• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mod Overstable Fairway Driver Slot

Are you looking for a true fairway disc around the same speed as the TL? I havw seen alot of suggestion for faster discs the starfire, avenger and pd are great discs but a couple notches faster then a TL. I suggested the Star eagle-x and the SPLS earlier but would also suggest the esp tracker and E Savage (the flexible ones are great in the cold). Over stable fairway spot has alot of choices.

I've been using the same Timberwolf (and have a few spares) for 3 years in that slot. Flies much like an Eagle-x, plastic you can not kill, grips in any weather, just too soft for hot summer days (rare problem in my Seattle-ish climate).

Sometimes I can't get enough from my Wasp, or safely dial down my PD, and this thing also bounces very little when playing heavy woods.

Stuff like the PD and Firebird have been suggested because he mentioned them in the first post.

I'd go Teebird or Eagle. FL could work, but its such an awkward disc in star and the pro beats in funny.

wow thanks for all great replies!
Someone asked what my current mod overstable non-fairway driver is, truth is, I don't have anyone. I used to throw my First Run S-PD but since I lost one and they're hard to fint to me. That disc was sort of covering both the fairway and the distance mod overstable gap for me.

I see there is a lot of love for the Eagle-X here on the board, nice! Seems like I will have to check that disc out. Also will be trying every TeeBird there is out there from other people.Or maybe I wait until PD will be released in C-Line...

Like I said, the FR S-PDs aren't that special, you can get new ones that are just as stable, just look for the high PLH ones.

jubuttib said:
Like I said, the FR S-PDs aren't that special, you can get new ones that are just as stable, just look for the high PLH ones.

Yes forget to answer to your comment, will even check into those more then I've done so far :mrgreen:

i've read this before but am unable to find it but have any of you thrown Glow Stalkers and if so are they more stable than Z stalkers?

have any of you come across an overstable Z stalker?

i'd like to think with a little more stability it could be a nice fairway driver.

I've thrown one Glow and two regular Z Stalkers. The glow for me was noticiable more stable. Really great disc. Dislike regular Z though.

God, that's a great example of really dumb lingo.

I hope I never hear anyone say that in actual conversation.