• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Murfreesboro DG Tomorrow

stoneman

Eagle Member
Well, we finally made it down here. TN traffic can be BRUTAL. We're going sometime earlish/late morning to play a round or TWO I hope. I also want to hit another course that's about 8 miles away? It will be my Dad, and my two brothers and I. My youngest bro has NEVER thrown a disc. We're gonna give him a shark or a roc and a putter, and a beast for later...I think that's our plan anyway. We'll be the foursome lost on the course, if any locals are there. :lol:

If you have a chance I'd hit up cedar hill in nashville. That course thats close is probable sharp springs in smyrna? Thats a good course too, but mboro should be the best place to take the beginner.

Barfiled is a good course for beginners. Not crazy about the concrete around several baskets, but still lots of open holes.
Sharp Springs (Smyrna) is not my favorite even though it is closest to me by far. Pretty difficult, lots of trees, the locals are not always friendly in my experience.
Cedar Hill is a great course, I played it once and am ready to go back there.

I used to play Barfield four times a week when I lived in the Boro, it's a good course now but in a few years it will be even better. They have made a good effort to plan the landscaping to make it a tougher course. The concrete needs to go though!

I'd say Cedars of Lebanon is another beginner-friendly course, defidently more than Smyrna or either Nashville course (to catch Smyrna on a bad day is a hellish experience).

I agree Cedar Hill is the best course I've played in TN. It has all the ingredients: frequent elevation changes, mixture of narrow and wide fairways, long and short holes, some double dog-legs, and beautiful foliage and scenery. I must say that Seven Oaks is a very close second. The beauty is they are only 15 min apart! Nashville is a great spot for a day of disc.

Well, we only got to play one round, but we had a good time. First time I've gotten to play with my Dad and both brothers at the same time. The open holes were kinda boring, and I'm not a fan of the concrete around the baskets (although I think it's cool if people in wheelchairs are utilizing these). I thought the holes in the woods/on the hillside were a blast!! They were very challenging to us, and the scenery was cool in there. If I make it back, I'll defintitely take my kids...they'll love climbing around on the rocks. My brother found a new unmarked Valk in the little pond, so that was a little bonus. The wind was killer on the open holes...is it always windy there? :shock:

always. Barfield has come a long way as the local club does a great job with it's upkeep. There is one thing that you can count on at Barfield and that is the howling wind.

it's often windy there, but then you get those brutally humid TN summer days where the thick air just hangs there and you pray for wind. early spring and late fall are usually the ideal times to play.