• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Medium Wizards No Longer PDGA Legal?

"You're putting PEOPLE'S LIVES AT RISK!"
:wall: I have seen someone hit by a full speed throw from less than 5 foot away with a putter...there was only a welt. A child less than a year old perhaps....no one else is in danger. I hope you are being factitious here.

:wall: I have seen someone hit by a full speed throw from less than 5 foot away with a putter...there was only a welt. A child less than a year old perhaps....no one else is in danger. I hope you are being factitious here.

I mean... Let's be serious here for a moment.

I don't think you're going to find such a list. I know the Turbo Putt, Wheel, and Ninja are all unapproved.

I picked up a Warlock today; it was stamped with a Soft Warlock stamp. It's super-duper stiff; even stiffer than the Medium S plastic they stopped making. I didn't grab a G9i reissue so I can't compare it to that, but it reminds me of the Firm S plastic they used to make. It feels a lot like a Firm Wizard I have with an '07 club stamp. No way this disc would pass a flex test. It could be old stock, but I found it funny that it had a Soft Warlock stamp.

I also picked up a Warlock labeled Super Soft that feels exactly like Evolution HPP. It was for sale for S plastic prices so I grabbed it. It was a "find Warlocks in weird plastics" kinda day.

I was thinking about that when I saw the Ledgestone Edition CT Challengers. I bet those won't pass, either.

Some runs of McPro, I agree. The orange signatures are the firmest, but I doubt many of those have been thrown... The early second years weren't nearly as stiff. Neither were the early third years. Didn't buy any 4X.

its too bad they are OOP, there was a definite market for them among people such as myself who really dont care about PDGA approval

Since the Medium Wizards are OOP, are they worth anything more than stock prices? Any Wizard aficionados out there?

In most cases i haven't seen them go for much more than 15ish give or take a few bucks. Guessing the relative ease of obtaining G9i and the emergence of fossil/PWP might've hurt the market.