• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Medium Wizards No Longer PDGA Legal?

Yesterday I showed up at a course and ran into an old buddy I hadn't seen on like 8 yrs while I was in FL. His main putter was a Wizard I traded him like 10yrs ago...pretty sure it was a medium. Now it is in the neighborhood of a S or SS, but definitely better. Perhaps M Wizards could be legal again after years of wear?

Yesterday I showed up at a course and ran into an old buddy I hadn't seen on like 8 yrs while I was in FL. His main putter was a Wizard I traded him like 10yrs ago...pretty sure it was a medium. Now it is in the neighborhood of a S or SS, but definitely better. Perhaps M Wizards could be legal again after years of wear?

After less than a year of putting only duties, my first modern run G9i is softer than the ER-25 I also carry. Any of the many people I've annoyed making them feel both will confirm that.

The one I've left on my patio since I got it has also not only softened considerably (not as much as the one in my bag), but it's also gotten a little concave.

How long did you leave on the patio Tbird?

Just yesterday I put 5 SS club stamped Wizards on my deck for a"seasoning" test

These SS are as firm as my Softs and nothing like the nice group of SS that you sent me

How long did you leave on the patio Tbird?

Just yesterday I put 5 SS club stamped Wizards on my deck for a"seasoning" test

These SS are as firm as my Softs and nothing like the nice group of SS that you sent me

It's been out there since about September I think (whenever notroman did the first group buy of them). It has seen a fair amount of snow, ice, and rain so far. It's still out there for the summer at least.

I remember discspeed, I think, mentioning that the Champ's Aviars changed colors (not completely) and softened. I don't live in nearly the same climate as he does, but I haven't seen any color changing yet.

Those were some great Wizards. That Ice Bowl eraser(esque) is one of the nicest feeling plastics (of Wizards) I've felt.

I remember the story about the Champ and his aviars outside. That is why I did this. Looks like I have a loooooong time to go yet. Alberta's climate is nothing like Florida's though.

I wonder how the contact/expand of our freeze/thaw fall/winter/spring will effect the plastic

And yes that Ice Bowl Wiz is a thing of beauty

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how mine feels after spending time in all four seasons. The concave flightplate was an unexpected bonus for sure. I'll try to take some pics of the one in my bag, the one outside, and a new one to show the differences.

My main M putter is definitely legal. no stiffer than a KC. now, the other 3 G9is I have in the bag,

well, lets just say they dont get passed around in tourneys.

Do the ER25's actually have "ER25" written on them? I'd like to see a picture and maybe even take a couple off someone's hands :D

I have many many wizards the other day i threw a glow firebird forehand roller and it took a 2inch chunk out of a hardwood tree. i mean how can they really say the wizards are too hard. you can't even get hurt with a putter throw. a FB would kill a child.

also love to see the ER 25 on the wizards? are they grippy?

I have many many wizards the other day i threw a glow firebird forehand roller and it took a 2inch chunk out of a hardwood tree. i mean how can they really say the wizards are too hard. you can't even get hurt with a putter throw. a FB would kill a child.

Yes they are grippy,even when wet.I like them too.
2ztiCRBt.jpg

They aren't "regular" eraser grippy by any means. If you're wanting SSS velvety/chalky, you would probably think these are slick. They're like a slightly softer and grippier G9i.

The one Eraser 25 I have doesn't have the "25" written on it, but it is noticibly stiffer and not as grippy as all my other Erasers. I'm assuming it is an E25. I could be wrong though. It is just a touch less stiff than the G9i's I've fondled. It's similar to some of the Softs I have, but grippier.

wow I liked those things...............
some firebirds and cheetahs are even stiffer than those I hope they don't go down.

........................but good thing its only a gateway conspiracy the pdga wouldn't dare go for innova

Did anyone get called out for using a M or G9i wizard this year? Or hear of someone that did?

Latest posts