• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I imagine a stable Volt, as it behaves similar to a seasoned LF

A stable Amp is also capable of handling similar flat power lines as the LF

What are you using in place of your OLF's mike?

Fresher Volts fly like a slightly more hss and less lss worn QOLF. Took some adjusting to but it hits the same lines. Quasars, fresh Volts and my overstable freak Amp all cover fresh 1.2 QOLF lines with the freak amp being the most similar.

I don't throw OS molds much the the Volts have suited me well as my go to driver. The only Quasar currently bagged is a beat in 175 with some high speed turn.

Kingace: It wasn't planned or anything, Anode/Axis/Volt/Quasar just gradually ended up being all I use on the course. I'll throw a vector for some upshots here and there and I've been experimenting with that freak Amp for an OS fairway driver, otherwise those for molds are all I feel inclined to throw.

Threw another round today and the volt is staying in the bag as my forehand driver. Backhand it's nice but flies real close to my Ascent that I can't throw forehand for some reason. It's nice to be able to depend on that flight path.

It wasn't planned or anything, Anode/Axis/Volt/Quasar just gradually ended up being all I use on the course. I'll throw a vector for some upshots here and there and I've been experimenting with that freak Amp for an OS fairway driver, otherwise those for molds are all I feel inclined to throw.

When you have the hammer of Thor, you use it :)

I took the volt out of the bag and put it back in recently. There was a few holes at the course where the ceiling starts low and then rises. Going for the ace pool I needed something I could start low with hyzer have it flip up gain height and stall to fade in on the basket. The volt hit it every time perfectly. I haven't used it much like that before and it was nice to see that it didn't just fall out the sky at its peak and sort of glided left for a nice spike. Also have gotten used to hitting the anhyzers I wanted with it. It has tons of horizontal movement and can cover a shot almost like a left handed hyzer and won't really continue forward much unless given enough height to work.

With that said I'm assuming the amp will: A. When put on an anhyzer it will fight forward more through it creating more of a curve than a C or a L? B. Being less nose sensitive it will be easier to hit low ceiling hyzer flips without gaining to much height?

As well rollers with the volt have a lot of side movement making a huge wide S for distance. Have you guys thrown rollers with the amp and found it to be a much straighter roller than the volt?

After getting a full 18 in with the Amp, I am going to agree with zj's initial assessment of the Amp: Beat Teebird. Straight, with very minimal fade. I imagine I can get more turn out of it next time I play, but the course I played just had destroyed tee boxes due to the recent Northern California storm.

I'll have it more complete review of it for Rattling Chains within the next week or two.

Been having a lot of fun throwing my white one on rollers. It's kinda pointless to describe rollers. So I'll just say it rolls faaaar

stamped Amps exist :D
ZJ did an incredible job with these. how many double-foil stamps you see with no pen markings on the disc? this sucker is pre-cision, and lined up by human eyeball alone.

ampstamppreview.jpg

And here are developments:
1. we decided the 1st Run stamp will be a limited edition of 500 and will be only run on stormtroopers for Neutron
(1st Run stamp = a 2nd foil overlay with red stuff... glowing tubes, power lamp, and First Run text, also happens to be stamped on a true first factory run Neutron Amp)

2. there will be no limit on numbers or colors produced for the single-foil non-1st Run

3. pre-order price for the 1st Run is 18.99 (ships 12/7)... on release day, 12/7, that price jumps to 24.99 as a limited edition collectible. don't worry, we aren't expecting many of the 500 to be left on 12/7. we will soon be producing the regular non-1st Run version on different plastic colors -- those will likely be 18.99, and we'll have the stock stamp Amp for 17.99 .

that's all. wanted to give a heads up on the price jump and limited number, and show off the first pics of a stamped Amp. :hfive:

Latest posts