• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

This was an all pink Meteor, my goal was to make it look like something that feel outta space using the marbling techniques and 4 different colors. I like it, got around the edges too!!!!:hfive:

IMG_20110824_212500.jpg

Wish I had my other camera, the colors are way better than they look here. My wife ran off with it tonight!!!

1st attempt semi-success.

This is my Yellow Soft Ion I did with Purple dye. I think it came out okay. - thinkin about putting it up for trade...

Attachments

• 100_3290.jpg
    100_3290.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 300
I'd consider hanging on to that sweet soft Ion, at this moment the opaques are oop. If it stays that way they will become collectables (imho).

I don't, the cream starts breaking down after a while so I try to just mix what I'm gonna need or as little as possible.

iDye poly works fine here as well. This one sat in a red/blue mix for about 3 hrs @~80degrees, sitting on top of a warm oven. (Answering Maansmit's question)

TWsDSC_9296.jpg

Everyone(almost) has tried this technique, but there's still only one master of it....I can see a sc swirl and KNOW it's Dan's. Im glad you've shared this with us, and im glad you're still the best at it!
Lastly, why does a new Droid not autocorrect "im" into "I'm" ???grrrrrrrrrr

iDye poly works fine here as well. This one sat in a red/blue mix for about 3 hrs @~80degrees, sitting on top of a warm oven. (Answering Maansmit's question)

1) That is just sick. Stop it!

2) Can't wait to get my ordered iDye Polys.

3) I didn't mean that. Please continue!

Thanks for the info Dan. I agree with Bennett. You can always tell one of Dan's marbled discs from everyone elses.

Dan-how long do you usually let it sit when using Rit dye?

Everyone(almost) has tried this technique, but there's still only one master of it....I can see a sc swirl and KNOW it's Dan's.

No doubt about it.

Are you (Dan) doing the typical circles with the rit-added shaving cream, then spreading it radially? Or are you using a different technique for that pattern? Your stuff looks less like tie dye that most of the others that I see.

Guess I should post this one in here as well:

Bomb_dye_07_01.jpg

Picture is a bit shoddy as I had to take one quickly after it was handed out as a prize.

Process was more or less as described by Dan. The color-sc mix was with liquid Rit dye - and it got a little more lumpy than "instructed" (and I made way too much). Left it overnight and was well satisfied with the result. Seems the lumpyness gave the colored parts a sort of grainy look - and left them much more defined than planned.

When I say lumpy, I can best describe it as flowing like lava from the small bowl I dispensed it from. :)

No doubt about it.

Are you (Dan) doing the typical circles with the rit-added shaving cream, then spreading it radially? Or are you using a different technique for that pattern? Your stuff looks less like tie dye that most of the others that I see.

That's pretty much it for the random swirl. You can get a real nice look going with a strictly horizontal swirl as well. The blended look on this last one is a little different and I promise I'll show what I'm doing after the octhrowberfest.

my purple rhyno didn't take the dye very well. It sat in it the dye about 8 hours.

88102a1c.jpg

if anyone has any insight into what kind of plastic this is, that'd be really helpful.