• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Irritating Question People Ask While Playing

Nothing like some B.... thinking that she needs to tell other people what they should do with their lives. Eff her. I don't condone the pushing, but she should have kept her nose out of it.

We had a local course were some teens were smoking things they shouldn't have been smoking, and a lady with kids confronted them, and they pushed her down, and the cops were called.

After that, some cops went and bought some bags and discs, and started walking the course dressed as disc golfers, and started to bust people left and right.

Undercover disc golfers! :eek:

I have no problem with people confronting it in public. It is public after all. cmon. But that would veer towards and locked and landfilled and infractioned direction.

I have seen several people here who are annoyed by others "doing stuff" during a tourny or in the park.

I kind of find the opposite. I find it irritating when people are being discrete and yet some zealot needs to point out that this is a PDGA Tourny and the rules say....blah blah blah....and you could be DQ'd.

Ya...I get it. That's why we were being discrete....before you showed up to draw attention to us.

don't you think doing that kind of thing during a sanctioned tourny makes this sport/game (or whatever) lose credibility? Can you name another sport/game where that would be acceptable in the least?

don't you think doing that kind of thing during a sanctioned tourny makes this sport/game (or whatever) lose credibility? Can you name another sport/game where that would be acceptable in the least?

Depends on the level we are talking about. The more professional the event gets, the more discrete one must be. But go to any competitive baseball or hockey tourny and let me know what goes on. The only difference is there are far fewer DG'rs thus even punters like us can get to the pro level and still be "doing" things.

A few beers during a tourney is one thing, but if you're staggering all over the course drunk out of your mind, then that's a different story.

Let's get this thread back on track shall we?

I hate when people ask if they can use my towel

What's worse (for me) than people asking to use my towel to wipe a disc is when my brother just uses it to clean his feet after going in the drink without asking. Or drinking my water without asking. He's got a bag to carry these things, he just doesn't.

Latest posts