• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MultiColored Dyeing advise?????

No need to wait. Just dye the makes color an extra min or so. Keep in mind it's just the surface dyeyour pulling off. I have never waited to remask any color. Just Get'r done and move on to the next dye.

It's true that the surface dye is coming off, but it really kills the vibrancy depending on the color, in my experience. I know that eventually the whole thing is gonna fade anyway, but seems like it's prematurely aging the colors. I haven't found a good way around this(haven't yet tried waiting a day to the the color set, nor the freezer).

Another thing that I learned the hard way is that if you apply the remask unevenly(i was really careless about bubbles on my initial remasks), when you remove the mask the vinyl will pull the color away where it's stuck and NOT from the bubbled areas, leaving a very noticeable difference in color. I believe the heat from the second dip exacerbates the dye "pullup" (which is something in general I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate) and amplifies the color difference. I've found that the application of the remask is much more critical the the original vinyl application because of this...i.e. bubbles in the original mask don't have much of an effect if they're in the middle of a field, but those same type of bubbles will make splotches in your remasked color areas.

Well put Barneco, bubbles are a beast when remasking. As far as the lost of vibrancy though, whadaya gonna do :). If you want red and blue you have to remask, just make that blue as blue as you can possibly get it so when you pull up that remask it'll still look good.