• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millennium and Hyzer Bomb partnership

Can anyone who has used a Grip or Spinal Tap compare the Flak to them?

And still no video reviews/walkthrough from users or HB(no, not the one from 10 months ago)?

I can get you a comparison of the flak3 and the 2nd run contender in a week if you want

I can get you a comparison of the flak3 and the 2nd run contender in a week if you want

Yes, this would be great to see the pro and cons of each one of these bags being that they are very similar looking. I am half thinking of getting this bag just to try it out.

alright after many rounds with this bag i am going to give my two main complaints.

1. I wish the discs didn't have so much room to roll back and forth. (this is very minor and is really just a personal ocd type annoyance).

2. I WISH WISH WISH they would have put some kind of hard shell in the bottom of the bag so it didn't sag, but it's not that huge of a deal.

along with that i wish that they would have put a hard piece in the back of the bag keeping the padding more ridged so it would be on your back at all times.

these are very small complaints. the bag is F***ing awesome.

that is all

alright after many rounds with this bag i am going to give my two main complaints.

1. I wish the discs didn't have so much room to roll back and forth. (this is very minor and is really just a personal ocd type annoyance).

2. I WISH WISH WISH they would have put some kind of hard shell in the bottom of the bag so it didn't sag, but it's not that huge of a deal.

along with that i wish that they would have put a hard piece in the back of the bag keeping the padding more ridged so it would be on your back at all times.

that is all

This is in reference to the Flak3, correct?

that is all

This is in reference to the Flak3, correct?

Maybe HyzerBomb can make a custom fit piece of hard plastic or plexi-glass to put on the bottom and send it out to everyone who ordered??

The bottom already has a hard shell plastic insert that goes inside the velcro - underneath the discs.
Every bag should have one inside the box. The first few days orders shipped we left it out of the bag (but in the box) in case you did not want it inside the bag. We have now left all of them inside and ready to go.

If for some reason you did'nt get one, let us know and we can get one out today.

The bottom already has a hard shell plastic insert that goes inside the velcro - underneath the discs.
Every bag should have one inside the box. The first few days orders shipped we left it out of the bag (but in the box) in case you did not want it inside the bag. We have now left all of them inside and ready to go.

If for some reason you did'nt get one, let us know and we can get one out today.

Again, i want to stress how simple and absolutely low level my "complaints" (if you want to call them that) were. I absolutely love the bag.

@hyzerbomb, i did receive the hard plastic insert, but it is impossible for me to unvelcro the bottom and put it in so i have it just resting in the bottom of the bag which is perfectly fine. does the job all the same.

That plastic piece does start to bend under the weight of the discs, so i take it out and turn it over every ten rounds or so.

like i said it is a terribly small complaint, if you can even call it that.

compared the Flak3 to a grip-L out at the course the other day and the grip owner was saying how he wished that the grip bag had some of the features that the flak3 does, such as the storage space.

also should note that i've probably played well over a dozen rounds with it fully loaded with two 32oz water bottles in it and the bag is holding up great. still looks brand new.

Anyone else besides DGfanatic7 doing a video review?

@HyzerBomb - how is the new video overview coming along?

Finished up filming yesterday and just awaiting some editing.

9512957087_7bc4f4acdc.jpg

that is all

Just to add on this, my buddy just got the 2nd Run Physical Flight Contender and his bag has the same "sag" issues with the bottom of the main compartment.

I think maybe a fix to this would be a thicker bottom insert for more bottom stability. I might try and cut a piece of plexi-glass and stick it in the bottom to help with this as I am not sure how this will affect the bag long term.

Overall though, both bags are great and each has their own perks. I do prefer the Flak3 over the Contender and am glad I got it. I would say it feels pretty close to the Grip EQ A Series that I once had. I like the layout and storage in the Flak3 better though.

Just to add on this, my buddy just got the 2nd Run Physical Flight Contender and his bag has the same "sag" issues with the bottom of the main compartment.

I think maybe a fix to this would be a thicker bottom insert for more bottom stability. I might try and cut a piece of plexi-glass and stick it in the bottom to help with this as I am not sure how this will affect the bag long term.

Overall though, both bags are great and each has their own perks. I do prefer the Flak3 over the Contender and am glad I got it. I would say it feels pretty close to the Grip EQ A Series that I once had. I like the layout and storage in the Flak3 better though.

