• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

So the super OS destrulcans were flops yet people are excited about these? The pair i saw had that same weird wing which i could hardly give away to destoryer throwers.

Makes no sense except mcbeths name is on it so people think its got to be a good run?! Wouldnt suprise me if he is throwing different ones lol.

Nah people just don't know what they are talking about. The "orginal" run of destroyers that people called "destrulcans" were flippy turds.

I don't know why people started using the term destruclans on these again cuz that they're not the same as the flippy turds.

Also super OS destroyers have always been pretty popular

For me a stable one flies 390-400. My flippier ones... Which offhand have been 171 echo stars or beat stable star destroyers go 430.

I guess i havent truly thrown these "crazy os destroyers" if they are anything like a champion destroyer. Which flys more like a regular (not a stupid os freak) star xcal. On a flat drive only about 375. On a anhyzer i can stretch it to 400-420

I keep meaning to grab my mcbeth destroyer... But i dont think its going to be as os as a champ

I have one of the newer ones (not McBeth) that is more OS than my champ Firebird. The only reason it goes further is because it's faster. Mellow Destroyers go 400-425', this thing is 330'. I can't see how it's not "too much disc" for anyone under 475' to use in the proper way. That being said it certainly has its uses on the course.

It's at least as OS as the few champs I've tried, although they were not fresh. It's hard to tell because those feel like they don't have the glide, but the OS stars divebomb.

I can throw a regular beat in Destroyer well over 400.

I didn't find the McBeths to be super duper OS as some of the other runs.

Still had to definitely flex them to get close to 400 though.

The ones people called PD2 topped go 350 if I really crank on them.

Ya never seen a star that OS. That thing should be cherished. Itll beat in really nice i think.

I think the true test of stability comes from how it flys on a nose down anhyzer.

With my best efforts i can hardly get this certain flat champ firebird to take any turn, let alone keep the nose down for long on a anhyzer.

This champ destroyer i can make it almost finish a complete anhyzer before it fades out into a headwind. Throwing it basically bh roller for even a stable star destroyer.

I can do that line, little shorter, with a star firebird i bag. Has a nice notch but not much other then that. Still very stable.

When i judge discs HSS stability its basically anything only +1 that can flip its nose up after less then a second. Ive found most discs of nuetral HSS and lower i can get a bh roller (or a cut roller even) out of.

So how does that thing fly on a super nose down basically bh roller?

Lol im surely human. And cant even throw that far compared to alot of people.

And i did say the champ only does that into a headwind. I have to get it down early for a roller, which isnt useful. I can get it to do some cut rollers though.

Im prolly torquing it anyways. But i have been practicing feldbergs one line throw and i think its really been helping throw some pure ass anhyzers

So how does that thing fly on a super nose down basically bh roller?

With my mellow Destroyers I've hit ~430' with anhyzers that sweep left to right the entire way, and can get all variation of forward flex based on release angle. Before I started beating the OS star I had it fight out of an average anny release before it hit the apex and just go left. With a good steep angle and nose down I have had my champ FB (not FAF) and the star Destroyer hit 350' and carry left to right for a good ways, although normally I expect the FB to flex out on the way down from the apex. I'm not sure how much I torqued the Destroyer. But I know on normal anhyzers I would expect it to start fading at or near the apex. It's not as stable as an X1 or something like that which would go left no matter the angle, but it is definitely like a beefy Giant or something in that realm where it starts drifting left early during flight (flat release) then goes wing down and divebombs. I do not have extensive Giant experience, but the one I have thrown a few times was very OS. I'm using the Firebird for flight/power comparison, as I would normally throw that champ FB from 300-320' max on flat, usually in the 310'ish range.

Last edited:
I have a 169 Star Destroyer that is basically interchangeable with my Firebirds in calm conditions. I can't throw it much more than 300'. The only reason I carry it is because in extreme headwinds, I can get a tiny bit more distance than a Firebird because of the higher speed.

For reference I'm throwing a "normal" seasoned star destroyer as my main distance driver, about 380-400'.

Is that what these are like?

If anyone remembers the Destroyers that came out sometime late 2011/early 2012 that were compared to FAF Firebirds...These are similar to that.

Got my Yellow 175gr Destroyers today. Loving the profile since I've had similar before. Also the plastic is firmer than the recent "G"Star-crap.

Attachments

• IMG_20151028_165525.jpg
    IMG_20151028_165525.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 74
Ah, did not know. Thanks.. I was gonna say a lot of people are going to be switching to G* soon for winter so I was perplexed.

He put the "G" in quotes. He implied that the recent star run was very soft and might as well be G-star.

This. I know a lot of people love the GStar, but dang Innova leave the regular Star-plastic alone!

Latest posts