• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

If you're less than 350 ft of power flatten you're amp and it will be nicely understable

depends on which run they have, the newer runs turn and hold turns like they are supposed to.

The first runs (especially white) is like a slightly used volt with harder fade.. lol

I find my new run Amp to be very flippy, i have hardly thrown it because im attached to my rivers so much but its WAY different than my first run amps based on a few throws with it so far.

When the ground dries up and its decent weather im going to give the new Amp a serious chance and try it out in place of my river.

I dont feel like i gave the first run amps a real chance after i found out they weren't truly under-stable like i imagined.

depends on which run they have, the newer runs turn and hold turns like they are supposed to.

The first runs (especially white) is like a slightly used volt with harder fade.. lol

I find my new run Amp to be very flippy, i have hardly thrown it because im attached to my rivers so much but its WAY different than my first run amps based on a few throws with it so far.

When the ground dries up and its decent weather im going to give the new Amp a serious chance and try it out in place of my river.

I dont feel like i gave the first run amps a real chance after i found out they weren't truly under-stable like i imagined.

I've thrown and examined quite a few and I can say with some confidence that there are no defining characteristics of first run Amps. The white are documented as a bit freakish and that I can verify, but many if not most the early run Amps fly as understable as the ones coming out now.

well i bought about 6 first runs when they came out, 2 reds, orange, pink and 2 white. one of the light whites was slightly more stable but the rest mostly the same.

The new one is different that's all i know. I think they changed the mold slightly, or perhaps the new technique makes them fly as intended?

Try Yellow or orange, i find yellow especially for fairways across all the molds is the most consistent, and orange for mid-ranges have always been perfect. No weird dome/plh/characteristics with these colors ever.

If you don't throw with at least 350' of power most Amps will be pretty neutral.

Yeah I can see that with mine, if I power down the amp a bit it flips up flat and goes straight. When I put the power on it, it will flip and turnover pretty consistently.

I believe it is. With that said though, a friend of mine has the same disc only 1 gram heavier and it is flippy as it's suppose to be. They are both out of the first run.

OK, it's the first run, you realize they had issues with consistency on the first run? It doesn't matter what color, weight, etc. If its first run, they all had issues. Some came out proper, others didn't.

I have never had issues with new runs in yellow and orange.

You follow?

OK, it's the first run, you realize they had issues with consistency on the first run? It doesn't matter what color, weight, etc. If its first run, they all had issues. Some came out proper, others didn't.

I have never had issues with new runs in yellow and orange.

You follow?
No, I knew that lol. I was just stating that I had a freak Amp. I'm well aware of the first runs of the MVP drivers.

So,
I am looking for a good anhyzer disc that I can really lean into and have it turn and hold the anny line. I have tried (with little success):
1. River
2. Leopard
3. Avenger SS

I have the Stratus in my bag which I love for mid range annys but anything longer I normally send it into a roller. I want something that will be a TB range, smaller diameter rim, and not a European disc. Will the amp be that disc? Or is it too flippy for someone to really crank on it on a anhyzer line?

@ tkaiser - Please don't take this the wrong way, but the 3 discs that you listed are hyzer flip machines.
What weights and plastic in those?

*Edit*
You might want to try the Tangent or an Axis for anny discs.

not too flippy at all-- given enough height my amp will even fade back. It is probably even more LSS than a river, leo or avenger SS and closer to a seasoned avenger. It is a long fairway disc but will not cut roll easy and mine needs to be put on that line not flipped into a roller like a vision, XL, leo's etc.

Get one but make sure it is a newer run not FR. I throw 350'+ anhyzers with the amp and never had It cut roll from a flat release.

@ tkaiser - Please don't take this the wrong way, but the 3 discs that you listed are hyzer flip machines.
What weights and plastic in those?

*Edit*
You might want to try the Tangent or an Axis for anny discs.

I really want a longer range disc something in the 7-9 speed range. Really the River was nice but I don't like the easy release stuff on the rims. I want non slanted rims!

The Rivers I have tried Opto (169, 175) and VIP (177, 172).
The Leopards I have tried Dx (150), CE (175), Champion (175)
The Avengers SS I have tried ESP FLX (170, 174)

not too flippy at all-- given enough height my amp will even fade back. It is probably even more LSS than a river, leo or avenger SS and closer to a seasoned avenger. It is a long fairway disc but will not cut roll easy and mine needs to be put on that line not flipped into a roller like a vision, XL, leo's etc.

Get one but make sure it is a newer run not FR. I throw 350'+ anhyzers with the amp and never had It cut roll from a flat release.

Okay. I have read that some say the heavier weights are more true to their anhyzer flight. Is that what you have found. My local store has new run Amps 174 and 175 in Yellow.

Okay. I have read that some say the heavier weights are more true to their anhyzer flight. Is that what you have found. My local store has new run Amps 174 and 175 in Yellow.

I believe mine is a yellow 174? No experience with different weights but with my volts I find zero difference from my light black 169 to heavier 175 pink or ones in the middle.

Only issues with AMP's I recall were the FR's (like any disc) and those tended to be flippy to OS. The new run has a lot of HSS turn but is not flippy.

Yep^ thanks Mr.FixIt just consistency-- across the board for MVP products. Have yet to get a back-up or replacement disc which is not basically identical to its counterpart.

I use those yellow 174-175(not early run) because out of all the ones I've tried they are a happy medium...My FR Stormtrooper was of course more stable, and another red one I have turns so fast that I have to consciously go easy on the release. The yellows are $$ and are my most workable fwy drivers...They can stay on a hyzer if you exaggerate the angle a bit, flip flat and fly lazer straight, do a shallow anny that fades forward from slight hyzer, or hold a long sweeping turn from a flat throw. Great discs. I like how the Amp is a little slower than the Volt as it powers down and works better as a more conventional fwy driver.

Latest posts