• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
The thing looks so toy! But if it helps people who can't throw a straight approach shot if their life depended on it, well...

The thing looks so toy! But if it helps people who can't throw a straight approach shot if their life depended on it, well...

Sorry Paul you suck, can't throw a 375 ft laser with a toy! Should quit innova and throw MVP. Though he prolly can't activate the gyro :/

Those 4 tabs underneath, cheesey color combos, ribbed for your pleasure... I'd expect to find it in a toy aisle of a thrift store, lol!
Edit: for the record, we all understand paul could throw a pie plate with grace, but I still can rip on the goof ball look of this disc.

The Nova is frequently on Discgolfcenter's top seller list, so they are being thrown somewhere out there. It was an obvious choice for Paul's disc, as he loves the mold and throws it well, and often. Pretty sick stamp, too.

If anyone is interested, I set up a grassroots FB page called "McBeth Deserves the Destroyer". This was mostly as a conversation starter, but I'd love to generate some momentum that I could send to Innova to show what the fans want (though I'm sure they know a 4x stamped DS would sell). Come join!

The overmold is a larger portion of the overall disc so weight distribution could be manipulated more. The innova overmold and flightplates can be a different types of plastic in the same disc.
The downside is the four compass points.

The overmold is a larger portion of the overall disc so weight distribution could be manipulated more. The innova overmold and flightplates can be a different types of plastic in the same disc.
The downside is the four compass points.

Everyone mentions the compass points and I've never had any kind of issue with them at all. I've probably thrown a Nova hundreds of times and maybe grazed a compass point a half dozen times in all.

I've only thrown a Pro destroyer a few times, so I don't know how much of a difference there will be but, why not a signature echo star destroyer? It would give paul the destroyer, avery could keep the star destroyer, and the echo star line could get some love as I never hear anyone talk about it.

Been throwing the Nova about a year now and just love it. That being said it really does look like a toy esp in the blue/yellow color I throw most. What is worse is when hitting a tree or rock you get a loud THOK sound that is sooooo cheap sounding usually gets a good laugh.

A beefy pro destroyer would be the ****. A echo star flys the same as a star d. You can get low plh not very domey that suck and high plh good dome that are nice, just the same pretty much.

I like Avery a lot. I will not be attempting to join any group to take away a mans bread and butter. Unless his family or gf is loaded.

Been throwing the Nova about a year now and just love it. That being said it really does look like a toy esp in the blue/yellow color I throw most. What is worse is when hitting a tree or rock you get a loud THOK sound that is sooooo cheap sounding usually gets a good laugh.

Lol that is the funniest thing about novas for sure! I putt with them so the band makes a similar sound when I hit high too. Does sound cheap.

Everyone mentions the compass points and I've never had any kind of issue with them at all. I've probably thrown a Nova hundreds of times and maybe grazed a compass point a half dozen times in all.

I don't have a problem with the compass points but they come up a lot as a negative. The nova is too deep for me but I'm going to pick one up now just to whack some trees.

McBeth probably doesn't want a swirly tour series destroyer because it is worse for ones career than being on the cover of Madden football.

The Atlas makes the same sound as the Nova. I never had an issue with the compass points, there is plenty of space between them.

Watching Paul throw that Nova is a thing of beauty, it would be pretty cool to see him play a one disc round with it.

The Atlas makes the same sound as the Nova. I never had an issue with the compass points, there is plenty of space between them.

Watching Paul throw that Nova is a thing of beauty, it would be pretty cool to see him play a one disc round with it.

+1 on all points.

After watching McBeth throw the Nova at one of his recent tournaments, I took one of my Novas to the home course to channel my inner McBeast. The first thing I found out is that I can confirm that sound a Nova makes when it smacks into a tree; it's kinda unique among disc golf discs slamming into trees, and it sounds "toyish".

The second thing I found out is that I throw the Nova just as beautifully as McBeth ;) ... and about half the distance.

And seriously, IMHO with a good marketing campaign, the Nova could become a major player in the putter arena with the 4peat Champ behind it...

If anyone is interested, I set up a grassroots FB page called "McBeth Deserves the Destroyer". This was mostly as a conversation starter, but I'd love to generate some momentum that I could send to Innova to show what the fans want (though I'm sure they know a 4x stamped DS would sell). Come join!

Isn't the Nova Paul's 4th signature disc? Plus his own plastic line? Plus all the wins, plus all the incentives, plus the notoriety, plus...plus....plus...

Let Avery have his one disc.

With Avery being a new father, I hope he keeps the paycheck. Aside from that, he's not my favorite pro by any means, but he's a solid promoter who's been doing it for years. I'm sure the Destroyer proceeds are a big help in keeping him out there, and I think that's a good thing.

And both of Innova's overmolds make really hollow thuds when they hit things, but they also drop almost instantly, helping to minimize rough bounces into the schule.

Latest posts