• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] McBeth Discraft Signature Line

That video was pretty much a Discraft commercial. Poor Paul didn't even know the names of all the molds and the different plastic types whenever he held them.

However, I'm betting we see him bagging a Force, Nuke, and Undertaker. And the Undertaker will likely be a signature disc.

Or maybe he threw the machete already and ruled it out.

I'm betting the predator and nuke OS will be his main overstable discs.

He seemed surprised by the overstability of the Predator.. And the distance on a couple of the fairways..

I bet Paul sneaks a Nuke or two in there. Discraft still doesn't have a mold that is as long as the Nuke. Its also not so understable that Paul can't throw it...

The Nuke OS will probably get used by him at times too.

That video was pretty much a Discraft commercial. Poor Paul didn't even know the names of all the molds and the different plastic types whenever he held them.

However, I'm betting we see him bagging a Force, Nuke, and Undertaker. And the Undertaker will likely be a signature disc.

agreed. I have been a huge fan of that mold since day 1; it wouldn't surprise me at all if/when he sigs it.

Already has it as a sig. This ad was confirmed.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181119/2791f4075daff71994e9b5b4a414b3a5.jpg

Last edited:

Well he is sponsored by Discraft and did just start throwing their discs.

He was pretty honest about how new he was to most of them.

Well he is sponsored by Discraft and did just start throwing their discs.

He was pretty honest about how new he was to most of them.

I can't believe Discraft and McBeth would be so stupid as to try and sell something. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I bet Paul sneaks a Nuke or two in there. Discraft still doesn't have a mold that is as long as the Nuke. Its also not so understable that Paul can't throw it...

The Nuke OS will probably get used by him at times too.

Yeah, I'm sure Discraft will find some stable Nukes for Paul to throw. They've had a reputation for being all over the place stability-wise but it is their de facto best max D offering.

I'm curious if he actually bags a Heat for rollers. Wouldn't surprise me, my Big Z is an easy roller disc off the shelf.

Yeah, I'm sure Discraft will find some stable Nukes for Paul to throw. They've had a reputation for being all over the place stability-wise but it is their de facto best max D offering.

I'm curious if he actually bags a Heat for rollers. Wouldn't surprise me, my Big Z is an easy roller disc off the shelf.

Based on the roller he threw in the video, I suspect he will. I think I might be picking up a new Heat because of that roller. I think my PFN SW isn't as predictable, but I haven't thrown a Heat since I gained a bunch of distance, so we'll see.

Why wouldn't he? It's a longer Buzzz. I throw mine quite a bit. There must be some kind of stigma against them though since every time I mention it I get ridiculed.

It's the epitome of a useless slot...a disc faster than a Buzzz...but slower than a Stalker? Is that necessary?

It might be THE best max D offering. From any company. I hope he bags one, because I'd like to see what he can do with it. The shot he threw on that Jomez video would have easily been the longest(besides the Heat roller) if it hadn't have hit a tree. Seems like none of the biggest throwers go wider-rimmed than Destroyers and their equivalents. The one summer I was doing a lot of field work(with a laser rangefinder) and had all my longest throws ever, a domey ESP Nuke was out-distancing everything else I could find to throw, while also being more predictable and controllable than the next best thing- a Star Boss I had at the time.

If anything they could give him ti Nukes. Those things are damn overstable. I have a decent arm and I can't even get them to fly flat. I have a cryztal Z Nuke that's also a hog.

IMO the Heat is the best understable disc Discraft makes. Very steady, and it will actually fly flat decently unless you really torque it. The Heat is also deceptively long in the air.

It might be THE best max D offering. From any company. I hope he bags one, because I'd like to see what he can do with it. The shot he threw on that Jomez video would have easily been the longest(besides the Heat roller) if it hadn't have hit a tree. Seems like none of the biggest throwers go wider-rimmed than Destroyers and their equivalents. The one summer I was doing a lot of field work(with a laser rangefinder) and had all my longest throws ever, a domey ESP Nuke was out-distancing everything else I could find to throw, while also being more predictable and controllable than the next best thing- a Star Boss I had at the time.

