• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3's

I don't have any 2015s to compare to but these new lighter black ones are considerably softer than the 2014. I can indent the rim with my fingernail and leave an impression, which concerns me a bit.

I'm hoping that the max weights will have a bit more meat on the bone.

I had half a dozen max weight 2016 McPros and none of them were soft (or domey). They all felt hard and stiff and were flat (like pretty much all of the McPro Roc3s I've felt). Maybe it's just the lighter weights that are molding up funny?

172 on the left, 170 w/ mild dome on the right. I swear if the stamp were wiped and the pen taken off the bottom, someone could easily mistake these for Dx. I wonder if they blended some Dx in to get the weight down?

20160718_173728.jpg

My two max weights feel much less firm than last year's. I'm holding a new dx in my other hand and can't tell much difference. Maybe a touch firmer than dx.

After playing a round last night and testing them out on golf lines, the two lighter black ones I received are definitely understable out of the box. Not in a bad way at all, but definitely not what I was expecting them to be.

One of them took a pretty good tree hit with minimal damage so even though the plastic seems softer, it still seems like it will be relatively durable and should season nicely as it should.

Last edited:
My two max weights feel much less firm than last year's. I'm holding a new dx in my other hand and can't tell much difference. Maybe a touch firmer than dx.

Got my pair of blues today. More of a blurple color.

Flight plate is no doubt softer. Also has similar dome to a run of the mill Champ Roc3. Not domey, but not FAF like the previous runs. Going to try out one and add the other to the collection.

As of this writing, McPro Roc3s are back in stock again. I ordered a couple, am looking forward to getting them and seeing how they fly.

I just checked mine out. They are 176ish average weight. The blacks feel grippy but too flexible. I like the feel of the whites the most, feels like the prototype mcpro r3's I have. I might try one of these after it cools off, because all of them felt like rubber when I got home and brought the box in. My 2014's are all pretty stiff even when it's 90+ out.

The best run of these was the orange usdgc edition, then the few orange mcbeth stamped ones after. Slight dome but super durable and holds up for ages.

Just restocked 144 of each color in max weight. They also added a bunch of sextons, mc aviars and maybe others.

My McRoc3s came in. One black with a dark blue stamp, one blue with a 'Murica stamp. 'Murica stamps always look awesome.

Interestingly, the black one is noticeably softer than the blue one (or the blue is noticeably more firm). I don't know if the black color or the black dye has anything to do with that. And I haven't taken them outside into the 95 degree heat with humidity making it feel like 110 degrees.

Okay, off to the range for flight testing... :popcorn:

So I have small collection of McPro roc3s from the various years. As a whole, I like the 2015s the most, then 2016s, then 2014s(personal preference tho) There aren't major differences in them, but it's enough that I thought this was important enough to post.

2014s- pretty stiff, quite slippery. I'd compare it to the harder, slicker runs of DX like the classic aviar DX
2015s- just as stiff as 2014s, but much grittier(to me at least). Easier to grip. This is like the good, old runs of KC.
2016s-a little bit softer,but still grippy. I'd compare this to the thunderbird DX plastic but more durable

Again, just my opinion. Does anyone else see a similar pattern?

My 2016s feel very similar to my DX Roc3s. Nowhere near as stiff as my DX thunderbird. 2015 is my favorite run of them so far.

I had a 2015 that I loved until I lost it in a lake. It was stiff and most importantly board flat. The 2016 I ordered has noticeable dome to it. It might as well be a roc at this point.

I still think there r noticeable differences in the feel of them. If u gave me a DX roc and a DX roc3, I think I could tell u which is what. I also noticed the 2016s to have a dime to them. My 2015s were board flat and my 2014(given I only have held/seen the 2 I have) were flat but not entirely. And I think the 2016s are more US than the 2015s out of the box.