• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marbling agents

My first attempt trial run. Seeing how it worked, I did a shotty job and it turned out alright. Next one i'll make it a little cleaner.

Attachments

• dye1.jpg
    dye1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 271
My first attempt trial run. Seeing how it worked, I did a shotty job and it turned out alright. Next one i'll make it a little cleaner.

I don't think it looks bad at all. I like how you left the stamp on it :thmbup:

THANK YOU DAN

To the artist, innovator, and educator Mr. Dan Howard….Thank you for taking the time to share what you do with the rest of us!

To everyone else, GO RAVENS!

The expansion that occurred from overnight caused this insane gradient effect that looks a lot like trailing lines behind some of the darker spots of the dye.

Attachments

• ravens disc2.jpg
    ravens disc2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 270
Cooker, did you mix your dye with shaving cream or something else? I tried the other night and couldn't get my dye thick enough. Even after mixing with shaving cream.

For the dye I use a shot glass with half ounce lines.
I used 1 shot black dye ( h20 powder mix) to 2 shots
cream. For gold I used half shot dye, half shot h2o to
2 shots cream.
For the base, I used a liter pitcher. 1/3 h2o, then 2/3
Cream.

The cream dosent fill the items well, so I fill them extra.
I also add more cream after mixing for a bit.

For the dye I use a shot glass with half ounce lines.
I used 1 shot black dye ( h20 powder mix) to 2 shots
cream. For gold I used half shot dye, half shot h2o to
2 shots cream.
For the base, I used a liter pitcher. 1/3 h2o, then 2/3
Cream.

The cream dosent fill the items well, so I fill them extra.
I also add more cream after mixing for a bit.

Ahh, I see. My first attempt was taking those 3 ounce travel bottles and mixing the dye and sc 50/50. It was really watery and the disc was really blehh. I've got one dyeing now, but this time I used the same dye mix I spin dye with. In this case purple dye and clear hand-soap in a 3 ounce travel bottle. It's a good viscosity, so I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow. Whenever I tried mixing purple with sc it just became watered down and really light colored.

I used Edge Shaving gel for my base and dye mix (don't add water to base using gel), only a small amount of water is needed to activate liquid RIT while using gel (at least that is what I experienced. It was difficult getting the dye mix figured out because I didn't have any small applicators to use... I ended up doing my dye mix in a 20 oz bottle. I tried a single color just to see if I could get something to take.

picture.php

I like the way it turned out and I am glad I decided not to cover the yin yang. This was a Lat 64 Gold Line Striker. Can't wait to try more!

attachment.php

Nicely done Cooker, this is why I put it out there, I love seeing what people do with it! My next disc is gonna be a KC Chiefs disc, and its gonna kick off a new thread, your favorite team disc, in case anyone needs some inspiration.

picture.php

The bubbles created using the gel is cool Todd, adds texture and that ain't easy to do on a disc! 'Specially on such a pretty disc to start with, love the GL!

My applicator for the dye onto the base layer was really crappy but I managed to get what I was looking for. I sort of envisioned the black trying to take over the orange disc. It looks awesome in the air!

Star Katana - Weak Mix of Scarlet didn't take, but the Royal Blue looks great
picture.php

Star Teerex - Suits disc using Black and Wine .... I had some scrap vinyl that I wanted to do something with and I like how it turned out
picture.php

Here is my first attempt at the shaving cream method. It is a Z Crush.

I filled a plate with Barbasol shaving cream, no water added.
Mixed up a couple little plastic cups of about 1/3 RIT liquid dye and 2/3 shaving cream.
Put the dye on the shaving cream plate and swirled it around
Let sit for 14 hours.

mujxq.jpg

Mixed up a couple little plastic cups of about 1/3 RIT liquid dye and 2/3 shaving cream.
Let sit for 14 hours.

mujxq.jpg

That's a great first! How come my first (and only) looked like crap? :(

mujxq.jpg

Very nice :thmbup:

IMG_20110822_210316.jpg

This is my first, shaving cream in a pie plate, powdered dye already mixed with water + a smidgen of acetone. 8 hours and got this. I'm guessing if I was patient enough to let it sit a few more hours the colors would have been a little more vibrant

Let sit for 14 hours.

mujxq.jpg

Impressive. I think that's the best coloring I've ever seen on z plastic.

Agreed, great 1st post snogle :thmbup:. If you don't mind me asking, is it warm in your house? Seems I'm having better luck during the summer, and I wonder of it's just the 20 to 30 degree change in room temp? Gotta go back and try another Z disc, Nice job!

Latest posts