• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I'm curious - the MVP guys seem pretty smart. Could this have been a calculated move, sending out these two different testers, to see how another mold might fare before moving forward? Or is it too public of a forum for them to do that?

I'm going to assume that it was just an honest mistake, but something that they've learn from. Perhaps making a more stable disc easier to obtain for them.

i got to see some amps today. bright yellow and orange. both looked very close but the plh on the yellow sat higher. similar feel to the volt. if this and a more stable volt are spot on i can easily see all my other drivers out of the bag, leopards may just be the only other driver i would bag if only for sentimental reasons. Watching MVP grow has been fun, from the textured bottom until now I have loved the ride and can honestly say that they make some damn fine discs!!!!! cannot wait til next week.

I'm curious - the MVP guys seem pretty smart. Could this have been a calculated move, sending out these two different testers, to see how another mold might fare before moving forward? Or is it too public of a forum for them to do that?

I could see this, too - almost a happy accident, if you will.

It's a testament to the touchiness of PLH when molding drivers...The white and red test Amps are definitely the same mold. My two fly like the same disc in slightly different stages of wear. No hijinks.

I got to throw a red Amp marked 174g yesterday against a Volt and my Rivers. At first, it was definitely more understable than I thought it would be-definitely more than a River and even more than the Sidewinder I've been using for a year. It took me three throws to dial in on a laser straight hyzer flip that probably went 350 (a total guess); in a slight headwind the Amp locked into the straight line, but turned over off the flip toward the end of the flight and flexed back for an extra 20' or so. I threw that same shot with my River and it wasn't nearly as long, and didn't need nearly as steep a hyzer. The Volt seemed too different a disc to benefit from comparing it with the Amp.

I really liked the ease with which I could dial in on that line, and I'm thinking this disc might replace the Sidewinder and maybe even my Rivers. I don't throw a Volt because that slot's taken by OLFs and Teebirds, but this Amp might fit in. It was fun to throw and very workable for my noodle arm (I max out at around 375 golf d), so I'll probably be picking one up.

The Amp will be a very useful disc on the market...I can't tell you how many SWs, RRs, Valks, and even an ASS or two I've bought as a quick fix for my understable slot after a disc loss or when traveling to a course that needs more understable shots, only to find that my understable disc, at least to start, has no or little turn where I need it. The Amp actually is understable out of the box, and should be so consistently.

2 day death bump. Only 2(ish) more days until consumer release people.

So when do u think MVP will start making blizzard type plastic?

Interesting to think about... With most of the weight supposed to be coming from the gyro/outer rim... If they try to "blizzard" the Proton/Neutron plastic, I wonder what kind of weights they would end up with? While I don't think the weights would drop in any crazy amount, you also wouldn't have the "bubbly rim" crap that most people hate about Innova Blizzard discs.

The only way Chad and Brad are going to delve into the world of bubble plastic is if they don't care about producing consistent discs anymore. By the looks of things, it's a safe bet this will never happen.

So I had about 10 throws with the Amps I received today...167 white and 173 black. While I was having some nose angle issues and couldn't spend much time working them out (had my toddler with me), I nailed it a couple times and it was easy distance. On those better throws, both discs had about the same amount of turn, but the heavier one faded more.

Again, these are super preliminary impressions, but I like it. It is understable at my lower power, but not massively.

Really enjoying my red Amp

On the course it flies more stable than my white one. I don't remember what the weight is on them

The Red amp is more stable and flies so dead straight. With like 5 degree of hyzer it locks in flat and doesn't move off the line at all. Like zero horizontal movement. It's a longer straighter QJ

Very impressed. Too bad I throw Millennium...

Latest posts