• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

No word from Avery about his name being taken of the Destroyer? Odd that we haven't heard about him getting another Innova mold or something instead.

Which disc would he get?

Maybe someone should start a thread and poll.... :p

The JO 150g range run from a few years back that was domey and orange has bubbles visible in the rim, so I doubt those are leftovers from the same run

discgolfcenter got a bunch McBeth DS on Wednesday. They are all gone already. They all flew out the door.

I picked up another orange 169 A.J. to back up my back up throwers in case those go away soon.

ppl are acting like the mcbeths are a special release or something, i'm amazed how much they're going for on facebook

ppl are acting like the mcbeths are a special release or something, i'm amazed how much they're going for on facebook

hell even stock Avery Destroyers go for above retail pricing on facebook. Facebook seller sites are a weird place.

technically they are "first release" (in reality they are first printed McBeth 4x star destroyers).

Maybe in the future there will be different printing characteristics (such as Avery 2 line, Avery 3 line/ Avery Bring signature, Avery Small signature) that will demarcate if a certain batch of McBeth Destroyers are "1st runs" or not.

I can't wait until the current crop of players wax poetic about "back in the day there was this awesome semi-gummy star blend of McBeth and Avery 3x destroyers that were BOMBERS! I hate the new stiff star we have in 2020!"

^^^On point people always talk trash about the Current run then when the next run comes out it Sucks and people miss the old run. Stupid. I like ALL Destroyers!

Nah

There's been crappy runs from innova that people bash. The pre JL run of champions was not my favorite.

In the Twin Cities area I can't find any AJ or Mcbeth Destroyers. The only ones I can find are bottom stamp and halloween ones. Btw, all the halloween Destroyers had a lot of flashing, I got one and it is pure beef.

Was not my fave

It wasn't around that long though.

My point is that some older runs are not held in high regard. And trust me, nobody is going to have fond memories of the last waxy dx garbage blend.

Last edited:
technically they are "first release" (in reality they are first printed McBeth 4x star destroyers).

Maybe in the future there will be different printing characteristics (such as Avery 2 line, Avery 3 line/ Avery Bring signature, Avery Small signature) that will demarcate if a certain batch of McBeth Destroyers are "1st runs" or not.

I can't wait until the current crop of players wax poetic about "back in the day there was this awesome semi-gummy star blend of McBeth and Avery 3x destroyers that were BOMBERS! I hate the new stiff star we have in 2020!"

The one I remember (it makes me feel like an old fart) that I laugh about today is the 11x to 12x KC pro transition. 11x was retail and 10x was what everyone wanted when I started. Then 12x dropped and all the 11x stuff everyone used to hate was suddenly the bees knees.

Seriously tho, this years gummy star blend has been a pretty big hit. They probably will be desirable whenever the next run comes out different.

So I just got a couple of these almost just like the one pictured on page 11. One is marked 158 and the other 159. I have yet to take them out because they just came today, but man these have probably the highest PLH I have ever seen on a Star Destroyer. Comparing them to my old pearly SDS's and patent numbers Destroyers, these have a higher wing than all of them. They are comparable to my super beefcake champion Destroyer that flies like a Firebird. They don't have quite the dome that some of the patent numbers Destroyers have, but they still have enough to make a decent pop, definitely not flat or Destrulcans. The plastic on one is a little firmer than the other. Neither of them is super gummy, but they're definitely both softer than the old school ones I have. I'm excited to see how they OS they fly, especially considering how light they are.

So I just got a couple of these almost just like the one pictured on page 11. One is marked 158 and the other 159. I have yet to take them out because they just came today, but man these have probably the highest PLH I have ever seen on a Star Destroyer. Comparing them to my old pearly SDS's and patent numbers Destroyers, these have a higher wing than all of them. They are comparable to my super beefcake champion Destroyer that flies like a Firebird. They don't have quite the dome that some of the patent numbers Destroyers have, but they still have enough to make a decent pop, definitely not flat or Destrulcans. The plastic on one is a little firmer than the other. Neither of them is super gummy, but they're definitely both softer than the old school ones I have. I'm excited to see how they OS they fly, especially considering how light they are.

CONSIDER YOUR ELBOW LIGAMENTS WARNED.

CONSIDER YOUR ELBOW LIGAMENTS WARNED.

Haha, does throwing lighter discs put more strain on your elbow ligaments? I would expect it would put less strain, although maybe since you can throw lighter discs a little faster there would be more strain from that. I've never had elbow problems though, so I'm not too worried. My ankles are another matter. I'm sure one of these days I'm going to try for a big drive in sticky grass and end up majorly twisting/spraining an ankle. o_O

Haha, does throwing lighter discs put more strain on your elbow ligaments? I would expect it would put less strain, although maybe since you can throw lighter discs a little faster there would be more strain from that. I've never had elbow problems though, so I'm not too worried. My ankles are another matter. I'm sure one of these days I'm going to try for a big drive in sticky grass and end up majorly twisting/spraining an ankle. o_O

I'm sort of joking, its the weird combo of super overstabillity + light weight.

Why would you step on sticky grass? I prefer to bag it.

I tossed my white 156 sunday some (lowest plh of the 3) and it wasn't flipping at all on forehand in the 330-350 range. I release with the slightest amount of hyzer, no big flex torque monkey throws. Once it beats in it'll be real nice, probably just a hair of turn but retains fade. It was fairly breezy, tossed it into headwinds and it did just fine.

i suppose that is true. i guess i'm amazed at the fact that people are paying over retail for the current run that is readily available more than anything, just doesn't make sense to me..