• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marm O. discs

shamroc-photo-small.jpg

Disc Golf United asked me to design a stamp for this year's St. Patrick's Day release. Since I love typography, I decided to try to make a wordmark so cool that it needed no other graphics. Despite liking the wordmark, I eventually thought the knotwork pattern helped strengthen the piece. I love the look of the knotwork but it sure is a pain to draw!!!

The disc choices are Star Roc3s or Champ RocX3s. Get 'em while they last!

They make XT Rocs (and have made Rhynos in very limited quantities). And I dig the new stamp. Looks like it's a dropout nightmare unfortunately. :(

Last edited:
And I dig the new stamp. Looks like it's a dropout nightmare unfortunately. :(
The ShamRoc stamp? I purposefully distressed the background so that dropouts would go unnoticed. The center of the stamp is very clean with no dropouts. DGU did a fantastic job stamping these!

I was campaigning for leaving the perimeter knotwork as a ghost stamp and only foiling the center wordmark. Obviously, I didn't win that battle ;)

Since I don't throw Roc3s or RocX3s, DGU put this stamp onto some other tasty plastic for me: Color Glow KC Pro Rocs, silver Shimmer Star Rocs, two max weight Champ Ontario Rocs and two max weight Champ San Marino Rocs. Really looking forward to getting some air under those!

Oh! I looked at the knotwork and instantly thought dropout! Hahaha!

Champ Ontario you say...so jealous. The Star I threw for a while was like a #3 Rancho out of the box. I wonder if the Champ will fly the same.

Great designs, if I was a Roc or Rat thrower I'd be in!! Fantastic!!
Thanks! I didn't know I liked Rats until I threw these; I think they are Innova's answer to the Zone/Harp type discs.

Damn, MSet... I haven't checked the thread in a while. Love your work man. Are those Undead series available online?
Thanks man! I had a ton of fun drawing these and I can't wait to bring my other ideas to life. It seems like all my favorites are Innova's most terrible sellers so we'll see how eager they are to stamp them hahaha. For ordering these, see the link below...

Are those for sale? If so, what's your price for the roc?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DGU is selling these in their online store HERE. Thanks for the interest! I can't wait to add more to the series :)

I think converting some stock stamps to something more punchy, like you King Cobra design, would be a shot in the arm for some largely forgotten but excellent molds. Newbies would be far more likely to pick up a shark with an awesome stamp.

Friend of mine has built a largely Westside bag thanks to the stamps, also because I put a Tursas in his hand from the start.

DGU sold my latest stamp at the USDGC pro shop a couple days ago. I think they might possibly add them to the DGU site to sell more? I'm not 100% sure about that. These Millennium Dracos are all Lunar plastic and look suuuuppppeerr similar to a Firebird. I have heard people comparing it to a 2016 Sexton Firebird but I don't have first hand experience with that.

draco-normal.jpg

draco-both.jpg

draco-glowing.jpg

Cool. I was shown this stamp a bit a go by a friend of mine and my first thought was: Is this a Marm O. disc?

Cool. I was shown this stamp a bit a go by a friend of mine and my first thought was: Is this a Marm O. disc?

haaaaaaaaaaaa...
yeah, it has all the Marm O. DNA in the linework. It's funny how easily you can tell certain peoples' style. Honestly, I didn't think mine was all that unique though.

I have another one coming out from DGU that I'm super excited about. Hopefully soon :)