• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

got to fondle these today at the shop but would not have been able to buy until tomorrow. Some retailers listen!!

Very interesting when placed next to the volt. I cannot wait to get out to throw these. Hopefully my preorders will be here next week and i can be throwing a amp stamped amp!!!

Whether the exact release dates are respected or not, MVP's coffers will be filled, and players will be happy to get the Amp in their grubby little hands.

MVP will definitely fill its coffers, but if release dates are not honored, players may suffer in the long run. Let's say MVP decides to not ship its orders early to Disc Golf Center due to them selling before the release date. That means, for future hot releases, customers loyal to DGC will have to wait longer for the discs, or go to another retailer. So, regardless of how a retailer feels about the release agreements, players may be the ones to feel it more.

Well, it's something to move toward in the future. I was impressed not to see it all over the place today. Could always be a miscommunication, for the benefit of the doubt.

Next release -- smoke, lasers, and intro music! :hfive:

MVP will definitely fill its coffers, but if release dates are not honored, players may suffer in the long run. Let's say MVP decides to not ship its orders early to Disc Golf Center due to them selling before the release date. That means, for future hot releases, customers loyal to DGC will have to wait longer for the discs, or go to another retailer. So, regardless of how a retailer feels about the release agreements, players may be the ones to feel it more.

There are a few assumptions in this post that we may never know are accurate or not. Only MVP knows if they will change any part of their next release.

All I can say for a fact is that I have 2 Amps ordered and I'm pretty stoked about it.

There are a few assumptions in this post that we may never know are accurate or not. Only MVP knows if they will change any part of their next release.

All I can say for a fact is that I have 2 Amps ordered and I'm pretty stoked about it.

For the record, I was proposing a hypothetical, not assuming anything. I don't claim to know anything about the inner workings of MVP's dealer agreements, nor do they really concern me. I don't stay loyal to one retailer over another - I generally buy from who has what I want at the time I want it - so it doesn't really affect me. All I am saying is that if MVP were to change their agreement with DGC, their customers would suffer.

I know. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

It's all good. :hfive:

And, having tossed the Amp, I think you'll like it as a complement to the Volt. They both work pretty differently, but fill valuable spots in the bag, especially if you want to go all-MVP.

I already have an all MVP bag. There's a perfect spot for an understable driver just waiting to be filled by the Amp.
:thmbup:

I understand your willingness to fight for MVP Zam. You have a bottom line to look out for also, and try as you may to remain unbiased in this fight...it's not possible, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Whether the exact release dates are respected or not, MVP's coffers will be filled, and players will be happy to get the Amp in their grubby little hands.

I don't think there is a fight here, it's a pretty clear cut issue. A dealer either honors the manufacturer's specified release procedure or they don't. If they don't it's either a little douchebagery, or blindly following familiar procedures(aka not reading, or not considering the meaning of the words you read). Zam seems talented enough to be making more money doing something that is not nearly as hard to make a living at(as in carving your own niche in a niche sport and excepting a sliver of a very small pie), but something tells me he cares about disc golf in a broader sense than most.

"Pre-order" just means you're paying for an item prior to its release. It's common sense that if you pre-order a product it won't ship/you won't get it until the release date. Retailers know how much of a product they ordered and how many with each option/variation they have, and they can't sell more than that. They even sell out of products before the release date (think iPad/iPhone). This is a good thing for the manufacturer. With the option of weight and color being so important to disc buyers and having a finite amount of each variation, it doesn't make sense for a retailer or a consumer to pre-sell discs any other way (unless you want to stay loyal to one retailer). Only disc golfers who aren't picky pre-buy discs without knowing the exact weight and color and I think most disc golfers are picky with their disc selection.

If MVP didn't want their disc to be pre-sold before the in-store release date, they wouldn't have said it's acceptable. It seems to me that Zam arbitrarily assigned restrictions to how the Disc Nation network set up its pre-orders to preserve the atmosphere of a grand release and mistakenly assumed other retailers would do the same for some reason. DN set up a pre-order for exclusive stamped Amps, which other retailers didn't/?couldn't do. Is it really any different to pre-sell the Amp with actual weights and colors? Either way you won't get the disc before the release date.

This is all being discussed without any reason to believe MVP had specific guidelines for pre-orders and we're going by Zam's overall disappointment in DGC's pre-sale. He might be on the same page as MVP, but if Zam is correct in his fingerpointing, then I personally don't think MVP gave online retailers enough direction.

Last edited:
I think it would be easier to compare the Amp to a Volt than anything else, but I haven't thrown an Amp yet...

As long as it has less HSS than the Volt, and a touch less LSS, I'll be a very happy camper.

I think it would be easier to compare the Amp to a Volt than anything else, but I haven't thrown an Amp yet...

As long as it has less HSS than the Volt, and a touch less LSS, I'll be a very happy camper.

You'll be a happy camper. :clap:

Got one of the DNs on the way. I don't like understable stuff that much, but Mike C.'s vids showed me just how controllable they are. Pretty psyched.

Latest posts