• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

Innova = baskin robbins, let's see how many new molds we can make and name them accordingly to the same mold's that innova diehards love already to make them buy more plastic!

You've racked up 12 posts in 36 hours, with 90% of them being negative. Take a break from the internet for a while, or learn not to be such an annoying pessimist so we don't have to deal with it.

I have been testing it for a while and I have 2 in the bag, a purple and a dayglo yellow. Both are awesome! Dayglo is maybe a tad more stable, but it could just be 90% mental, 20% decisions. But they can both cruise long and straight. The Yellow can take a little more torque, from what I have witnessed, but it's winter and I'm pretty much only playing tournament rounds right now. The purple one is amazing on long low straight shots. Gotten me out of some tricky situations. Both max weight.

I think I'll be picking one of these up. I like the feel of my buddy's star Mako. Much better than the big ol' bead on a Comet, or the sharp edge of this Super Stingray I got.

I think I'll be picking one of these up. I like the feel of my buddy's star Mako. Much better than the big ol' bead on a Comet, or the sharp edge of this Super Stingray I got.

sounds like you are in mental conflict with yourself and you are trying to convince yourself why you need one.:p

the pic was gorgeous

sounds like you are in mental conflict with yourself and you are trying to convince yourself why you need one.:p

You might be right, I should save my $$$ and stick with an Opto Pure in this slot and pick up a D or X Buzzz next time I cash in a tourney. My wallet thanks you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48
So a Roc?
despite what innova tells you a cro is more stable than a roc, and the shark3 has already been reported to being more overstable than a roc

Keep in mind that Rocs vary in stability. A DX Roc is going to be straight or understable, a KC pro Roc will be straight or very close, an a star Roc will be fairly overstable. The Roc3 is supposed to be straighter than most other Rocs but it won't wear in much and so will stay slightly overstable.

The "3" came about because Innova created several discs in "Plus" molds. Naturally Innova can't call the new molds "2"s, that would make people confuse plus and 2. Three was the most convenient alternative.
(not confirmed just very logical)

The Mako3, Shark3 and Roc3 all fly like a King Cobra. o_O

not even close in my testing (threw roc 3 and king cobra together for quite a while, only tested Mako 3 a few times)

Roc 3 - straight with overstable finish the last 15%
Mako 3 - Straight with straight finish. flew 100% straight for me, no turn, no fade.
King Cobra - hi power=controlled turn (staying flat) until it lands: Low power= straight with slight OS fade at end.

i haven't thrown a shark 3.

Remember when they were released and they were called 'RC3'? Pretty sure that was for "Rancho Cucamonga"(sp?) only started beig called 'roc3' because people assumed thats what RC meant. At least, from what i understand, this is how it went.