• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

It's just the cooling process and different blends of plastics. There's never been any "vulcan top" destroyers or any other top or bottom molds used on the destroyer. There's just a bunch of dumb asses on internet forums who think they know how Innova run their business.

I figured as much. I guess knowing that's the case, those are good ways to describe the shape of some of the wings (Vulcan, PD2, etc.). I just compared two of my flatter AJ's, one has a profile similar to the pictured one but not as extreme and it's a nice turny max D/tunnel Destroyer, and my other flattish one with the more normal wing/PD2 type edge and that one goes 75' shorter and very left. Not that it matters if it's stamped AJ or McBeast, same molds and plastics, different stamps.

Yeah Vulcans actually have a different diameter from Destroyers so it would be technically impossible to combine the Vulcan top with the rest of the Destroyer mold. Now the Archon is the same diameter as a Destroyer and it has a very squared off top piece.... j/k. ;) My guess is that the flat topped Destroyers are placed upside down on a flat surface at some point during the cooling process which kills the dome and makes the spot where the rim meets the flight plate more angular. Probably the actual plastic blend also affects how much dome it gets during cooling as well.

There are a ton of factors that could affect the dominess of a disc. Plastic blend, room temperature, humidity, mold temperature, cycle time (how fast the plastic is injected, and how long the disc is left in the mold before removing it), how it's oriented once it's taken out, how much airflow is around it, and on and on and on.

Personally I'm glad they are different. I can find ones that do different things, but all feel similar. If I like one, I can probably find another from the same run if I don't wait too long.

So....................how do these fly?

I'm betting like any other Destroyer...it depends. Judging by the pics they are all over the map. Likely just stamped with the new stamp over whatever blanks were around. The super light ones are uncommon though I thought...

My main destroyers are this new gummier blend. They start out pretty beefy, but beat in much quicker than the older runs. My most used one is a couple months old and it's a really good pure distance disc. Rip it out hyzer, it comes out, flips flat, turns over, rides, then comes back. These are great for cycling because they don't take years to beat in, and they're great flyers after just a week or two of use.

So I took my 2 new lighter Star Destroyers out to the field for a test today (158g and 159g, orange like the pics a few pages back, mild dome, very high PLH). As I expected from the PLH, these are very OS. Rip them flat and there is zero turn and they start fading about 50% of the way through their flight. However, with the lighter weights I was still getting some nice distance out of them throwing them with a little anny and right of target. I have a feeling that after one of these breaks it, it will be a super bomber. There is a big stump one the edge of the field lying on its side, about 4 - 5 feet in diameter and I threw one of them into it with about 60% power about 20 times to try and beat some stability out of it. No noticeable change yet, but next time I do field practice I'll beat on it a little more and eventually I'm sure I can get it into the sweet spot. :)

I threw one of mine and it's decently OS at just over 400'.

Had to put some anny on them.

I wasn't really trying to push them as I am dealing with Lymes right now.

Once it breaks in I'm thinking I will love it.

All 50 of the ones I saw today at the shop (I was there when the shipment got opened) were flat with the destrulcan-like wing. I threw the one my buddy got and it is super OS. It looks and flies exactly like my halloween stamped one. Gonna assume that a lot of these Mcbeth destroyers are gonna fly like that. Kinda bums me out. Gonna have to just cycle through the gummy understamp ones for my straight to flippy duties.

I threw my buddy's max weight pink one over the weekend and it's a meathook. Had lots of flashing on it though. Curious to see how it would fly with that flashing worn down.

So the super OS destrulcans were flops yet people are excited about these? The pair i saw had that same weird wing which i could hardly give away to destoryer throwers.

Makes no sense except mcbeths name is on it so people think its got to be a good run?! Wouldnt suprise me if he is throwing different ones lol.

So the super OS destrulcans were flops yet people are excited about these? The pair i saw had that same weird wing which i could hardly give away to destoryer throwers.

Makes no sense except mcbeths name is on it so people think its got to be a good run?! Wouldnt suprise me if he is throwing different ones lol.

I just got another pink one, not sure if it's from the same run or not, but super OS. Have the weird wing I posted earlier to this thread with a destrulcan look. Might just flip it on Ebay again until some domey runs come out. Other than that the pink AJ's I have been getting are domey and look nothing like the McBeth ones. Does this go for the other colors? I saw a few other colors that looked just like it.

lol i was thinking the same thing bro .. now fwiw i havent seen or held one of these yet but from what people have been saying and the pics i have seen i thought the SAME thing :hfive:

I just got another pink one, not sure if it's from the same run or not, but super OS. Have the weird wing I posted earlier to this thread with a destrulcan look. Might just flip it on Ebay again until some domey runs come out. Other than that the pink AJ's I have been getting are domey and look nothing like the McBeth ones. Does this go for the other colors? I saw a few other colors that looked just like it.

This is the pic that was posted earlier...by you perhaps? http://imgur.com/JhULjhM

I was under the impression when the wing has that consistent angle to it that star Destroyers were typically less stable. But if they have that curved/snub nose edge (like the anhyzer top Discmania has on a PD, but a bit less extreme) then they would be more OS even when flat. This disc has the consistent flat wing (with the ridge "Destrulcan" top) yet is very beefy.

Can anyone help me out for better guessing Destroyer stability (I know PLH as well). I thought it was pretty consistent so far from my experience, which is more limited than a lot of you guys, that the angled wing vs. anhyzer top style edge was a good way to tell if it would be very beefy, but these ones apparently do not follow that.

This is the pic that was posted earlier...by you perhaps? http://imgur.com/JhULjhM

I was under the impression when the wing has that consistent angle to it that star Destroyers were typically less stable. But if they have that curved/snub nose edge (like the anhyzer top Discmania has on a PD, but a bit less extreme) then they would be more OS even when flat. This disc has the consistent flat wing (with the ridge "Destrulcan" top) yet is very beefy.

Can anyone help me out for better guessing Destroyer stability (I know PLH as well). I thought it was pretty consistent so far from my experience, which is more limited than a lot of you guys, that the angled wing vs. anhyzer top style edge was a good way to tell if it would be very beefy, but these ones apparently do not follow that.

Only way to tell is by comparing the PLH - and even then, there are isolated instances of that test failing. You can tell very little from the shape of the top. The top pictured above, for instance, appeared throughout several runs. You are right in that there were a few runs with that top that were understable, but there were also some several years ago that were very overstable . Looks like the new run is a return of those.

Only way to tell is by comparing the PLH - and even then, there are isolated instances of that test failing. You can tell very little from the shape of the top. The top pictured above, for instance, appeared throughout several runs. You are right in that there were a few runs with that top that were understable, but there were also some several years ago that were very overstable . Looks like the new run is a return of those.

Things like that make it suck to enjoy Destroyers to some extent. Can be anything from -1.5/2 to 1/4. Which adds variety but adds lots of confusion if there's a specific flight you want.

Mine fly awesome.

Nothing like flippy Vulcan crap.

Some people probably just cant handle them.

Yep, some of those work for headwind spike hyzers and beefcake skip shots...but they barely fly for me. How far do you throw mellow Destroyers and how far do you throw those beefcakes? You said around 400' for the OS ones...so how far do ones with turn/fairly straight end go? How far do the OS ones go if you start them flat instead of flexing?