• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

I got 2 yesterday. Not meat hooks but they are over stable. Very gummy. Here is to hoping they don't beat in fast cause I think out of the box they fly really good.

Are yours pretty flat? Didn't look domey in the pic posted earlier.

Mr. Molnar stamped a gold star destroyer with this new stamp, and listed it on ebay. It sold today at auction for $165

here's the cool part... apparently there are 150 class McBeth star destroyers...

I've got two on the way to experiment with along with the normal bunch of max weight ones.

I've got two max weight on the way. Didn't pay an arm and a leg for them either.

Going to throw one and see how it flies.

Did I miss something, did someone say that they re-tooled them?

150 class sounds interesting and wraith like.

Just got my destroyers in.... the 150g class is different in that its not starlite plastic... the rim is smooth with no bubbles (like blizzard or starlite plastic)... hopefully this means that it'll maintain its stability longer (I've noticed that a lot of blizzard/starlite gets understable quick because the rim bubbles eventually get exposed after road rash).

xQ4zZwel.jpg

2aFhFewl.jpg

Wonder if those are leftover stock from the beefy run of Japan open destroyers from a few years ago...

Wonder if those are leftover stock from the beefy run of Japan open destroyers from a few years ago...

Would be awesome if so. Weird part is that McBeth showed blizzard champ destroyers and blizzard champ bosses in his Japan Open in the bag video on SpinTV no star plastic or starlite.

Would be awesome if so. Weird part is that McBeth showed blizzard champ destroyers and blizzard champ bosses in his Japan Open in the bag video on SpinTV no star plastic or starlite.

The only reason I mention it is because out of that run the ones I had were orange 158s, and we all know how dgv has the uncanny knack of "old stock" finding its way into inventory.

No word from Avery about his name being taken of the Destroyer? Odd that we haven't heard about him getting another Innova mold or something instead.

this 159g McBeth Destroyer is over stable as FK.

brought the 159g (actual 162g) McBeth star destroyer out for field practice/testing during warm up an hour before tournament today. thought to myself "maybe this will go right in the bag, because its so light... I'll be able to use it for open field shots and big sidearms..."

proceeded to try and throw in in open field. I couldn't get over on it. I can get over on my max weight bottom stamp destroyers. realize that I can't and shouldn't put in bag before a tournament. I'm very excited to try to break this in soon (casual rounds and field work). but this thing is beastly... you wouldn't know it was light if it wasn't marked.

If I remember that specific batch were weird shaped, destrulcanlike and somewhat firm?

If I remember that specific batch were weird shaped, destrulcanlike and somewhat firm?

not too firm, firmer than usual/modern batch star (almost g-star). its actually dome-y like normal dome-y destroyers.

bafLamNl.jpg

Sweet, I had some tournament stamped ones from 2014 that looked flat and flippy but apparently were pd2 topped destroyers. Got one probably 6/10 and still doesn't flip, maybe these will in due time.

Ordered 3 of those 150 class destroyers...got an orange, yellow, and white. Orange didn't appear to have any blizzard effect, yellow was a bit flatter with higher plh and some slight blizzarding along the surface. White had the lowest plh and had a little more blizzarding than the yellow. I'm pretty impressed on the initial feel up, won't get a chance to toss them until sunday.

Mine have that weird kinda-PD2-type ridge/level thing with a nice even dome.

Definitely not a Destrulcan though.

I expect them to be OS as I have a tourney stamp Destroyer in the bag with the same top.

Mine have that weird kinda-PD2-type ridge/level thing with a nice even dome.

Definitely not a Destrulcan though.

I expect them to be OS as I have a tourney stamp Destroyer in the bag with the same top.

You see that "ridge" on a lot of wide-rimmed drivers across brands. It seems like where the thick part of the rim(wing) ends, the thinner flight plate caves a bit on top, just beyond that point, regardless of dome. The Vulcan/Archon ridge effect is different, and by design.

I've had others, even buddies with huge sidearms throw this 159g mcbeth destroyer and its McBEASTLY OVERSTABLE. It tries to flip up then immediately fades HARD.

I've had others, even buddies with huge sidearms throw this 159g mcbeth destroyer and its McBEASTLY OVERSTABLE. It tries to flip up then immediately fades HARD.

That definitely sounds very similar to what I heard about that one run of Japan Open Destroyers. I ordered a couple in this weight range and requested ones with domes in orange or red so maybe I'll get some of these too soon. Should be interesting.