• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
I disagree. They're are still a lot of players just now getting into the game and to them Innova and MVP are both equal in their eyes.

MVP/Axiom make great products and seasoned players (like myself) have taken notice. They may not reach the huge market share that Innova enjoys but I think they will grow steadily by making consistently good discs (like Discraft).

I do think they could benefit from having top pros (male and female) represent their brand.

I agree, Discraft(DGA), is the only other company that has high enough quality control, that I trust buying a replacement online.

Some people drink budweiser, some prefer a craft beer, in the end they both will get you drunk

I'm officially going to become the guy who "LOVES INNOVA BUT HATES DISCMANIA" why? because all discmania does is take popular innova molds and tweak them!

all discmania putters are variants of the aviar?! - SO UNORIGINAL SO LAME

the PD has a firebird bottom? - INNOVA INVENTED THE FIREBIRD THEY SHOULD SUE DISCMANIA FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THEFT.

and DON"T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MILLENIUM... the bottom stamp scorpius are JUST DESTROYERS... SUE INNOVA ELEVENTY TIMES OVER.

Terry asked him if he could have any Innova disc as a signature model.... and Paul said the Star Destroyer is the obvious choice.

Avery having it makes things a little tricky but honestly it seems he is more involved with the Discmania side of things these days. I think Innova will find some way to get Paul's name on Star Destroyers. Tour series, special run, whatever.

I just have a hard time not seeing this happen. Paul's 'In The Bag' videos always solidify his passion for the Destroyer. I think Innova could give Paul a regular production Swirly Star 4X Destroyer.

I'm officially going to become the guy who "LOVES INNOVA BUT HATES DISCMANIA" why? because all discmania does is take popular innova molds and tweak them!

all discmania putters are variants of the aviar?! - SO UNORIGINAL SO LAME

the PD has a firebird bottom? - INNOVA INVENTED THE FIREBIRD THEY SHOULD SUE DISCMANIA FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THEFT.

and DON"T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MILLENIUM... the bottom stamp scorpius are JUST DESTROYERS... SUE INNOVA ELEVENTY TIMES OVER.

You do realize that innova actually makes all Discmania and Millennium disc? Sarcasm, perhaps?

I don't get why people say Paul can't have a sig destroyer, since Sexton has a firebird which is technically Kenny's disc.

Sexon has a tour series disc, it's a little different.

The Champion Firebird is KCs disc, as the Star Destroyer is AJs. Could have a Champ or G* one maybe?

I don't get why people say Paul can't have a sig destroyer, since Sexton has a firebird which is technically Kenny's disc.

you could also charge 18.99 for the disc at the factory store and they'd sell out in minutes....

I just found out now that the Krait was one of his discs in the first place. Had no clue. Never even gave this disc a thought before.

Why don't they just make all the McPro plastic available beyond the store and just give him less $ per sale. That way I could have some without paying that ridiculous shipping at the pro shop.

I just found out now that the Krait was one of his discs in the first place. Had no clue. Never even gave this disc a thought before.

Why don't they just make all the McPro plastic available beyond the store and just give him less $ per sale. That way I could have some without paying that ridiculous shipping at the pro shop.

ITA on shipping costs. Probably why I don't buy more from the Proshop... exorbitant shipping costs.

ITA on shipping costs. Probably why I don't buy more from the Proshop... exorbitant shipping costs.

It's the wierd dynamic of factory seconds and exclusive discs only available.

Still if you buy 5 factory seconds you get 10% and 10 factory seconds 20% off your order. If you haven't already reached the $75 free shipping threshold then the savings per disc shipping at $6.00 (which is fas priority mail). After the initial order you usually have enough rewards points to basically cover shipping/big discount on one disc towards the next order.

Also during Xmas season they have that 0.25¢ Priority mail promo.

Still if you buy 5 factory seconds you get 10% and 10 factory seconds 20% off your order. If you haven't already reached the $75 free shipping threshold then the savings per disc shipping at $6.00 (which is fas priority mail). After the initial order you usually have enough rewards points to basically cover shipping/big discount on one disc towards the next order.

Ya I buy almost all my discs from the pro shop ten at a time. I didn't know about the quarter shipping around Christmas. Thanks!

Problem is, I usually don't need to order that many discs, especially not at one time. The rewards points DO help, though...

If I'm not mistaken, they had something like 500+ McBeth Novas in stock at the Proshop and now they're down below 50. I also saw some McBeth 4x mini stamps on stock stamp Novas as well, which I assume would be selling well out in the wild. For a disc that gets very little love, I bet this move had a huge impact on moving old, blank stock of the Novas.

If I'm not mistaken, they had something like 500+ McBeth Novas in stock at the Proshop and now they're down below 50. I also saw some McBeth 4x mini stamps on stock stamp Novas as well, which I assume would be selling well out in the wild. For a disc that gets very little love, I bet this move had a huge impact on moving old, blank stock of the Novas.

Maybe around your area. I see enough novas to think they sell decently. It's so weird how awesome this disc is and how little love it gets on here.

ive never seen a nova or atlas but plenty of MVP around here. makes sense for innova really I agree on moving the dusty blanks.

ive never seen a nova or atlas but plenty of MVP around here. makes sense for innova really I agree on moving the dusty blanks.

Your from MN? Where is MVP and axiom from? It's weird how disc sales are. Online'rs only, local buyers only. I know one guy that throws 90 percent cmp and axiom but most people only have one or two. A lot which are the fireball. I'm just a cheap ass so I buy f2 and use funny money on innova because much better selection usually.

I wouldn't figure these are dusty blanks either. Because i would rather buy same color rim and flight plate but never found any.

Last edited:
Maybe around your area. I see enough novas to think they sell decently. It's so weird how awesome this disc is and how little love it gets on here.

When the Nova first came out there were good sales. Those I see now may be from that run while sales later diminished. Now with the 4peat stamp, we'll be seeing another rash of Novas again soon....

The Nova is possibly the ugliest disc ever produced. It might very well fly like its on a rail but I can't believe the numbers guys are getting on FB for McSexy Novas in the most godawful color combos...