• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Buzz & Smaller Diameter Discs

Ha, that's good. I'm just saying it could be fun. Doesn't need to be a novelty, just another option.

Imagine a medium sized course next to an existing pay-to-play that doesn't have room for another 9-18 holes. Kids/Novices could tag along and get a fun introduction to the sport. Be a lot easier to install on a school campus as well.

Well, the big-ass "mini" Buzzz did get PDGA approved as a legal marker... Still kinda silly if you ask me. That said, I do have a Lil' Wiz.

Aren't the Lil' Wiz's bigger than a mini Buzzz?

They are definitely deeper. Maybe a hair larger in diameter, but still in that awkward in-between range that's too large to be a traditional mini marker and too small to be a legal disc. Or maybe I'm wrong on that...

Well, the big-ass "mini" Buzzz did get PDGA approved as a legal marker...

Anyway, classification aside, I do think that the smaller discs are fun...and isn't that the whole point? I've enjoyed playing a mini course (they always have one set up around tourney central at the Continental Classic) and I've also enjoyed playing catch with a li'l wiz and mini buzzz. Li'l Wiz is way better, IMO.

Mini or in-between-mini-size discs will never be as big as regular disc golf...literally or figuratively :D But they are fun and for that reason I think there's a lot more room in the market for this type of novelty.