• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

I don't wanna beat a dead horse, because it's best addressed in the mechanics of the next release, not me ranting on the forums.

I'm proud of the fact that DN could dip its toes into pre-ordering, which we haven't done in years, in a way that wouldn't suck the oxygen out of places like Community that thrive on the pre-order crowd. One color, custom stamp, non-factory, premium-priced... a very specific appeal that is separate from stock throwers.
something tells me he cares about disc golf in a broader sense than most.
I do. I want the industry to thrive and working for the sport's most forward-thinking manufacturer/retailer combo is my best chance at making it happen. Never stated this online -- my interest in DG's growth is 100% for its therapeutic potential for mental illness, drug abuse, and technology addiction. To get this legal soul medicine to the masses, we make 'em look sexy and easy to buy... the details are just details and I struggle with ignoring details.

The only part worth reading here...
EVERYONE'S GETTING AMPED TODAY!

On the question of purchasing in a store before the street date: I don't know about the Amp because my local store didn't order a shipment for them (sucks :mad:). However, for the release of the Volt the shipment came in two days early and the owner of the store made a point of calling MVP and asking if they were allowed to sell them early. MVP said go for it.

On the question of purchasing in a store before the street date: I don't know about the Amp because my local store didn't order a shipment for them (sucks :mad:). However, for the release of the Volt the shipment came in two days early and the owner of the store made a point of calling MVP and asking if they were allowed to sell them early. MVP said go for it.
That was cool of the shop to call and ask -- I do a scramble every time trying to find out from Purchasing or other people when a particular disc is to be released. (it's nice when I'm super smashed, to hear that it's not out for 3 more days!)

This idea of a strict release date is brand new on the Amp, and was brought about by some stores jumping the gun with the Volt. Basically there hadn't yet been an MVP release so highly-anticipated that sales prior to release day would impact the dealer network.

Innova's release methods have been destructive to their dealer network for years, with no change at all. MVP encountered the issue ONCE and took steps to prevent it. But again, first rodeo with this policy.. it's all new. I shouldn't have gotten so bent outta shape for what could be an innocent error.

Yeah, everyone who watched my video on the Amp, please be aware the white one is much more overstable than they should fly, and the red is closer to what they should be but more understable. If you've seen the Volt videos, think a notch, notch and a half more understable and that's where I'd expect their stability to be. As soon as i get Christmas shopping out of the way I'm going to order more to test out.

Also, every MVP driver is much faster than a leopard. Leos are speed 6 I believe, Amps and Volts are speed 9 / 2cm wing. Same speed as Valks, RR's, Firebirds, OLF's etc.

ZAM, DGCenter was not selling the discs to ship a day early, therefor it was a pre-order and they didn't ship till the next day (Official Release). Other Sites like GGGT where selling them WAY before DGC was.. so whats the problem? There isn't one.

They Allowed Pre-Orders a few hours before midnight.

Im sorry your own little world was shattered.

Im going to write MVP about this to make sure its smoothed over and not blown out of proportion by your misinterpretation. They did everything right for all im concerned.

I back DGC's decision

ZAM, DGCenter was not selling the discs to ship a day early, therefor it was a pre-order and they didn't ship till the next day (Official Release). Other Sites like GGGT where selling them WAY before DGC was.. so whats the problem? There isn't one.

They Allowed Pre-Orders a few hours before midnight.

Im sorry your own little world was shattered.

Im going to write MVP about this to make sure its smoothed over and not blown out of proportion by your misinterpretation. They did everything right for all im concerned.

I back DGC's decision

I think you need to understand that ZAM is coming from a different perspective than 99.99999% of this board. His job revolves around marketing disc golf. He wants to cultivate a healthy environment for disc releases. He eats, breathes and sleeps this stuff 24/7. MVP also has a special connection with ZAM from the artwork.

Eventually retailers will be held accountable, as it happens in every other industry with product release. It isn't that ZAM is angry with these other companies, he just has some long term goals he wants to see for the industry. Disc Nation could have taken advantage of selling the MVP drivers a week before the release date, but we want to help set a new standard. It is healthy for all disc golf retailers when we aren't trying to get the jump on other retailers by ignoring the advised release date(s).

retailers have each have their own policies. we can't control any of that. Just have to deal with and come up with creative ways to get your attention(see the Amplifier Amp)

Last edited:
Went to DGC today and bought 5 Amps of diff weights and colors (stormtrooper, blue, orange, hot pink, yellow or dayglow). Threw them on the field (perfect calm conditions) and that is what I wanted in understable fairway driver. Discspeed's "This disc is like the Fuse of drivers..." is a very good description.

When I threw them at flat release at say 90% power and it really turned nicely and slowly and landed with little or no fade (depending on height). Like a quite faster Fuse :) One time I threw 5 of them and all 5 landed within 20 foot circle at around 280-300 feet or so. 5 of them flew pretty much similar which is very impressive despite different colors and weights. I checked the PLH and all looked similar to my naked eye.

I don't normally throw hyzer flip so it is like the first time I really tried to work on hyzer flip release and my current problem with hyzer flip release is consistency on hits (snap). When I really get good hit with right angle, it really hyzer flipped beautifully and went long straight and landed down with no fade. It was a beautiful flight to watch! Now I have lot more motivation to work on hyzer flipping :) More field work coming!

With my best throws (great hit) my Amp went around 330-340 feet (counting my strides) and Amp defintely goes bit further than Volt.

Threw some sweeping anny lines and it flew nicely with right angle/snap.

I threw some sky rollers and it did indeed went about 450 feet (perfect ground for rolling). Notice it stood up bit longer than Volt did.

Awesome job again and thanks MVP!

How noob friendly is this disc, i.e. the 250-280 crowd?

I'm finding, like other MVP discs, it requires a lot of snap to get up to speed. It can also be a little touchy on nose angles. I am in the same power range, and when I hit it right, it goes straight with a little fade and just feels great. When I don't hit it right, it flies more like a Teebird or Eagle. It isn't quite as effortless as I like an understable disc to be. I think the learning curve, for lower-powered players, is a little steeper than with a River. For me, it is flying like a Champ Valk. Good turn, but more fade than I want at this point.

Everybody on this site throws our putters that for and further, so how would we know how a driver flies at those jump putt distances? :D

I'll remember that when I'm out there throwing my Nuke 150 feet :D

I'm finding, like other MVP discs, it requires a lot of snap to get up to speed. It can also be a little touchy on nose angles. I am in the same power range, and when I hit it right, it goes straight with a little fade and just feels great. When I don't hit it right, it flies more like a Teebird or Eagle. It isn't quite as effortless as I like an understable disc to be. I think the learning curve, for lower-powered players, is a little steeper than with a River. For me, it is flying like a Champ Valk. Good turn, but more fade than I want at this point.

Thanks - I've never thrown MVP, so this is good to know.

Latest posts