• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Massive thread containing every possible 3-disc combination for your review

3 discs is too lenient.

agreed. delaware hosts 2 one disc tournaments a year. you lose your disc, you're done. the latest one, poor guy on my car had the lead an would've won til he lost his with 3 holes to go. another guy lost his on the his first shot. bummer.

I play most rounds with 3 discs so it wasn't really a joke. One of my best rounds was a 2 disc round and one of my best red tee rounds was a single disc round.

There's not many holes at Jester that require much more than a decent midrange throw. Obviously hole #7 is the one where you want a distance driver, but unless you're throwing 400'+ you're playing that hole for a '3' anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

Last time I was there hole #9 was easiest played with a big hyzer around the trees. So something really overstable would be useful on that hole specifically.

I'm gonna miss this one, but if I were playing I think I'd be packing a Pro Rhyno (putter), Z-Comet (mid), and either Surge (driver for #6A and #7A/B) or TeeRex/Firebird (driver for #9A/B). The Driver choice would be a gametime decision.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1896&mode=hi
da7c5ac8.jpg

I play most rounds with 3 discs so it wasn't really a joke. One of my best rounds was a 2 disc round and one of my best red tee rounds was a single disc round.

I hear you, when I'm killing it all I ever use is 3 discs as well. It's always: Drive lands within 40-50', muffed mid or putt, gimme putt.

The more I read you Houston guys' posts the more I want to come play there- I may try to come up for a day when I'm in Austin this X-mas, I might PM you for advice or to play a round if i do.

You're always welcome!

The best round I ever had at Jester was just a Teebird, buzzz and a wizard. 7 is the only hole that is really hard to reach with just a teebird, but everything else is easily doable.

We are having a mini tournament this Saturday. The course is the easiest in Houston,so to make things interesting, they are making a rule that you can only have three discs. A driver, a mid, and a putter. I got the mid and putter covered, but since I carry 7 drivers, I am having trouble. Which ones would you guys take , and what would you carry for this tournament? Here are my choices:

Champ Viking

Oh? There were other choices on the list? Who needs em?

VIKING BABY!

\/\/

I lost my Viking yesterday at another course, so I hit TC Jester , last evening, and started seeing what discs work the best. I think my Avenger will work for the driver, and the Buzz and Magnet will come along.

There's not many holes at Jester that require much more than a decent midrange throw. Obviously hole #7 is the one where you want a distance driver, but unless you're throwing 400'+ you're playing that hole for a '3' anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

Last time I was there hole #9 was easiest played with a big hyzer around the trees. So something really over-stable would be useful on that hole specifically.

I'm gonna miss this one, but if I were playing I think I'd be packing a Pro Rhyno (putter), Z-Comet (mid), and either Surge (driver for #6A and #7A/B) or TeeRex/Firebird (driver for #9A/B). The Driver choice would be a game time decision.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1896&mode=hi
da7c5ac8.jpg

Holes #1, #2, #3 and #9 I parked with my putter from the short tees. Even though for #9 you need an over-stable disc, I just threw my Magnet at an extreme hyzer angle and I landed 20ft from the basket.

I will say it since no one else did..

Star Wraith...

Backhand, flick or Tomahawk it can do it all.

I will say it since no one else did..

Star Wraith...

Backhand, flick or Tomahawk it can do it all.

I have one, but its quite overstable and wouldn't quite fit all my needs. The only reason I might use it, is if its really windy tomorrow.

I have one, but its quite overstable and wouldn't quite fit all my needs. The only reason I might use it, is if its really windy tomorrow.

Time to hit some trees there bubba, especially since you lost that Viking.

3 disc month - what should I use?

or a few weeks, whatever...

putters-possibly...
171 soft magnet
171 soft magnet

mids-possibly...
172 z buzzz-almost new
176 ezp flx buzzz-more beat
174 esp meteor-new
176 z drone-pretty good
173 star mako-almost new

fairway-possibly...
170 champ teebird-beat a little
168 11x pro teebird-not very beat
172 z stalker-pretty new
170 dx viper-almost new

Drivers-Possibly...
170 champ monarch-pretty beat, does nothing but turn hard
172 z Avenger-pretty new
171 star wraith-good
171 champ wraith-good
170 z surge-good
174 z predator

working with some oat, did have it fixed, but found myslef compenating for the snow in practice and it came back...

Oh perfect! My super slimmed bag is magnet, buzzz, stalker. Then I add drone, talon (close to a pred), and an avenger for overstable. And a stratus, comet, and xl for the less stable side. If you can hyzerflip a comet it may be better then a buzzz for you. I will probally drop the comet for the stratus and if I threw a pred instead of talon I might choose between avenger/pred.

Latest posts