• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Glad I ordered mine when I did...
haha :)
some updates below because it gets complicated...

This morning we've been matching physical discs to orders. Word is, of ~250 pre-ordered, fewer than 10 discs are not the exact gram-weight ordered, and those <10 discs were all a 1g shift. Neat!

So now given the remainder of physical discs after packing the pre-orders, we'll load up about 20-something to the site for pre-order thru the rest of today at the 18.99 price.

At midnight Eastern the pre-order item will come down, and the live-sale 1st Run will be available at 24.99, along with the factory stamp at 17.99 . Some more 1st Run may be available at that time... we've got a soft allocation for the staff, as pre-orders were filled before any staff dibs. These may likely be the last of the 500 1st Runs for sale, between our archives, the staff, and the Austin store's allotment of the 500.

Starting mid-late next week, we'll be running/selling a batch of non-1st runs. Those will have just the single-foil stamp, and we'll stamp up a mix of colors. You might see a Darth Vader with white Amplifier :hfive:

Also worth noting... the stock Amp will go up at midnight Eastern to Prime as well. Ending Friday on Prime is a 15% OFF distance drivers coupon, which will work on the Amp (I classed it as a Distance specifically to give people this discount). So on Friday at Prime you'd have 15% off, free shipping over 39, and points. Just an FYI for the sleuth-shoppers. :hfive:

Just ordered!!

Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 166 , Orange
Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 169 , White
Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 171 , Red
Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 175 , White

Got a nice variation of weights an colors.

DGC ;)

Got word that our local PIA has Amps ready to sale tomorrow. I haven't bought a disc from them in quite a while so hopefully they'll have something close to 170.

Just ordered!!

Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 166 , Orange
Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 169 , White
Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 171 , Red
Amp MVP Disc Sports , Neutron , Standard , 175 , White

Got a nice variation of weights an colors.

My order is from November 20th but will ship tomorrow:
4 x MVP Amp (Neutron)
168-172g White, Lime, Hot Pink, & Orange

Will go to DGC tomorrow AM to grab some Amps :) I'll look fwd practice hyzer flipping those Amps!

Just ordered!!

DGC ;)
Thanks for the tip... screencapped it -- dealers were asked NOT to make them available for live sale until the release date (tomorrow). :doh:

In real business this would mean that DGC loses their wholesale rate or doesn't get their supply shipped out until the release date. :clap:

Disc Nation is honoring the release date of the manufacturer, like always.

I wish I couldve got the fancy two tone DN amp stamp with that SICK artwork. Only available in 174+ though. :wall:

Undermining MVP's efforts to achieve a true release date sucks. Every single dealer out there now has a strong incentive to disregard the release date, and for that matter any other dealer parameters set forth by the manufacturer.

From MVP's dealer announcement:
The official release date is December 7; we ask that stores do not stock this item before this date. Online pre-orders are still acceptable however.​

I read that to mean that a 12/6 live-sale is unacceptable.

A nose angle sensitive disc means you need to focus on the release angle to get optimal flight. Some confuse this with squirrelly or unpredictable. The Volt is nose angle sensitive, meaning the more you learn to control the nose, the more lines you open up. It also means poor form exposes this

The Amp can be thrown slightly down or up and will fly the same. The lines don't really change as the nose changes. Now going extreme nose up changes that.

The official release date is December 7; we ask that stores do not stock this item before this date. Online pre-orders are still acceptable however.​

So you interpreted their announcement as online retailers can have it up for pre-order as long as they don't list weights and colors?

Undermining MVP's efforts to achieve a true release date sucks. Every single dealer out there now has a strong incentive to disregard the release date, and for that matter any other dealer parameters set forth by the manufacturer.

You jelly?

You jelly?
Considering that I'm helping publicize their availability...
No, the jimmies being rustled here are solely my MVP jimmies, not DN. I'm pretty used to shady glances at DN, mainly other retailers stealing content I've created. I can't change their hunger for small potatoes.

What I DO want and will fight for is for MVP to be the manufacturer of the mainstream disc golf future, including the simple luxury of a real-world exciting product launch. No coy chatter about upcoming molds -- announcement outta nowhere. No week-long release sequence based on shipping time -- hard release date with a no-sale dealer agreement. These basics are completely foreign to the disc golf industry.

So you interpreted their announcement as online retailers can have it up for pre-order as long as they don't list weights and colors?
Yeah, pre-orders that are not based on real inventory allocations are fine... jumping the release date just because you have inventory is not. None should ship before 12/7, and none should live-sell before 12/7. Two people at DN are staying up till midnight for this because it matters to us. Exciting launches are good for the sport, wouldn't you think?

We've had stock stamps for over a week... we've been custom-stamping blanks all throughout the week... not a one has left the building or been sold as a live allocation.

Considering that I'm helping publicize their availability...
No, the jimmies being rustled here are solely my MVP jimmies, not DN. I'm pretty used to shady glances at DN, mainly other retailers stealing content I've created. I can't change their hunger for small potatoes.

What I DO want and will fight for is for MVP to be the manufacturer of the mainstream disc golf future, including the simple luxury of a real-world exciting product launch. No coy chatter about upcoming molds -- announcement outta nowhere. No week-long release sequence based on shipping time -- hard release date with a no-sale dealer agreement. These basics are completely foreign to the disc golf industry.

Yeah, pre-orders that are not based on real inventory allocations are fine... jumping the release date just because you have inventory is not. None should ship before 12/7, and none should live-sell before 12/7. Two people at DN are staying up till midnight for this because it matters to us. Exciting launches are good for the sport, wouldn't you think?

We've had stock stamps for over a week... we've been custom-stamping blanks all throughout the week... not a one has left the building or been sold as a live allocation.

Just gimme the goddamn discs already :D

I understand your willingness to fight for MVP Zam. You have a bottom line to look out for also, and try as you may to remain unbiased in this fight...it's not possible, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Whether the exact release dates are respected or not, MVP's coffers will be filled, and players will be happy to get the Amp in their grubby little hands.

Last edited: