• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

Hey kingace, clear your pm's

I know this isn't the right place to post it but this is what the pm had in it....

Hey man...guess I gotta work tomorrow and Friday so unless I get out early I won't be able to ship til Saturday :( sorry about that.

Also I noticed in the volt thread that you said you had a freak overstable volt. If your interested I have a normal volt I would love to trade for it. Let me know what t you think!

Finally got a chance to throw my new amp along with my volt today. Throwing in a field with a 10mph tailwind one direction and a headwind coming back. They are identical 173g blank white. I found my amp to be more stable than my volt. My volt flies like a sweet leopard with a touch more hook and the amp flies like my perfectly seasoned teebird. Anyone else have a stable amp?

I got to throw my amp today and it definitely was not stable. It's a magenta 170g. I'd say its somewhat similar to a roadrunner in that I can throw it on a hyzer and it will flip over and carry a nice glide to the right and finish to the right. Admittedly, it was very windy when I was throwing so it was a little hard to judge how it will handle without being influenced by the wind, but it was noticeably less stable than my volts.

I'm disappointed with MVP on the AMP, i hear people say stable, then under-stable.. All the other MVP molds have been extremely consistent for me. I have yet to test My AMPs, probably wont be till this weekend. If what people are saying is true, MVP has made a bad move on this one.

This is not the MVP i know.

How do we know how the disc is truely supposd to fly?!

lets hope this is first run issues that will be cleared up in later runs..

I'm disappointed with MVP on the AMP, i hear people say stable, then under-stable.. All the other MVP molds have been extremely consistent for me. I have yet to test My AMPs, probably wont be till this weekend. If what people are saying is true, MVP has made a bad move on this one.

This has happened to the Axis also, just not as noticeable because it's not a high speed disc. They've learned that the PLH has a huge affect on flight and they'll do their best to combat the current situation. They by no means made a bad move, they just didn't know the outcome would be like this. Give it time, it will be alright.

I think the fact that they are striving to put out a consistent product is light years ahead of some of the other manufacturers. They have uniformity. People expect perfect, but nothing about disc molding is going to yield perfection. They can put all the effort into getting the perfect PLH, and I am sure they will get it as close and consistent as possible, but at the end of the day they have no clue what it flies like until WE throw it. Im not really arguing with anyone here, just laying out the facts

I'm disappointed with MVP on the AMP...I have yet to test My AMPs...

At least throw the disc before you say you're dissapointed.

I finally got my Amps today from tortoise speed FedEx. (Although I know Christmas slows things down)

I didn't get a chance to throw them, but they fit like a glove in my hand. The grip is pretty much the same as the Volt, but the Amp just seems to feel a little better, smoother somehow.

Hopefully I'll at least be able to get out to the park tomorrow and give them a few tosses.

BigSky thanks for taking what i said out of context... here let me try once on you:

I didn't get a chance to throw them...the Amp just seems to feel a little better, smoother...

At least throw the disc before you say it feels better/smoother than the Volt.

Holding a disc is different than giving it a rip

I based what i said on the reviews so far, not on my personnal experience. This is why i said "If what people are saying is true, MVP has made a bad move on this one." Now go troll someone else and learn to read ;)

Last edited:

There you go. There is nothing read out of context here.

Let's just enjoy our Amps, as soon as we both get a chance to throw them. :D

people that dont like various mvp discs aren't snapping their wrists hard enough.

i love people that talk inconsistant discs as if they are robots who throw the same each time.

people that dont like various mvp discs aren't snapping their wrists hard enough.

This is a huge factor in MVP discs compared to others, which I wrote about in my Amp review for Rattling Chains. I am not a snap monkey, so I was not clicking with the Amp like I want to. I know for bigger arms it will fly understable, though.

I also tend to be of the nature to blame myself, not the disc. But I guess being honest with yourself if hard sometimes. :\

Snapping your wrist? throwing properly has little to do with snapping the wrist.

but...

back to the mvp amp...

Reviews seem to be all over the place on these so I'm gonna come in without a certain expectation, but how do they roll? I'd imagine more weight along the outer edge would make for a pretty gnarly roller disc.

Got to test out my Amps today: 168 White and 175 Lime.

These things are flippy. Crazy flippy. I'm getting some turn out of my Volts (throw about 350-60), but the Amps are a whole 'nuther story. The white one, despite being lighter, held the gentler turn and faded harder out of the turn. I could flip it up to flat and it'd fly dead straight.

The lime I had some bad throws with, so I'm not ready to write it off yet. I did park two holes back to back with it, on some rather tricky lines I've never hit before. So that's a point for it. Once they get on their turning line, though, there's not a whole lot that will bring them back out of it. I'm really, really glad to see this kind of flippy from MVP.

In reading various reviews and taking my own experience into account, it seems like the Amp is turning a lot more for people in the 350+ range as opposed to lower-powered players like me. I am totally fine with this - there are just some discs that I shouldn't be throwing at this point - but 350 has come up as the number from a couple people, and I find that interesting.

In reading various reviews and taking my own experience into account, it seems like the Amp is turning a lot more for people in the 350+ range as opposed to lower-powered players like me. I am totally fine with this - there are just some discs that I shouldn't be throwing at this point - but 350 has come up as the number from a couple people, and I find that interesting.

Yeah, discspeed, mike c, and zj all seem to be able to throw them fine. I'd like to see some videos of people throwing them. I broke down and have one coming, should be able to throw it Sunday...ordered a yellow 172...haven't seen anything about the yellow ones yet really.

I've got 5 coming my way thanks to All Things Disc Golf and MVP! I'll try to get some video of me and a couple others at different power levels throwing them. I am extremely interested in how they roll, even though that is a shot I don't do on the courses around here, I am getting a roller dialed in for other courses when I see opportunity.

Reviews seem to be all over the place on these so I'm gonna come in without a certain expectation, but how do they roll? I'd imagine more weight along the outer edge would make for a pretty gnarly roller disc.

Love me some rollers with this disc. So easy to turn over and get a nice 'S' out of it. Also very easy to get it vertical before it hits for those sharp right rollers.

I only bought one Volt, but unfortunately it turned out to be one of the flippy Volts, so it already flies like an Amp, but I'm still curious to try one of these at some point. I really wish they had made their drivers a little deeper rimmed. That's the main reason why I just can't see my Volt being my turnover fairway. Amps somehow feel deeper I've heard. Anyone also feel this way?

Latest posts