• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Yeah, thanks for devaluing our purchases now that we'll no longer be special. :thmbdown:
We won't bust out the 1st Run edition stamp till MVP makes these suckers in Proton :D

1st Run = double-stamped, limited edition of 500 amptroopers
Amplifier = single-stamped, unlimited qty and colors

The fact that there's a non-limited version should help keep the disc out of the obscurity that a 500ct run brings, thus boosting the desirability of your 1/500 edition. And we raised the price ~30% to a standard collectible range ON the release date, with a week's notice, after the bulk of the run of 500 had sold in pre-orders. Your collectible will retain its value and get you laid... those two concerns were at the forefront of this project.

anybody throw an amp that is somewhat familiar with the s td? kinda interested to see what people say about the two.

It's a bit different flight from the STD because the wings are different shapes. Amp is concave, where the TD is flat to convex. Its slower than the STD. It's more like a used P-PD than a TD

the s tds i throw are the older stiff blue ones, seem to be a bit beefier than some of the other s tds. when you say it's more like a p pd, are you meaning that it flips a bit and still fades at the end on a flat throw? the td i throw now does that, if i release it on a hyzer it'll lock to flat with minimal fade, and an anny release pretty much holds to the ground.

Oops!

We won't bust out the 1st Run edition stamp till MVP makes these suckers in Proton :D

1st Run = double-stamped, limited edition of 500 amptroopers
Amplifier = single-stamped, unlimited qty and colors

The fact that there's a non-limited version should help keep the disc out of the obscurity that a 500ct run brings, thus boosting the desirability of your 1/500 edition. And we raised the price ~30% to a standard collectible range ON the release date, with a week's notice, after the bulk of the run of 500 had sold in pre-orders. Your collectible will retain its value and get you laid... those two concerns were at the forefront of this project.

I guess my sarcasm didn't work over the Internet. I was trying to pre-empt the usual whining and moaning. Shoulda put the little winking guy in there, but I was in a hurry. I'll most likely throw mine and destroy their value anyway.

Got all four of my amps today, first thing i did was set them upside down and test the domes.

I found that the 166g Orange has tad a bit more dome than the red and 2 white ones.

the red(171g) and whites(169/175g) are all exactly the same, which is great.

I hope the orange 166g is an overstable freak :)

It will be a while before i can test them out however :(

Also tested PLH and found that the red one is just a micro notch higher than the rest. The others are exactly the same.

Seems like i got a good variation.

After a couple of rounds of throwing the Amp, I can easily say it has more glide than the Volt. Like zj said, I think this disc will be more popular overall in the community. Can't say enough about its forward fading LSS. Really enjoying this disc at 350 ft for tight hyzer flips.

169 red.

Threw my brother's today, looks like we got a freak. I think he said it was 172'ish and it was so freaking stable. I bombed it as hard as I could, and it didn't even flinch. For reference, I threw a 167 TP sword with the same throw, and got plenty of turn and it went around 350 on super flat 6' off the ground line. Threw the amp and it laughed at me as it resisted the turn.

Looking forward to try one of these that flies as intended.

Threw my white 170 some more today while I was fully warmed up and not constricted by bulky clothing. I was throwing it in the field to the 340'-350' range it was very understable. Low shots held to the ground and higher ones exhibited a good amount of turn, I'd say around -2.5. On the course I got it to hold some good turnover shots and even got it flying dead straight on a hyzer flip to about 330'. Looks like a promising roller as well, I had a few shots that landed on the ground with just a touch too much 'hyzer' for a roll and cut left (RHBH) but I can tell that once it wears and I'm more familiar this could be a go to BH roller.

The closest disc I could describe to it would be a nice stable Z Avenger SS in max weight, it turns but pulls out given the height. My first throws were in the 280-300' range and it was definitely more teebird like for lower power shots like that. Powered up to 340-350 it starts to show its turn and glide quite a bit more.

what color was it?

A white first run from disc nation. Sounds like the one Mike C described. I was very disappointed.

If it makes people who think I have bad form feel better, it was much more OS than a volt. I get turn on volts.

I think freaks will always exist

I found an uber flat volt that was an xout for the Skullboy Volts i stamped. It is LF and the PLH is really high.

I felt every first run Amp and don't remember any freaks but I'm not shocked

I think freaks will always exist

I found an uber flat volt that was an xout for the Skullboy Volts i stamped. It is LF and the PLH is really high.

I felt every first run Amp and don't remember any freaks but I'm not shocked

Absolutely. He wasn't upset, he just wanted to make sure he didn't have trashy form and couldn't throw it.

No harm done, just a confusing few throws.

Yep. I'd honestly love to have a freak amp

I lost my stable one because it went so far over a tree line I never saw it land