• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Scorpius

I have a beat bottom stamp and I think it flies like a fresh echo destroyer. I dunno, I asked ZJ, but he doesn't know how to respond to PMs :p

Yea, it's an old thread.

I understand this is basically a Destroyer, but it's a helluva Destroyer. I just got a few bottom stamps and these things bomb pretty far considering they don't have any high speed turn at all yet. Can't wait to beat some in because they feel like they are going to be huge.

I have a couple 1.1 S Scorpius coming tomorrow, and I'm hoping they are equally awesome. Anybody throwing these bad boys?

If only Millenium had a more manly sounding slogan. I don't think people are attracted to "Play smart. Keep it simple. Throw Millenium."

1.1s are sweeeet! Not quite as over stable as those bottom stamps. They crush!

That sounds good to me. The bottom stamps are really stable so something with a hint of turn would make a great pairing. I'm really excited to throw them tomorrow.

I've been rocking some domey q scorpius's, just the right amount of overstablilty for me. Overstable enough that they are controllable in a headwind, but not so overstable that you can't get good d with them.

Is it a little more difficult to find sirius versions in really overstable/meathook-y variants than star destroyers? Would you say the Scorpius is even a tiiny bit slower or faster than a destroyer?

I've been rocking some domey q scorpius's, just the right amount of overstablilty for me. Overstable enough that they are controllable in a headwind, but not so overstable that you can't get good d with them.

I'll have to check out some Qs, but I don't have the option to pick them out in person so I stayed away for now. I had heard that 1.1s and bottom stamps are both $$$ across the board so I wasn't afraid to order them online. I also really like the Sirius plastic for drivers; it's probably psychological but it just feels grippier to me.

Is it a little more difficult to find sirius versions in really overstable/meathook-y variants than star destroyers? Would you say the Scorpius is even a tiiny bit slower or faster than a destroyer?

From everything I have read (which is pretty much every thread about the Scorpius) the most Stable to Over Stable ones are the bottom stamps. Every one I have has a pop top dome.

How are these breaking in? Has anyone beat in a sirius to show any significant turn?

How are these breaking in? Has anyone beat in a sirius to show any significant turn?

I got a couple normal stamp 1.1s, and the one I've been throwing in the field has worn in a touch. I can only stand still in current conditions, but it's holding straight longer before fading. Got a couple throws out to 330-350 by flexing it out slightly from a stand still. Honestly, this thing is going to boom. I threw it against some Avery destros and trespasses and it was consistently longer despite being more stable and controllable, imho.

Loving these, and stocking up on 1.1s.

I meant to mention that the blend of Star/Sirius that these are molded in is crazy durable for how good it feels in the hand. I've wailed this into a couple of trees at <100ft and it only got one little scuff. Very grippy and durable.

Curious about this mold. If they're basically nice overstable destroyers why don't we seem to see any innova pros throwing them? Just cuz they have easy access to pick the good destroyers that they like?

Man my brother just lost his beat to crap Quantum Scorpius yesterday deep in a pond. Anybody has an old thrower lying around he's really bummed about losing his.

I saw Ulibarri selling some once. Had good things to say about them. They are a little bit slower than destroyers I think which I personally like. They glide forever.

I don't throw Destroyers well, but had good luck with the one Scorpius I had. Will probably buy another, as I'm having a hard time filling that particular slot.

I am thankful for the Sirius Scorpius. I use overstable Destroyers for most of my sidearms and these fly very similarly. I didn't really push them for distance today but I'm sure they could get out to 400+ easily. Lots of LSS and good glide. Love what I'm seeing so far. Even chained out on an ace run! A++

I was thinking about picking up a zero g scorpius, what are you guys opinions on them? What do you look for dome and plh wise?

I was thinking about picking up a zero g scorpius, what are you guys opinions on them? What do you look for dome and plh wise?

You want a Scorpius with some dome. Some of them in Q/Champ came out flat and don't have the HSS of the ones that have a well formed dome. As far as PLH, almost every Scorpius I've seen is incredibly similar. It depends on your power, but if you are going with zero g plastic you probably want the highest PLH you can find since it will already be less stable.

Thanks clard, I was actually looking to find a less stable one to get a little more d. I already have a domey sirius for os duties, so it sounds like I should look for a flatter zero g for a more understable one.