The thick plastic insert that was in the first run was removed because of how uncomfortable it was. Plexiglass may work but you will probably run into the same issue

The thick plastic insert that was in the first run was removed because of how uncomfortable it was. Plexiglass may work but you will probably run into the same issue

I think you meant the THIN plastic that was uncomfortable was replace with a THICK high-density foam.

FYI, my 1st run Contender sags because it's a pretty thin piece of plastic. I've not cut out the half-moon shape yet as I was riding it "low" and never felt it. My wife caddied for me this weekend and asked that I cinch it up higher and then she felt it.

The theory is supposed to be that the think high-density foam is supposed to be comfortable and give the right support. Sounds like maybe it's not giving the desired support.

I think you meant the THIN plastic that was uncomfortable was replace with a THICK high-density foam.

FYI, my 1st run Contender sags because it's a pretty thin piece of plastic. I've not cut out the half-moon shape yet as I was riding it "low" and never felt it. My wife caddied for me this weekend and asked that I cinch it up higher and then she felt it.

The theory is supposed to be that the think high-density foam is supposed to be comfortable and give the right support. Sounds like maybe it's not giving the desired support.

I wouldn't know yet, I still have not gotten my new contender

finally had a chance to see one of these in person and try it on.....not a fan. thing is BULKY. I'm a big guy and it stuck out past my sides. felt heavy when wearing it too. the owner carries about the same amount of stuff i do.
though comparing it to the Voodoo backpack, i would go with the FLAK. about the same bulkiness but it doesn't look haphazardly thrown together like the voodoo.
really bummed...love the orange! that and i dont wantot be like everyone else with a grip bag....

finally had a chance to see one of these in person and try it on.....not a fan. thing is BULKY. I'm a big guy and it stuck out past my sides. felt heavy when wearing it too. the owner carries about the same amount of stuff i do.
though comparing it to the Voodoo backpack, i would go with the FLAK. about the same bulkiness but it doesn't look haphazardly thrown together like the voodoo.
really bummed...love the orange! that and i dont wantot be like everyone else with a grip bag....

That's unfortunate you feel that way. I guess it would be less bulky if it didn't have all the side storage. I felt like the Grip I owned was tiny, and the lack of storage definitely helped make it that way. I've never seen a Spinal Tap, so I can't compare those. I'm a big guy as well (6'3" 220) and don't really feel like the Flak is that bulky.

Yet, I'm on the Team, so take my opinions for what they're worth. I wouldn't be a part of it if I didn't believe in the products though. I'd still purchase a Flak3 if I wasn't on the Team. I've owned a bunch of backpacks, the Flak3 is by far the best all around.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate you feel that way. I guess it would be less bulky if it didn't have all the side storage. I felt like the Grip I owned was tiny, and the lack of storage definitely helped make it that way. I've never seen a Spinal Tap, so I can't compare those. I'm a big guy as well (6'3" 220) and don't really feel like the Flak is that bulky.

Yet, I'm on the Team, so take my opinions for what they're worth. I wouldn't be a part of it if I didn't believe in the products though. I'd still purchase a Flak3 if I wasn't on the Team. I've owned a bunch of backpacks, the Flak3 is by far the best all around.

ya, if i put my stuff in a grip i still have room to spare. (6 years with a starter bag makes you learn the minimalist approach). my revo carolina bag was bulky to me at first....sooooo i am sure if i spent time with it i would not feel that way...possibly.
dont get me wrong, its a quality bag. and if i need to carry alot of stuff i would go with this over the contender, voodoo, and prodiscus. but for my needs i dont think it is right.
i will definitely suggest this to people, especially those who like all their trinkets with them.

ya, if i put my stuff in a grip i still have room to spare. (6 years with a starter bag makes you learn the minimalist approach). my revo carolina bag was bulky to me at first....sooooo i am sure if i spent time with it i would not feel that way...possibly.
dont get me wrong, its a quality bag. and if i need to carry alot of stuff i would go with this over the contender, voodoo, and prodiscus. but for my needs i dont think it is right.
i will definitely suggest this to people, especially those who like all their trinkets with them.

I am uploading a comparison of the 2nd Run PF Contender and the Flak3. Stay tuned.

Gotcha! I'm a "prepared for anything" kind of guy. The weather here in Texas can be very spastic. I've played in a tournament where it was in the 40s in the morning, and 80s in the 2nd round. I'm not a minimalist by any means, so the bag is great for my needs. Its definitely a tournament bag, not really for the recreational players.

Latest posts