• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

My four (one is for my brother-in-law, whichever one I like the color of least) will be here Monday. I was the first to pre-order at Community. :D

I am beginning to wish I was your brother-in-law...

Yeah I keep buying the bastard stuff. But he's one of about four people I know that play disc golf so... It's nice to have someone to go along with me.

I'd love to say he pays it back but he doesn't. ;)

Yeah I keep buying the bastard stuff. But he's one of about four people I know that play disc golf so... It's nice to have someone to go along with me.

I'd love to say he pays it back but he doesn't. ;)

He pays it back when you've got a playing partner that is excited to try new discs you've given him...

He pays it back when you've got a playing partner that is excited to try new discs you've given him...

Yeah, that's true. And I hope I didn't imply that I care if he pays it back. I like to tease him about it, but he's a good guy. I've gotta convince him to start betting against me, though. Then he'll be paying it back... ;)

Anyway, lime, hot pink, white, and orange coming. He got a black Volt before (I have one too, in addition to the first three colors), and they're tough to spot, so I nixed that from this order. The orange is likely his but we'll see how they all look when they arrive... ;)

My four (one is for my brother-in-law, whichever one I like the color of least) will be here Monday. I was the first to pre-order at Community. :D

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I had that distinction for the Volt pre-order. Justin wrote me a note and everything. :hfive:

My 1st run Amp from Discnation came in the mail today and it looks beautiful. I took it out to a field near my house, but only got a few throws in before a 20 mph headwind set in. First thoughts are that it reminds me of a fresh gold line river super straight with a little turn then a little fade at the end. I did not get the super understable out of the box vibe I was hoping for, but I only threw it like 3 times so hopefully I was just off. For reference I throw 280-320ish max.

My 1st run Amp from Discnation came in the mail today and it looks beautiful. I took it out to a field near my house, but only got a few throws in before a 20 mph headwind set in. First thoughts are that it reminds me of a fresh gold line river super straight with a little turn then a little fade at the end. I did not get the super understable out of the box vibe I was hoping for, but I only threw it like 3 times so hopefully I was just off. For reference I throw 280-320ish max.

This is how mine throws, too, but with less glide and better low lines than the River. I throw about in the same range. Tempted to beat the crap out of mine to see if I can make it lose some stability.

Just received my Amp. Haven't been able to throw it yet, but it actually feels way more comfortable in my small hands than the Volt does. Anyone else have this experience?

Just scraped it on the concrete and threw some sidewalk rollers. Gonna take it out to the field in a few and report back.

Don't worry, Zam - stock stamp only. :D

Haven't tried yet, they're too pretty.
HOLY SNAP.
I.... I think they might be the best tuning discs ever.

For starters, I just folded an Amp in half with no issue. The overmold stretched along with the core, no separation or damage.

I'm guessing because of the density, the overmold wants to hold a tune more so than other plastics. It didn't pop right back to shape, but with very little effort I got it back to normal non-taco. The action is less like the repeated forceful tuning of most plastics, and more like a quick one-bend adjustment that you can then fine-tune.

Anyway, I've got one of my Amps here and I tuned one side RR under-easy and one side TB-tasty.

I think y'all will enjoy this.

I threw the AMP a few times on Saturday. The disc feels totally sweet in my hand. It's very flippy though. I haven't tried to roll it yet but I am very curious to see how it rolls. Too understable for air shots for me. I would have a hard time trusting it.

Just got my discnation 1st run amps in today. Both 170. I took one out to the field for a few throws and to get an intial reaction. First things first, I regularly throw RHBH 350-380 max and have been throwing my volts anywhere from 280-340 pretty consistently. There was no wind present, but I was also not warmed up and wearing a bulky jacket so my test throws were considerably lower power than normal.

At the 260-320 range I was throwing my 170g Amp it flew a cross between a stable Avenger SS and a beat up TeeBird. Was giving it some height because out of the hand it definitely flipped up, so if thrown flat and low it would turn into the ground. Thrown on a hyzer, like others have said, it flips up to straight and flat and tracks about 300' with little fade. It didn't seem to have as much right to left action as the volt, and definitely didnt resemble the hard right turning flight of a roadrunner (at that power level at least). Definitely something to be done with this disc and seems like a great compliment to the volt since it should be shaping completely different lines without being 5 steps apart on the stability scale.

Can't wait to get out and throw it more extensively.

Last edited:
If you tune the drivers, start with shallow bends. I wanted to stress-test it so (as ZJ observed) I kept my Amp bent in half, then flexed it a bunch trying to demonstrate how the overmold stretched instead of breaking or separating. The overmold was fine. Took a few minutes, same as any other similarly-abused premium disc, to get the whole disc back to normal table-level.

Shallow bends should do the trick for tuning the MVP drivers. No need to be gentle, it just doesn't take as deep of a bend as 1-piece discs.