• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

i suppose that is true. i guess i'm amazed at the fact that people are paying over retail for the current run that is readily available more than anything, just doesn't make sense to me..

I stopped being confused by the fact that people are willing to pay above retail and embraced it ;)

Now when I make an order of normal priced readily available discs that facebook buyers are paying above retail for, I'll buy extras just to sell and recoup costs.

What I do do though is sell the really good stuff, pearly, pink, swirly, stiff, american flagged stamp/special stamped, so buyers are at least getting the good stuff, that in itself can be worth the extra price. I know I'd definitely pay extra to know I'm getting a cool color/stiff/nice stamp/pearly/ect.

I did it for this last batch of mcbeth star destroyers, I got all american flagged blue stiff, domey, pearly ones and some sick pink ones that I knew would be awesome flyers (as well as looking good)... I'm not going to lie I wanted to keep all of them, but I'm not a collector/hoarder and knew that people would pay extra for them.

Hell even marshall street charges extra for bright pink, and disc golf center charges extra for "unique" retail priced discs.

Last edited:
Not true....while disc golf center lists discs as unique under the description the price is the same....

disc golf center charges more (its usually only a dollar but still) for unique colored and black discs (like DX aviars). go and look at the dx aviars, they charge $9.99 for the black one over the $7.99 stock pricing.

Last edited:
Got mine last night. Not going to throw it. Seems like the same plastic as the f2s i bought like two months ago. Little less domey.

From reviews seems like a standard destoyer, if it was super OS id prolly throw it. Right now it has several destroyers ahead so just going to stash it.

Here is pic of wing http://imgur.com/JhULjhM

edit: It is very flat

It does look a little Destrulcan-esque. Have you thrown it yet? There have been runs of flat Destroyers with squared-off wings that were flippy (the original Destrulcans) and runs that flew very OS. I have a David Wiggins Jr Tour series Star Destroyer that's shaped like that and is a real meat hook. If you just don't like the feel of it or you're afraid of it being flippy, you could just sell it on FB and get another one. I guarantee you they're not all like that because the 2 I got weren't.

P.S. If you're buying from Discgolfvalues, just request some that have a decent dome. I'm pretty sure they try to accommodate requests like that.

Boom, innova came up with a way to flush a bunch of vulcan tops through the market. I'll bet the market on flat top first runs will be the *Ds of the future, expensive and flippy.

Is that just from how they cool down? So flat ones either get that weird Vulcan-type thing where the flight plate meets the rim with a consistently angled wing, and they are flippy...or else they stay flat and get that snub-nose PD2 anhyzer type edge and then they're beefcakes? Is this the best way to tell flat ones stability before throwing (in addition to PLH etc.)?

It's not a Vulcan top Destroyer.

Go actually look at a Vulcan.

These just have that weird ridge and are decently OS.

Destrulcans were flippy, these are not.

It's just the cooling process and different blends of plastics. There's never been any "vulcan top" destroyers or any other top or bottom molds used on the destroyer. There's just a bunch of dumb asses on internet forums who think they know how Innova run their business.