are, and people who like makos the way they are would probably like to see them in the new champ blend. No need for all this 3 top nonsense, IMO. If they make a flat top champ shark, just call it a flat top champ shark. Done deal

They already have the three to compete...Stingray, Cobra and ROC. All three are great and cover an array of shots. Though, it seems not many give the Stingrays or Cobras much love anymore.

There are some of us (me) that have all three in the bag....Wouldn't take any of them out for any other disc made now or in the future.

Not sure what to think about the Mako3. The original was plenty fast but not very stable. Mine flew more like -3, 0.5. really touchy. They could make it more stable. but why? what about the Lycan? what about the old Coyote? The disc "speed" is just a made up number.

The Shark3 also sounds weird. Old Champ Sharks flew like slightly broken in Rocs and stayed that way. so why nut just mold more Champ Sharks. I think the Buzzz really did jump in Dunipace's craw. I do hope they have the good sense to discontinue some molds. Then people will have new things to complain about.

Not sure what to think about the Mako3. The original was plenty fast but not very stable. Mine flew more like -3, 0.5. really touchy. They could make it more stable. but why? what about the Lycan? what about the old Coyote? The disc "speed" is just a made up number.

The Shark3 also sounds weird. Old Champ Sharks flew like slightly broken in Rocs and stayed that way. so why nut just mold more Champ Sharks. I think the Buzzz really did jump in Dunipace's craw. I do hope they have the good sense to discontinue some molds. Then people will have new things to complain about.

The Mako as -3? I am not normally one to cry form flaw, but it goes pretty straight with a clean throw. Maybe you had a freak, though, as there seems to be a bit of variability in the mold.

As for a flatter Mako, sign me up. I recently acquired a pretty flat proto star mako, and it is tasty glidey. Hoping for more of the same in nice Champ plastic from this new iteration.

yeah I'm thinking freako disc. I sold it to PIAS a while back. That same session I was throwing Pures and Cores nails straight. Made the same throwing motion with the Mako and flip city!!

I am curious about these new "3" molds. But I can wait until a production run.

so a hobby of mine is etching and for a while i got a lot of requests for disc stamps. here's an example.

user12393_pic19827_1328153985.jpg

well after doing some of those i decided i wanted to do one for my wall but wanted to do a disc that didn't have a stamp. so i chose the mako and came up with this quick sketch. i wanted to do a mako jumping out of the water to catch a disc next to a basket on a buoy.

IMG_20130122_134747_698.jpg

well i got caught up in some other projects and never moved forward with actually putting it on to glass until last night i couldnt sleep and i started.

IMG_20130122_134701_886.jpg

this is what i have so far and note that i'll have to go back in and shade in the lines but that's the outline. my question is should i try to put the basket/water and all that jazz in or just write mako all cool down under it? i can't really decide.

then i also thought hey maybe we should get everybody to come up with some ideas of their own and pick one and try to get innova to print the mako3's with a stamp.

so a hobby of mine is etching ....

Wanna come up and see my etchings? LOL.

Cool work! I say go with the basket, because often basket graphics aren't done well, and your composition uses the element nicely, as seen in your sketch. Will you draw the name "Mako 3" or "Mako III" ?

yeah I'm thinking freako disc. I sold it to PIAS a while back. That same session I was throwing Pures and Cores nails straight. Made the same throwing motion with the Mako and flip city!!

I am curious about these new "3" molds. But I can wait until a production run.

All the first run Makos I threw were one trick ponies, dead straight. I think they are just replacing all the mold cores with a semi plus core "3" mold so they can produce discs more quickly.

As a Mako fan, I'm looking forward to the Mako3. I think it will be the same for Mako fans as the ROC3 was for ROC fans.

Latest posts