• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
Isn't the Nova Paul's 4th signature disc? Plus his own plastic line? Plus all the wins, plus all the incentives, plus the notoriety, plus...plus....plus...

Let Avery have his one disc.

No, it is a tour series disc. Like the mcpro aviar and roc3. Unlike the thunderbird, krait, and champ roc3.

Aside from getting a signature disc, I would like to see player jersey's become more of a thing. Nate Sexton came out with some cool ones earlier this year that he was selling. On my end I have too many discs already. I would like to have a McBeth 4x jersey with different color options. Willing to put down $40-$50 on one.

So if your discs look cool, it doesn't matter if you're a hack?

you cant even lie though that a nova looks like a straight hackers disc. If you see a nova and anode side by side one looks well, real and the other like an attempt.

and ill throw some straight up fugly **** I don't even care just happen to like overmolds. Don't get me twisted on this forum as I can throw ALL discs just fine. Happen to think MVP's kick azzzzz tho and like to get my pokes in.

Last edited:
anodes destroy any nova out on a course so I wouldn't even go there ;) Cosmetics definitely sell discs too from my experience. People like cool looking stuff and never have i shown someone my bag and them say wow those discs look silly they mostly just want to know what they are and where they can get them if not familiar. 2 piece designs appeal to players.

I actually was in touch with Paul RE: throwing overmolds but he said he "couldn't" but would let his friends try them.... Id love to see him mash a REAL overmold though. Simon gave GYRO a thumbs up. . .

you cant even lie though that a nova looks like a straight hackers disc. If you see a nova and anode side by side one looks well, real and the other like an attempt.

and ill throw some straight up fugly **** I don't even care just happen to like overmolds. Don't get me twisted on this forum as I can throw ALL discs just fine. Happen to think MVP's kick azzzzz tho and like to get my pokes in.

Yeah, McBeth makes it work. The thing looks and feels freakish though, regardless of how it flies.

Haha. Na but seriously cosmetics are for purses.

No, he seriously does have a valid point...Mac has sold billions of dollars of gear I'd bet at least 50% on great design alone.

Innova has had really lousy stock stamps and design eye for a loonnnnngggg time.
I prefer CFRs for that reason alone.
Who wants a disc that looks like either a business card or a bad high school art project?
Every once in awhile they nail it (thinking of certain Roc designs in particular) and they are huge sellers.
You'd think they'd capitalize on that.
They'd do well to hire someone to reinvigorate their design aesthetic.

Macs sell well because hipsters think they need a new MacBook to write their psychology papers.

Design is only part of their success.

Hype is a much larger part.

It's also important to keep in mind that "good" design is subjective.

You might not like Innova's stamps but a 13 year old kid just starting could be into them.

And yes I agree Novas do look wacky, but they are still amazing discs. I love mine. Laser beams all day.

No, he seriously does have a valid point...Mac has sold billions of dollars of gear I'd bet at least 50% on great design alone.

Innova has had really lousy stock stamps and design eye for a loonnnnngggg time.
I prefer CFRs for that reason alone.
Who wants a disc that looks like either a business card or a bad high school art project?
Every once in awhile they nail it (thinking of certain Roc designs in particular) and they are huge sellers.
You'd think they'd capitalize on that.
They'd do well to hire someone to reinvigorate their design aesthetic.

I can understand where your coming from. My best friend likes his discs pretty and writes his name real neat.

I on the other hand write a huge all capital letter PWAG with a fat tipped marker on the front. Then my name on the back with cell number an pdga number plus another name on the rim. Even on discs with pretty stamps like my red pink swirlystar thunderbird with a red glittery stamp or my rainbow type something or other stamped pink brinster.

If it saves me from just one guy that doesn't like I mark all over itll be a success. Either way they are tools in my eyes and they don't exactly have to be pretty. I like cool stamps and I get to see most of it lol.

I'm going to test it aim you just give me a bit. I have thrown some and they seemed nice. The rims seem shallow on the drivers maybe. Which didn't really bother me. And I bet is nice for forehand. I just have no idea what they were called besides a fireball. Which seemed like a banshee or something. Maybe longer idk never read the MVP or axiom threads so don't know if it was a fairway or control driver.

"I like Avery a lot. I will not be attempting to join any group to take away a mans bread and butter. Unless his family or gf is loaded."

I am not suggesting that it be taken from Avery, and I also understand that my opinion and the opinions of maybe 300 people on that FB page don't mean squat. I do firmly believe that Paul should have a sig Destroyer.
I would also argue that one World title shouldn't mean that you lock down a disc for life. There is really a scenario where they share it.
Wasn't Juliana Korver's name on the Valk for a long time, but not now? She was a 5x Champ.

Dude, she left Innova for Prodigy...
Did Discraft keep EMac's name on the Buzzz SS when he left them for Dynamic?
Yeah, no.
You sure she left?

She's listed as an Innova Hall of Famer on their website. Not a single mention of her in relation to Prodigy on the internet.

Yeah, sorry, JK never left Innova. She is not listed on Prodigy's site on their team page and she is listed on Innova's. Also, I am positive I never heard about her leaving when Prodigy started and created the big shakeup.

She actually doesn't play many tournaments anymore. If you look at her PDGA page, she played 3 this year and 3 last year, but no majors or NT events. Before that, she played nothing back until 2011 and from 2011 back it looks like she sporadically played 1 or 2 tournaments every year or 2. I suspect her name was probably taken off the champion Valk when she stopped competing full time.

Latest posts