You don't hear a ton about the Nuke, but I've bagged one for years. Z, 172g. The plastic is outstanding and hasn't degraded or gotten flippier at all. Perfect driver for 430'+ drives. It has some high speed turn, but is by no means flippy.

The first ESP Nuke I ever tried was pretty much a revelation and sold me on the mold. Very domey, a bit flippy, and extremely glidey and long.

The Force is a good driver for Paul, but I'd bet money he can throw Nukes 50' further consistently.

It's the epitome of a useless slot...a disc faster than a Buzzz...but slower than a Stalker? Is that necessary?
Eh, I could see the appeal for people that don't carry traditional fairway drivers and just go straight to speed 9+ for "control drivers." A tweener disc like that can be really useful for sneaky distance through the woods. You're right though, that's a small gap from Buzzz to Stalker b/c the Buzzz is probably the original low-line flying distance mid.
Yeah, this was brought up awhile back, seems like most pros won't go any faster than Destroyer for distance b/c they're more concerned with golf line over pure max distance. Definitely worth bagging an all-out D driver I reckon for those ball golf holes where you won't get punished or if you need to roll the dice to rundown the leader.
IMO the Heat is the best understable disc Discraft makes. Very steady, and it will actually fly flat decently unless you really torque it. The Heat is also deceptively long in the air.
I used to really like the XL, especially the Z XL and I think the Heat is an improvement. It's like a Roadrunner you can power down and shape lines with. :thmbup:

Eh, I could see the appeal for people that don't carry traditional fairway drivers and just go straight to speed 9+ for "control drivers." A tweener disc like that can be really useful for sneaky distance through the woods. You're right though, that's a small gap from Buzzz to Stalker b/c the Buzzz is probably the original low-line flying distance mid.

Yeah, this was brought up awhile back, seems like most pros won't go any faster than Destroyer for distance b/c they're more concerned with golf line over pure max distance. Definitely worth bagging an all-out D driver I reckon for those ball golf holes where you won't get punished or if you need to roll the dice to rundown the leader.

I used to really like the XL, especially the Z XL and I think the Heat is an improvement. It's like a Roadrunner you can power down and shape lines with. :thmbup:

The Z XL was like a fairway Champion Valkyrie with more dump on the end flight (I use a glow version) yet mine got too old was slower worn in for me, so a Z Stalker was where I went after that and it flies like the ESP XL (still use for wet weather) but non of the classic end of flight dumpy fade.

My disc for between the woods is a Impact but I have enough and if I run out of discs then the Wombat 3 in Star is the disc I would get.

The Original low line flight path mid is actually a Shark but the Buzz was made as if one were to flat top a Shark or make it a Shark 3 and make it just enough different to be its own rim shape. Buzz is a better midrange while the Shark is not that good. A Shark 3 is a better midrange from Innova, almost a Buzz copy. The Shark is more for long short midrange to long approach shot as well as for a windy day putter and can work for the driving putter slot if the disc is 175 grams or higher. Seems the Shark is better for a multipurpose disc then at any one function like a true midrange distance disc at least to me the Shark seems that way.

Last edited:
You don't hear a ton about the Nuke, but I've bagged one for years. Z, 172g. The plastic is outstanding and hasn't degraded or gotten flippier at all. Perfect driver for 430'+ drives. It has some high speed turn, but is by no means flippy.

The first ESP Nuke I ever tried was pretty much a revelation and sold me on the mold. Very domey, a bit flippy, and extremely glidey and long.

The Force is a good driver for Paul, but I'd bet money he can throw Nukes 50' further consistently.

Nuke is what Nate Doss used as main driver until the Punisher came out so yeah I bet Nuke is a good disc. It is just that it seems Paul is trying to replicate the flight he had with his Destroyer's so Paul is getting a close disc to that with a Force though the Punisher is closer to a Destroyer from how I have seen the fight paths in videos. With the Force it will take a bit for the disc to break in to a new Destroyer flight path.