• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

I like this Barbasol Thread.

You guys do original work in funky mediums.

between the dye fairy lady and this shaving cream thread....

shaving cream lol. thats so funny ( the manly smell)...hehe. Nice work.

Thanks Dan. Worked perfectly.
2435a50.jpg

2r39ky9.jpg

Luv 'em bothEky8, the colors on the top one are amazing!

2011-07-25105301.jpg

Needed a quick background so I when with the shaving cream method. I think it works.

First shaving cream attempt. It's a meteor, so I thought I'd try to achieve some sort of crazy magma looking effect and kind of got there. For the red I mixed in acetone, powdered red and barbasol on a barbasol base. swirled that ish in and sprinkled some powdered black in for some "cool spots" It sat for about 12 hours.

I will be trying again.

FYI I3ooI300, that Boba fett background looks amazing how did you get that depth with the darker bit? Did you fold some less dyed shaving cream over some more saturated stuff?? Rad as hell.

Attachments

• 2011-07-25_20-52-32_278.jpg
    2011-07-25_20-52-32_278.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 277
I love that kid-at-Christmas feeling you have to survive as the plastic bathes in the oils and perfumes of Barbasol that made your grandpa's beard smell the way it did(or everyone at ESPN apparently) and to finally remove it, wash it, clean it, and reveal it.
Smooth Troopa on a bottom-stamped Star Destroyer:
5972576792_ba94f1b583_z.jpg

Great job on these dye jobs, guys! I've went through the entire thread and seen some impressive stuff. Now I'm gonna give it go, probably tomorrow.
Making sure I read everything correctly; get a base of 3 parts shaving cream and one part water, then mix your dye with a bit of shaving cream for viscosity, lay on the dye and place the disc and let it sit for 12+ hours. Are you all using cooked powdered rit or the liquid rit from the bottle?

Ahh, that's right. I've been driving around to smaller stores buying the old formula powder. I'll try to post a picture by Sunday. I've got an old yellow star xcal that seems suitable.

Nicely done, that's a pretty rad stencil.

On a side note, am I the only one who has switched to using barbasol for shaving because of this? I ran out of other brand stuff one day, needed to shave, had it laying around so I used it, and it was awesome. Recommend trying it out.

Edge pro gel works well, and doesn't seem to dissolve as rapidly, if you work it into a lather on the plate. I have used barbasol both for shaving and dye and it works decently. I love having my disc bag smell like a fresh shave rather than acetone and vinyl.

Nicedguy I'm liking your first attempts and am looking forward to seeing more :popcorn:

Hehe Burnt, yea just last week, I'm a fresh convert to the greatness that is Barbasol :D!

Got one in the plate yesterday, following all the advice on this thread. I'll post pics tomorrow if it turns out worthy...

Turned out fairly well, I think (and considering it was an experiment), but really builds my confidence for for "ambitious" projects.

I altered the dye mix by adding powdered dye to the shave cream/dye mixture, stirred really well, let sit for a couple minutes, stirred some more, repeat, etc.

Attachments

• shavecream Ion.jpg
    shavecream Ion.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 317
That looks sawwweeeeet LDon! I'm going to be doing me one soon I believe. Just deciding on the right disc.

Latest posts