• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

more stable than teebird, less stable than ch. viper

Ode

Par Member
im looking for a disc that is more stable than a teebird for shorter fairway type shots. my chapion viper is more stable than id like for this shot and the dx vipers start about what i want but beat in too fast. perhaps a banshee? something discraft? preferably something i can get in pro or star type plastics. thanks for the help

this is the best thread title on DGR right now.

also:

firebird
pred
banshee
xxx
spirit
whippet
C PD

Champ Viper - Teebird:

Eagle X (Star Eagle)
Banshee (Dx or Champ)
Hybrid (S, E)
Reaper (X, Z)
Firebird (Dx, Champ, Star)
FL (Pro, Star)
Predator (X, Z, Esp, Flx)

Choose any random disc, blindfolded, from a rack of discs and the odds are you have what you asked for.

a few that come to mind are:

c fg's
dft's
lg109's
x mjp's
innova dragon

The Trident is a nice disc. A bit more stable than a new maxweight Ch. Teebird and just fun to throw.

Ode said:
im looking for a disc that is more stable than a teebird for shorter fairway type shots. my chapion viper is more stable than id like for this shot and the dx vipers start about what i want but beat in too fast. perhaps a banshee? something discraft? preferably something i can get in pro or star type plastics. thanks for the help

I understand your predicament. I don't think the range is that big, nor are the solutions that many for what you are looking for. I think PD, pred, and firebird are too fast for the slot you are describing. Ive never thrown a banshee so I wouldnt know if that fits.

I would recommend the whippet-x or one of those freakishly stable teebird plus (stiff yellow big D in the desert)

The z extreme from discraft looks like a similar mold to the champ viper (in my opinion) but seems to fly a bit faster, I would try one of those as well.