• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Massive thread containing every possible 3-disc combination for your review

I have too many varying holes in all the courses near me. I responded earlier in this thread but I am not going to look it up. So, if I had to go with three that could tackle any course, it would be:

Neutron Ion
Champion TeeBird
Pro Valkyrie

Earlier this autumn I went on a bike trip abroad and wanted to have 3 discs with me since me and my friend wanted to try some courses on our way. These are what I had:

Medium Wizard
HPP Element
Star Katana

it was quite a good set but I did lose my beloved Wizard to a pond on the first course we tried! On the next course I humbly asked two guys who had just finished their round if they had a spare putter to sell and the other guy gave me Pro Rhyno, the other guy was Simon Lizotte, European champ of this year :) The Rhyno felt great but it got stolen(!) while tossing it on the street with my mate.

I'm heading on a trip again soon and will be playing the same course from where I got the Rhyno. Probably will have a similar set with me.

Hmmmm....I would use.....

Mercy for putting and short drives and upshots....
MD 2 for mid and straight duties
S line CD for longer drives..

Summit
Drone
Katana

I do have to say, I have played some of my best rounds with just two discs. A two disc combo to me, is more ideal since most of us just have 2 hands. It is awesome for running disc golf.

When I do that I usually use a putter (currently a Summit, previously a Magic) and a stable Katana or Boss. I used to do it with a Surge.

Im sure this has been said 1000 times by now

KC Aviar
KC Roc
Champion Teebird

Theres a reason why those were all KC signatures.. They are the best!

Now that I have my Laces and I know what they can do, I have come up with a new winning, all Vibram, 3 disc combo!

Summit
Obex
Lace

I tried it out yesterday and it worked great!

Driver: 12x Wraith - 175g

Mid: Z Buzzz - max

Putter: D Challenger

I like these discs in this scenario. There is a lot of crossover potential there for me. It's not exactly overlap, but I feel like I would BH drive sometimes with the Challenger, or drop a gentle FH with the Wraith from around 100'. And *forrest gump voice* the buzzz is as the buzzz does. (which is awesome) :D

..I feel like someone should start a 'ONE-disc only' thread next..

(only joking)

Now that I have my Laces and I know what they can do, I have come up with a new winning, all Vibram, 3 disc combo!

Summit
Obex
Lace

I tried it out yesterday and it worked great!

Lace
Ibex
Summit, Ridge or VP - depending on the wind.

I've been throwing this for a couple months now and am loving it.

alright I've been playing for a long time, and the ultimate setup is: *Drum Roll*

MVP Volt
MVP Axis
MVP Ion

And im not even trying to be a fan boy.. its just the truth.

Hard not to put the River in the mix, but i use the Volt more often so i would have to go with that.