• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Massive thread containing every possible 3-disc combination for your review

I'd say if you are working on form use understable stuff that won't mask flaws. So I guess I would go with Meteor/Stalker/Magnet.

or a few weeks, whatever...

putters-possibly...
171 soft magnet
171 soft magnet

mids-possibly...
172 z buzzz-almost new
176 ezp flx buzzz-more beat
174 esp meteor-new
176 z drone-pretty good
173 star mako-almost new

fairway-possibly...
170 champ teebird-beat a little
168 11x pro teebird-not very beat
172 z stalker-pretty new
170 dx viper-almost new

Drivers-Possibly...
170 champ monarch-pretty beat, does nothing but turn hard
172 z Avenger-pretty new
171 star wraith-good
171 champ wraith-good
170 z surge-good
174 z predator

working with some oat, did have it fixed, but found myslef compenating for the snow in practice and it came back...

that should do ya

Three discs for me would be your Teebird, Buzzz, and Putter. Personally, I'd grab an Eagle-X instead of the Teebird...or a Pred if I'll be forehanding, but that's all just preference.

Now that I know what oat is, I had a problem with it when I purchased my first Boss, a 168 Star boss. I threw about 275 at the time, the Boss went about 200 on a hard hyzer, after really trying to get some speed on this disc, I did not have much luck. So I purchased a 160 R-Pro Boss, I did much better with this and I credit the R-Pro Boss for helping me learn to throw high speed discs.

if it were me...

i'd go with 4.

Magnet - Of Course.

buzzz "slightly beat in" - The buzzz is a straight enough disc that if you really overpower it it will flip. Because it's fairly new, it's a very consistent bellweather of your throw. At the same time, its a good disc to work on Power.

Teebird "Slightly beat in" - The teebird really needs a "non amateur" to throw. Master the teebird and everything else will flow from it. If you use anything that's not beat in to "consistent" or expected, your results might vary. This is a good disc to work on technique.

Wraith - Whichever gives you the most control. The wraith is so easy to throw that it shows any imperfections OR good throwing techniques. Also, it throws more like a distance driver than a teebird. This is a good "all tools" disc. It doesnt need the power, but it can take it. It doesnt need technique, but it sure does help....

Pick a stable putter, stable midrange, and stable fairway driver.

You should be able to perform anything asked of you on any course with those 3 discs.

Driver and putter are all about your preference, but I'd definitely use that Buzzz for your mid

171 soft magnet
173 star mako-almost new
170 champ teebird-beat a little

Magnet (that was easy)
newish Buzzz, work on making shots
170 Teebird

I would stow a big distance driver at this time. Usually the point of the minimal/small bag approach is to force one to improve form, control, and shot making.

I'd take a pro-d magent over a soft one tho any day. Too much floppiness going on with the soft version and I really havent seen it grab the chains any better than the pro-d anyways. The onlt downside of the pro-d is it has no grip when the temp hits 40 or below.

TeeBird, Roc, Putter.....other than a pig or XD for approach that's basically what I use most of a round despite dragging 8 other discs along.

Fix your OAT

This helped me...

Go with 150g discs for awhile

Aviar
Roc
Teebird

Doesn't matter the plastic, though when i did it i used a star aviar, japan champion rancho roc and a champion teebird. They are not flippy. They are not too understable. They just require you to throw very smoothly.

putter-buzzz-teebird (i would prefer the 11x KC personally)